GDT: Gold Medal Game: Canada Vs Russia | 1:00PM EST 7PM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This link also says he's a real estate agent.

I agree he's the LIiga head of officiating.
I agree he reffed in the KHL.
I agree he refferd at the World's 5 years ago
I don't agree that he is an IIHF official who confirmed this call was right. He's not in that position today. Kerry Fraser, Ron McLean, the head of KHL refs.

WHO CARES WHAT HIS "DAY TIME" JOB WAS (it clearly states he used to be in real estate).

He is an active IIHF officiating committee member so he knows the rules:

IIHF - IIHF Committees 2016-2020

Officiating Committee

Sergej GontcharovChairman
Marta ZawadzkaCo-Chair
Danny KurmannSecretary
Pavel HalasCZE
Matt LeafUSA
Jyri RonnFIN
Alexander PolyakovRUS
Kim PedersenDEN
Todd AndersonCAN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes.

I recommend you to google what a match official is as well.
So Juuka is a referee supervisor for this tournament.. perfect! He's exactly who I want to hear it from. Here is that link:

https://www.iihf.com/pdf/422/ihm422000_35b_3_1

upload_2020-1-6_12-3-22.png

Now send me the link for him saying it was the right call and not a penalty...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
WHO CARES WHAT HIS "DAY TIME" JOB WAS (it clearly states he used to be in real estate).

He is an active IIHF officiating committee member so he knows the rules:

IIHF - IIHF Committees 2016-2020

Officiating Committee

Sergej GontcharovChairman
Marta ZawadzkaCo-Chair
Danny KurmannSecretary
Pavel HalasCZE
Matt LeafUSA
Jyri RonnFIN
Alexander PolyakovRUS
Kim PedersenDEN
Todd AndersonCAN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I'm going by what I read:

upload_2020-1-6_12-6-16.png

It matters because he's being quoted as though his opinion is higher and I don't think it is. He wasn't at the tournament. Your other name though, that's the one I want to see. The Referee supervisor.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Not whining
Not crying

So you also admit it was a bad call? That's the ONLY thing I'm arguing. Happy for Canada. Said it repeatedly.
I don’t think anyone said it wasn’t a bad call. Bad calls happen in almost every game and every tournament. This game had many bad calls.

The fact it was a bad call didn’t give Canada the win or Russia the loss. Russia had the game in the 2nd and blew it by playing undisciplined. Russia f***ed themselves by putting themselves in a bad situation and blowing a 3 goal lead.

And it being a bad call in way takes away from enjoyment of the game or the win.

2020 champions!

Also what’s the purpose of arguing it was a bad call? It seems like you’re fishing for a gotcha moment, you aren’t going to get it. You are just coming across as a little snot looking for a win on the internet over a technicality, when the game is over and decided.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Already linked, Jyri Rönn verified it with him. If you going to suggest that a member of the IIHF Officiating Committee is making up stuff then I have Nigerian bridge to sell you.
No... the link that the supervisor said it. Not Jyri Ronn. He wasn't at the tourney. I want the quote from the guy from the tourney. Cut and paste is fine.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm going by what I read:

View attachment 303611

It matters because he's being quoted as though his opinion is higher and I don't think it is. He wasn't at the tournament. Your other name though, that's the one I want to see. The Referee supervisor.
Jesus, everyone's done 100% of your work for you.

You're hanging on an IIHF Officiating Committee member's day job as listed on Wikipedia? What am I reading?

Do you have a link that says he wasn't at the tournament?

I love how "Referee Supervisor" seems to be more important to you than those they likely answer to, the "Officiating Committee". Either one is more than sufficient evidence for anyone who doesn't have an agenda, but your goalposts keep moving. Get real.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I don’t think anyone said it wasn’t a bad call. Bad calls happen in almost every game and every tournament. This game had many bad calls.

The fact it was a bad call didn’t give Canada the win or Russia the loss. Russia had the game in the 2nd and blew it by playing undisciplined. Russia ****ed themselves by putting themselves in a bad situation and blowing a 3 goal lead.

And it being a bad call in way takes away from enjoyment of the game or the win.

2020 champions!
I agree with everything except people saying it wasn't a bad call. That's what I'm arguing about. There are lots of people on here, including Jussi, saying it wasn't a bad call.

Agree, lots of bad calls.
Agree, didn't give Canada the win.
Agree, didn't cost Russia the game.
Agree, Russia made some awful mistakes
Agree, Canada are the champs and well deserved

You and I are in full agreement.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
They clearly didn't according to IIHF rules so you're very much out to lunch on this. Bob McKenzie sure was right about HFBoards posters... :facepalm:
If a player shot a puck outside the ice boundaries, but it hits a pipe that has a part above the ice surface, it shouldn't be a penalty to you, Jyri Rönn, or his Finnish cronies? Good to know. I'm even more happy we beat you in the bronze-game now that I know you're all cheats as well.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I agree with everything except people saying it wasn't a bad call. That's what I'm arguing about. There are lots of people on here, including Jussi, saying it wasn't a bad call.

Agree, lots of bad calls.
Agree, didn't give Canada the win.
Agree, didn't cost Russia the game.
Agree, Russia made some awful mistakes
Agree, Canada are the champs and well deserved

You and I are in full agreement.
We aren’t, I edited my post while you were commenting. Read it again. I think you have nothing to win by arguing this. You won’t change anyones mind.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If a player shot a puck outside the ice boundaries, but it hits a pipe that has a part above the ice surface, it shouldn't be a penalty to you, Jyri Rönn, or his Finnish cronies? Good to know. I'm even more happy we beat you in the bronze-game now that I know you're all cheats as well.
I'm going to guess you needed your parents' permission to sign up here.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Jesus, everyone's done 100% of your work for you.

You're hanging on an IIHF Officiating Committee member's day job as listed on Wikipedia? What am I reading?

Do you have a link that says he wasn't at the tournament?

I love how "Referee Supervisor" seems to be more important to you than those they likely answer to, the "Officiating Committee". Either one is more than sufficient evidence for anyone who doesn't have an agenda, but your goalposts keep moving. Get real.
Absolutely value the Ref Supervisor from this tournament more than a ref not at the tournament. NO question.

I've been told he said it was the right call.. what I haven't seen is a link for that?

Copy and paste will do just fine... you 2 keep me telling it's been to show me. A quote from the ref Supervisor saying it was the right call.

Let's see it.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Absolutely value the Ref Supervisor from this tournament more than a ref not at the tournament. NO question.

I've been told he said it was the right call.. what I haven't seen is a link for that?

Copy and paste will do just fine... you 2 keep me telling it's been to show me. A quote from the ref Supervisor saying it was the right call.

Let's see it.

I don't need to show it to you. I haven't seen it. What I've seen is plenty to show your conspiracy theories are bull****. A quote from the Officiating Committee means just as much as an off-ice official, since that's where the enforcement of the rules would come from.

Once again, where's the link that shows Rönn wasn't at the tournament, as you keep harping on? I'm not sure why it would matter personally, because you can easily see the puck hit the camera on TV or the internet, but it seems to be important to you.

You keep dealing in hypotheticals while the real world is knocking at your door.

The fact you even bring up "real estate agent" shows what we're dealing with here. Disingenuous at best.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No... the link that the supervisor said it. Not Jyri Ronn. He wasn't at the tourney. I want the quote from the guy from the tourney. Cut and paste is fine.

If you're implying the Jyri Rönn and Jukka Pakaslahti cannot be in contact with each other and share reliable information, then you're quite the special case. :laugh:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If you're implying the Jyri Rönn and Jukka Pakaslahti cannot be in contact with each other and share reliable information, then you're quite the special case. :laugh:
Just send me the info.. I'll admit I'm wrong. You win. That's it.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
They clearly misinterpreted the rule.
Are you this arrogant in real life?
You, a random poster on here, categorically states "they misinterpreted" the rule.

What the f*** are your qualifications to say that?

By the way, in sports, calls can be reversed. Yes, the linesman signalled a penalty. You can see the officials get together and decide that in their opinion it was not a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad