GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET - (Mod Warning IN OP))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
MOD WARNING:

Let's keep this thread on the topic of today's Canada-Russia game please. Discussing of officiating potential biases outside of the actual play during this game, while worthy of its own discussion, is better discussed in the context its own thread rather then hijacking this one. What may happen during the course of this game is fully up for discussion, what may have happened in Sochi or 27 years ago is off topic for this thread. Posts will be deleted as OT and posters may be thread-banned from from the GDT if they continuously take this thread OT with posts ignoring this warning.

Flaming / Off-Topic Nonsense will not be tolerated. First an infraction, then a thread ban.

2015 IIHF World Junior Championship
Gold Medal Game

January 5
8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET

flag_128.jpg
flag_128.jpg

Canada
Projected lineup.

Left Wing​
|
Centre​
|
Right Wing​
16 Max Domi​
|
23 Sam Reinhart
A.png
|
10 Anthony Duclair​
| -
9 Brayden Point​
|
17 Connor McDavid
A.png
|
26 Curtis Lazar
C.png
| -
20 Nick Paul​
|
19 Nic Petan​
|
18 Jake Virtanen​
| -
21 Nick Ritchie​
|
22 Frédérik Gauthier​
|
28 Lawson Crouse​
| -

Left Defense​
|
Right Defense​
25 Darnell Nurse​
|
6 Shea Theodore​
| -
7 Josh Morrissey​
|
4 Madison Bowey​
| -
3 Dillon Heatherington​
|
2 Joe Hicketts​
| -
5 Samuel Morin​
|
-​
| -

Starter​
|
Backup​
31 Zachary Fucale​
|
1 Eric Comrie​
| -

Scratched​
|
Details​
F 29 Robby Fabbri​
|
Out for tournament​
| -

Russia
Projected lineup.

Left Wing​
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
27 Vyacheslav Leshchenko​
|
22 Ivan Barbashyov​
|
19 Pavel Buchnevich
A.png
| -
26 Vladimir Bryukvin​
|
23 Alexander Sharov​
|
18 Maxim Mamin​
| -
11 Nikolai Goldobin​
|
9 Vladislav Kamenev​
|
28 Sergei Tolchinskiy​
| -
15 Anatoliy Golyshev​
|
17 Ivan Fishchenko​
|
25 Alexander Dergachyov​
| -

Left Defense​
|
Right Defense​
7 Rushan Rafikov
A.png
|
12 Alexander Bryntsev​
| -
5 Nikita Cherepanov​
|
6 Vladislav Gavrikov
C.png
| -
29 Ivan Provorov​
|
24 Rinat Valiyev​
| -
3 Dmitriy Yudin​
|
4 Ziyat Paygin​
| -

Starter​
|
Backup​
30 Igor Shestyorkin​
|
1 Ilya Sorokin​
| -

Scratched​
|
Details​
G 20 Denis Kostin​
|
Healthy​
| -

Officials​
|
Referee​
|
wse.gif
Marcus Vinnerborg | -
Referee​
|
wch.gif
Tobias Wehrli | -

Linesman​
|
wcz.gif
Miroslav Lhotský | -
Linesman​
|
wse.gif
Andreas Malmqvist | -

Last edited by a moderator:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Canada need to be careful. The Russians got away with way too many embellishments against use and even Sweden.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
why at 8pm - that's at 2am here in Germany, 3am in Russia. Oh well. Not sure if I'll be up for it today, will have to see.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
why at 8pm - that's at 2am here in Germany, 3am in Russia. Oh well. Not sure if I'll be up for it today, will have to see.

Because Canada is Hosting. You think they are going to put the gold medal game at 1 in the afternoon when everybody is at work? Save it for primetime in the prime market and where the event is being hosted.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Because Canada is Hosting. You think they are going to put the gold medal game at 1 in the afternoon when everybody is at work? Save it for primetime in the prime market and where the event is being hosted.

Well yes, of course - but still. We need our sleep! :D

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
If russia play like they did againts république-tcheque they'll lost- if russia play like when they won 2-1 againts canada they'll also lost because their goalie isnt gonna make 50 saves again.... And i dont believe Russia can beat back-to back to back Usa- Sweden and Canada with their home ice advantage. This is just Logic and you'll see . 4-1 Canada will be the score.

Last edited:

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Go Russia Go... show this Canadian that the best hockey is played in Europe:handclap:

Sweden should get the bronze medal. That would be fair, considering how good they were up to the semi-final game. Something tells me they could've played better yesterday, somehow their game didn't come together. Still though, they were very good.

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
After the game last night i will have to say Russia will get golden tonight.

Its all about GOALTENDING. Russia will close Canada down again, just like they did in the exhibition games so as vs. US.

2-1 Russia.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
If russia play like they did againts république-chèque they'll lost- if russia play like when they won 2-1 againts canada they'll also lost because their goalie isnt gonna make 50 saves again.... And i dont believe Russia can beat Usa then Sweden then Canada with the home ice advantage this is just Logic even the Hawks would not beat Nashville-Kings-Ducks back to back to back

Russia's not going to play like they did against the Czechs - they're going to play better than they did against the Swedes. They love playing Canada, I think. :D

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Sweden should get the bronze medal. That would be fair, considering how good they were up to the semi-final game. Something tells me they could've played better yesterday, somehow their game didn't come together. Still though, they were very good.

Sweden deserved to loss dosent even feel sorry for this ******* they let down a whole countery with their play yesterday.

It's gold that matters not bronze.

Gogo RUSSIA:yo:

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010

Its all about GOALTENDING. Russia will close Canada down again, just like they did in the exhibition games so as vs. US.

2-1 Russia.

Russia Closed nothing we had 50 shots and they didnt touch the puck.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Russia has gotten better as the tournament progressed.

3-1 Canada including empty netter

Romanich7

Sep 23, 2007
Man this is a tough one. Canada looked pretty menacing throughout the tourney and Russia decided to show up the last 2 games. If Russians have any chance at winning they need to get in Fucales head and do it fast otherwise its a lost cause.

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
At begenning of the tournament i bet 150$US on Canada (odds 135) that they will win this tournament and if they do ill win 352$US. On the other hands the odds on russia are 175 for the game tonight..so if i bet 90$ on russia i could also win 240$ and this would make it pretty much a freeroll for me to win 112$ if canada win the tourney and if they lost i still get my money back with the bet on russia ! I really dont know if i should go for that freeroll and Risk nothing or Risk my 150$ to win 352$. I need opinions please and sorry for my english i do my best

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

2-1 Russia.

McDavid is hitting his stride in this tournament at the perfect time after a 6 week lay off from his injury. Russia won't be able to close Canada down. This team is the deepest team Canada has had in a few years and the depth is insane. Canada is too fast, too skilled, too good. They're saving their best game for tonight

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Well - you'd recognize what that is, eh? ;)

Go Slovakia! They deserve the bronze! :handclap: Whoops - wrong thread - my bad...:sarcasm:

Yah but like you canadians i dont say Russia dident deserv to win that game:laugh:

Damn i want the Russian to beat you guys so hard to night :)! for you hockey is religion over there! for us here in Sweden it is pretty big but we don't cry ourself to sleep if we loss a game;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille