GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Canada 5, United States 6 (OT) • Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
So much less talent than the teams they sent the last few years but they were built perfectly and and were really a team.

Even in the win do we have to have back-handed comments like this one? Apparently this team is pretty talented and maybe some of the previous junior teams were not so much so.

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Great game by the Americans enjoy the Gold you deserved it.
A valuable lesson learned by the Canadians,a little tweak here and there and we will be back next year.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Are we seriously onto part 4 already!!??? Good job boys!!

Congrats to the USA on a great win! As I said previously, win or lose, I was seriously impressed with their team. They had no big name players, but a really talented group of hard working players.

On to Buffalo next year for the re-match hopefully!

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
well.. it's probably good for the sport that someone else than canada won, but go to any US sports website - this gold does not get any publicity at all

aside from some die hard fans and hfboards posters America probably coudlnt care less about the whole event

Couldn't find anything on the TSN site either. :sarcasm:

HAPPY HOUR

Apr 29, 2005
New York
USA! USA! USA!. Man. Almost peed myself when Canada tied it up.

Great tournament and two great teams.

As a Ranger fan looking forward to seeing more of Stepan, Kreider and Bourque.

Very proud of USA hockey right now. :win:

Pascal

Sep 19, 2005
Montreal
as an aside, jesus christ is Kreider ever fast. I don't think I've ever seen someone blow by people with such ease... well, probably Bure did too.

Him and Schroeder were definitely impressive.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
as an aside, jesus christ is Kreider ever fast. I don't think I've ever seen someone blow by people with such ease... well, probably Bure did too.

I don't think there was anyone in the tournament who could touch him when he takes off...just unbelievable.

General Borschevsky

Jan 10, 2009
Atlantic Canada

Yeah, Kreider is one of the most effortless skaters I've seen in a while, its a treat to watch. Schroeder sort of underwhelmed me a bit, but maybe my expectations were a bit too high for him this year. Kristo was awesome though, one of my favourite players this year.

puckster

Oct 8, 2005
Carolina

BIG

Mar 8, 2009
Vancouver
The US played a solid game, their speed was unbelievable. Good game boys, the better team won.

DocSpratley

aka HamhuisHip
Mar 18, 2004
Victoria
Congrats to the USA team! Full marks for the win. They played a very good defensive game and capitalized with speed and smart play.

dfk711*

It was just a great game by both sides. Thats one of the most exciting games i've watched in a while. Love it.

ya, as a fan who didn't care either way for the outcome (i was slightly cheering for usa) it was an amazing game to watch.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
People will be saying the same thing when the US grabs gold at the olympics.

That's a bold statement, but very possible. Mind you, there are some big name players on the USA olympic team, don't kid yourself. The only reason why I said the USA juniors didn't have any big name players is that they had no top 10 draft picks playing for them this year where in years past they always had some high profile players. Their forward group were extremely talented and if they weren't household names before, they certainly are now.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
USA! USA! USA!. Man. Almost peed myself when Canada tied it up.

Great tournament and two great teams.

As a Ranger fan looking forward to seeing more of Stepan, Kreider and Bourque.

Very proud of USA hockey right now. :win:

Sather will probably just end up trading them away anyway.

ogie

Yeah, Kreider is one of the most effortless skaters I've seen in a while, its a treat to watch. Schroeder sort of underwhelmed me a bit, but maybe my expectations were a bit too high for him this year. Kristo was awesome though, one of my favourite players this year.

As a Ranger fan..when they drafted Kreider i was was like "who?!?!?!" after watching this tournament he looks to be a keeper. We have him, Stepan and Borque in the pipe..future looks good.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
One of the best games I have ever watched. I probably wouldnt admit that had the Americans lost.

If I were a Canadian, I wouldnt mind this too much. Youre going to destroy/conquer/annihilate the US team in Vancouver.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
I'm really proud of the USA too. I also liked that they had alot more bite to them than in previous years. This seemed like the first US team that was actually physical from the get go, not just as a response to other teams' physicality like in the past.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Great game played by both teams. I was cheering for the US but when Canada came back, like they did against the Russians last year, I was thinking.....here we go again....they just always find a way to win!
Congrats USA. You picked a great, well rounded team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia