Going to Sweden or Germany in October (please delete if there's already a thread..couldn't find it!)

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
Is anyone thinking of making a vacation of it and heading to Germany or Sweden to catch the Oiler games? Wondering on your thoughts of the possibility of getting tickets...I expect a big demand, but I'm hoping to score some.

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
Is anyone thinking of making a vacation of it and heading to Germany or Sweden to catch the Oiler games? Wondering on your thoughts of the possibility of getting tickets...I expect a big demand, but I'm hoping to score some.
Getting tickets shouldn’t be too difficult if you’re fast! IIRC, there were still tickets available a few days after the release last year for the Stockholm game.

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
Thanks for the note of encouragement! They go on sale at 2am...I'm trying to stay awake! :)

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
Oh no! That stinks! I managed to make it work, but did NOT manage to get my preferred 'cheap seats'. Frack! I ended up with crazy priced tix (albeit really nice tix). *sigh* I'll just suck it up and file it under the category of 'how often do you see a game in Sweden" I guess. This was the link that worked for me....really no problems except user error in trying to book the cheap seats.

2018 NHL GLOBAL SERIES Edmonton Oilers vs New Yersey Devils

That said, the cheapies all seemed to have some degree of obstructed view....I did pass on that, but it seems the next price point up was pretty significant!

Let me know how you make out!

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
I just got two tickets to Oilers vs Devils in Gothenburg. Prime seats. Should be good.

I guess we'll see you there! Here's what I got:

Section:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sektion O Vänster
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Row:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Seat:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Section:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sektion O Vänster
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Row:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Seat:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: RuneMcEres

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
So...looks like we are basically directly opposite each other, you're on the player box side, we're on the penalty box side. Man, I was stressed wanting to get tix so badly!!! I wonder if I overestimated the local marketplace?

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
DEFINITELY pre game beers! I have a feeling there will be a bunch of us. So hey, simonwising, you're clearly smarter than me..I'm guessing you got slightly more economical tix than I did?

Reactions: RuneMcEres

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
So...looks like we are basically directly opposite each other, you're on the player box side, we're on the penalty box side. Man, I was stressed wanting to get tix so badly!!! I wonder if I overestimated the local marketplace?
I think I did too, but I wasn't going to leave anything to chance. Frantically refreshing the website and that whole dance.

Reactions: Olenkab29

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
:) There is a certain amount of excitement that goes with that! And man, performance and management and all things aside, I love this team to my shoes....this will be an epic trip! Looking forward to meeting up! Heck, we'll both be the people in the 'fancy seats' apparently....lol

Reactions: Duder54

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
DEFINITELY pre game beers! I have a feeling there will be a bunch of us. So hey, simonwising, you're clearly smarter than me..I'm guessing you got slightly more economical tix than I did?
Hahaha, I'm a Gothenburg native so I know the arena layout and booking system well;) Got tickets for 995 a piece, with decent seats! Got some good options for the pre game beers!

Reactions: Olenkab29

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
You guys are awesome!!
I have worshipped this rollercoaster since WHA days moving away from Edmonton and back.

Your support is insane! I would travel there if I could. I hope they put on a great show and you guys enjoy the hell out of it!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I guess we'll see you there! Here's what I got:

Section:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sektion O Vänster
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]