3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Missed this one last night so caught it this morning.

That was an absolute dismantling of a pretty good team. Boston got next to nothing generated over the last 2 periods. I really hope Kreider is saving it for when they play for keeps. He's really fighting it now so its even more apparent but the effort at best has been 80% on a good night this year with him. I can forgive a rough stretch where the puck just isn't doing what you want it to do because that happens to nearly everyone. I cannot forgive the lack of effort or urgency that has been there in his game pretty much all year.

There are handful of guys I'd give some time off once they clinch a spot. Hes at the top of that list.
They're NOT going to do that. Clinching isn't good enough. Unless you're talking about clinching Presidents. They might rest some of them (intermittently) for just 1 game though. Imo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
we're a better team without trouba and probably a better team without lindgren too

i'm sorry
Unless Trouba magically comes back and plays much much better it's been so much fun to watch this team with Jones' mobility and high IQ.
On top of his strengths he's now taking hits to make plays in the d zone.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
we're a better team without trouba and probably a better team without lindgren too

i'm sorry
The grass is always greener. If Trouba would subject himself into being that prototypical stay at home bruising defenseman and not fancy himself into being an offensive force, then I'd be okay with him. As it is, I am okay with him albeit NOT as a 1st pairing.
With the prospects we have, and already have, Trouba "should be" eventually pushed to 3rd pairing. That's not happening because of salary, if we could trade him, well then just do it this off season.
Lindgren otoh, the same could be said as far as 3rd pairing, he just needs to be much less injured. A warrior, but that doesn't do anybody justice if he's not on the ice, and eventually will probably be jettisoned if a great deal comes along. Make no mistakes, he IS a liability with the way he plays.

Reactions: egelband and LOFIN

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Think about it. The Rangers this season have lost Fox for a month, Kakko for close to 2, Chytil for basically the entire year, Wheeler gone for the half of the season, Trouba and Lindgren hurt, and yet they have remained in 1st and near the top of the league standings all year. Not bad.
A LOT to think about, but you are correct. This TEAM, actually does play like a TEAM. There's an internal battle for PT, I wish Lavy would do MORE of what he did yesterday. Sitting Kreider for some shifts? That's unheard of. A small slap on the wrist, a warning me thinks, as well it should be.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Jones will likely hit 30 games on the season. This is what we discussed before the start of the season when he first became designated 7th D - it wasn’t the worse thing for a young player where he gets an odd game here and there plus being the 1st option when injuries happen. Surely he got more out of staying ready, practicing with and watching varsity D than if he stayed as a “full-time” D in Hartford after already being in this role in the prior 2 years. Just a pretty normal step in his progression to becoming a bona fide top-6 NHL D (and hopefully maybe even top-4 eventually).

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
YOUGOTBALLS.jpg

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Oh yeah. When he sticks to calling the game Sam is a good listen.

My problems w Sam are when he & Joe have gratuitous conversations when the game is going on. Or when he talks about something that already happened ("that was a good play because he xxxxx") while there is new stuff happening right now that negates it.
I know. That drives me crazy about those two.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Yeah by a huge margin. Sam's just old, he sometimes can't keep up with the play and trips over his words when he gets excited. Nothing out of the ordinary for a guy who is 76. Misidentifying players is something he has been doing for two decades, LOL, so that's not even age.

Edwards on the other hand has some sort of legitimate medical issue, he has said himself. I've always hated him as a Bruins announcer but I have very fond memories of him calling USMNT games. And I don't doubt for a second he's a good human being. It's hard to listen to him at this point. It was last season or possibly even two seasons ago and I remember asking on here if something was wrong with him and a lot of people were like, no he's just a jackass, thinking I meant what he was actually saying. A couple people chimed in that it did seem like something was off. Now it's incredibly apparent every night and he sounds really bad. I hope the guy figures out what it is and that it doesn't end up affecting anything other than his speech.

Right now, and I'm not trying to make light of it, but he sounds like when you're that special kind of drunk where it's not even that you're slurring your speech, but that you can't even get half of the words to come out without fighting it.
I hope he's been to a neurologist. It sounds like he may have ataxia, a degenerative neurological condition that affects speech and limb control.

I feel like Lafreniere and Kakko will have a monster playoffs
From your mouth to the hockey gods' ears.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Oh yeah. When he sticks to calling the game Sam is a good listen.

My problems w Sam are when he & Joe have gratuitous conversations when the game is going on. Or when he talks about something that already happened ("that was a good play because he xxxxx") while there is new stuff happening right now that negates it.
The thing that bothers me the most is when they knob swallow every single team the Rangers play against, even the crap teams. It's annoying. It's ok to say a team sucks sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad