Going to Sweden or Germany in October (please delete if there's already a thread..couldn't find it!)

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Gothenburg pre-game advise: O'Leary's on Avenyn. Not the cheapest bar but hockey people are usually there. Last year reporters from NA chose it as the pub to go to pre-World Cup..

I might be there even if I cannot catch the game live. When we get closer let's see who is up for a pre-game beer (or whatever is your preference).

Reactions: Olenkab29

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Gothenburg pre-game advise: O'Leary's on Avenyn. Not the cheapest bar but hockey people are usually there. Last year reporters from NA chose it as the pub to go to pre-World Cup..

I might be there even if I cannot catch the game live. When we get closer let's see who is up for a pre-game beer (or whatever is your preference).

I will be arriving about 48 hours before the game so will scout out half decent places to give some ideas--I was in Sweden two weeks ago--I think our North American friends will be gob smacked when they see even the cheapest prices in some places

I am going to have some fun with this trip

Eurostar to Brussels--train to Cologne--Fly to Gottenburg and to get back to UK do a couple of ferries to Amsterdam and Eurostar back to UK

Last edited:
Reactions: LaGu

Duder54

I will be arriving about 48 hours before the game so will scout out half decent places to give some ideas--I was in Sweden two weeks ago--I think our North American friends will be gob smacked when they see even the cheapest prices in some places

Tell them not to come to Switzerland then! lol.

I'm not sure how they've done other overseas games in the past, but I actually think it would be a great idea if the Edmonton Oilers/NHL organised an official pre-party for fans of the respective teams, with maybe some give-aways, appearances from alumni, etc.

Reactions: Olenkab29

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I'm not sure how they've done other overseas games in the past, but I actually think it would be a great idea if the Edmonton Oilers/NHL organised an official pre-party for fans of the respective teams, with maybe some give-aways, appearances from alumni, etc.

that sounds like a lot of work for the oilers and nhl to do for fans--my guess it will be the fans lining it up

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Yep

was there last September was I did a double take how munch a pint was in a few places

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
am I the only sucker who paid £200 pounds for the tickets?
Ha ha! Err....NO, I'm right there with ya my friend! I just keep reminding myself that the best money spent is always on EXPERIENCES. This one is shaping up to be incredible!!

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
Hahaha, I'm a Gothenburg native so I know the arena layout and booking system well;) Got tickets for 995 a piece, with decent seats! Got some good options for the pre game beers!

YOU are my new best friend! Going to need tips and ideas....AND looking forward to those pre-game beers with a local in a special spot! Woots!

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
Alright hockey fans....I'm going for the double header and I hope you all are too! Germany onsale in about 4 hours. I find their websites tougher to navigate. They don't seem to show a link that lists the game (I'm used to ticketmaster giving you that to look at until you refresh and it's live). Am I missing something?

Doing some beer pricing research...looks like it's cheaper in Sweden than Norway, so I'm all in! My family in Norway have told me that they make trips to Sweden for cheaper alcohol...I guess we'll see!

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Obviously going to the game in Sweden. Hope Oilers-crowd can meet up for beers before!

Section J btw.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If McLelan is still coach, I wonder how many Finnish fans will go to Sweden to take in the game just to heckle McLellan? :)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
PK 1Normalpreis 89,00 EUR
PK 2Normalpreis 79,00 EUR
PK 3Normalpreis 69,00 EUR
PK 4Normalpreis 59,00 EUR
PK 5Normalpreis 45,00 EUR
PK 6Normalpreis 40,00 EUR
PK 7Normalpreis 35,00 EUR
PK 8Normalpreis 29,00 EUR
PK 8 StehplatzNormalpreis 29,00 EUR
PK 9Normalpreis 25,00 EUR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

prices for cologne

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
594a47ce47e61.gif

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
did anyone get tickets to the cologne game? I am being told it sold out. But I was trying to buy tickets the moment they went on sale.. something strange here

I am not getting this message when I continued

Für diese Veranstaltung stehen aktuell keine Tickets zur Verfügung.

my German is rusty but that says there are no tickets available

I hope the Cologne sharks did not do what a team did a last year-- allow their season tickets holders to buy up to 10 tickets at the presale stage

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
did anyone get tickets to the cologne game? I am being told it sold out. But I was trying to buy tickets the moment they went on sale.. something strange here

I am not getting this message when I continued

my German is rusty but that says there are no tickets available

I hope the Cologne sharks did not do what a team did a last year-- allow their season tickets holders to buy up to 10 tickets at the presale stage
Sold out in 10 minutes.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Sold out in 10 minutes.

here is the kicker

Tickets were only available to Cologne SHARKS season ticket holders today--I talked to a couple I know and all season ticket holders bought as many as they could with an eye to reselling--he said there was a 10 ticket max for EACH season ticket holder- meaning that if you held two season tickets you could buy 20 tickets for the game

Sharkuya

Mar 14, 2018
First of all im new here.
I think i can shed some light on that matter because i'am an Season Ticket Holder of the Kölner Haie.

On Monday the NHL send out mails to people that have an abo of NHL Game pass.
This Link somehow found its way to facebook and co.
So several people used it and bought up to 4 Tickets.
Than Yesterday there was an Official Statement from the Kölner Haie. That Season Ticket holder have their seats blocked till 23rd March. We have round about 6000 Season ticket holder. And I know from some of them that they used the link that they got send. I did it as well.
And today at 10 the rest of the rest of the tickets have been sold.
So you may wait till March 23rd and then the tickets that the season ticket holder did not bought are up for sale.

PS: Sorry for my bad grammar.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
First of all im new here.
I think i can shed some light on that matter because i'am an Season Ticket Holder of the Kölner Haie.

On Monday the NHL send out mails to people that have an abo of NHL Game pass.
This Link somehow found its way to facebook and co.
So several people used it and bought up to 4 Tickets.
Than Yesterday there was an Official Statement from the Kölner Haie. That Season Ticket holder have their seats blocked till 23rd March. We have round about 6000 Season ticket holder. And I know from some of them that they used the link that they got send. I did it as well.
And today at 10 the rest of the rest of the tickets have been sold.
So you may wait till March 23rd and then the tickets that the season ticket holder did not bought are up for sale.

PS: Sorry for my bad grammar.

I called the office and I was given the impression all tickets have been sold--I asked the girl on the phone and she was telling me all tickets we already sold--this was at 1pm London time--so unless she was lying to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad