Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
EPIC WIN.png

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Worse than Sam?
Yeah by a huge margin. Sam's just old, he sometimes can't keep up with the play and trips over his words when he gets excited. Nothing out of the ordinary for a guy who is 76. Misidentifying players is something he has been doing for two decades, LOL, so that's not even age.

Edwards on the other hand has some sort of legitimate medical issue, he has said himself. I've always hated him as a Bruins announcer but I have very fond memories of him calling USMNT games. And I don't doubt for a second he's a good human being. It's hard to listen to him at this point. It was last season or possibly even two seasons ago and I remember asking on here if something was wrong with him and a lot of people were like, no he's just a jackass, thinking I meant what he was actually saying. A couple people chimed in that it did seem like something was off. Now it's incredibly apparent every night and he sounds really bad. I hope the guy figures out what it is and that it doesn't end up affecting anything other than his speech.

Right now, and I'm not trying to make light of it, but he sounds like when you're that special kind of drunk where it's not even that you're slurring your speech, but that you can't even get half of the words to come out without fighting it.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I think there is something going on physically with Kreider. He doesn't seem right. I seem to remember he took a weird spill in the offensive zone I think against Winnipeg. He wasn't hit or anything. Just took a odd spill when he was turning near a corner. Maybe he's just trying to battle through something considering the team is already down two big players in the lineup and there is still plenty to play for. But if needs to take time off to heal up then they need to do it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Missed this one last night so caught it this morning.

That was an absolute dismantling of a pretty good team. Boston got next to nothing generated over the last 2 periods. I really hope Kreider is saving it for when they play for keeps. He's really fighting it now so its even more apparent but the effort at best has been 80% on a good night this year with him. I can forgive a rough stretch where the puck just isn't doing what you want it to do because that happens to nearly everyone. I cannot forgive the lack of effort or urgency that has been there in his game pretty much all year.

There are handful of guys I'd give some time off once they clinch a spot. Hes at the top of that list.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
They're Cup favorites if they get 2022 Krieder and Zibanejad. They're support players at this point. Luckily the Panarin line is picking up the offensive slack.
Let's just hope when th PO's roll around, that every team will be focused on Tro line. Zibby and Kreider will then make a difference? Usually it's the 3rd and 4th lines that do. We can do that as well. Anyone imagine Cuylle won't have game?

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Worse than Sam?
Oh yeah. When he sticks to calling the game Sam is a good listen.

My problems w Sam are when he & Joe have gratuitous conversations when the game is going on. Or when he talks about something that already happened ("that was a good play because he xxxxx") while there is new stuff happening right now that negates it.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Did Jack Edwards have a stroke or something? not being facetious
Glad you mentioned him, I was gonna. That MAN is so funny! I don't even think he means to be.
His accent, his expressions, his analysis, I can't remember what he said that had me loll'ing. Might re-watch to share here. Annoying is his pronunciation of Zibby. It's Zibanajaaad.

He's absolutely allergic to shooting the puck but he's big upgrade on Brodz.
Gave him a star. Amazing defensive plays and the goal was a lucky but even still. Nice fit for us.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think there is something going on physically with Kreider. He doesn't seem right. I seem to remember he took a weird spill in the offensive zone I think against Winnipeg. He wasn't hit or anything. Just took a odd spill when he was turning near a corner. Maybe he's just trying to battle through something considering the team is already down two big players in the lineup and there is still plenty to play for. But if needs to take time off to heal up then they need to do it.
I thought the same thing last night because he wasn't even moving sometimes and definitely wasn't engaging on the defensive side. Playing almost like a beer league forward waiting to be sprung for a breakaway.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So glad we didn't get rid of a super young d-man in Schneider. Guy is gonna be a super defenseman.
Fox/Miller/Schneider.
Teams would kill to have 3 young dmen under 25 that good. Ok Fox just turned 26.
@majordomo added non "chopped liver" Jonesy and I might mention that physically abused Lindgren (the heart) is all of 26 himself
Old man Trouba is all of 30.

Balls on the table type of win without Trouba and Lindgren

Would not be upset if Carolina took the top seed and we played Philly R1 over Tampa
No, we need to take the title. They've had it what?......3 years running? Sorry, I want it and even more I want REVENGE with Tampa. Many, many reasons for that. We should've gotten McD back, so he can win another.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Another big win. We've been playing great but I feel like I've lost my purpose on here. :( It's been weeks since I had to talk several of you guys off the ledge ! :popcorn:
They're all holding hands in unification at the top of the Empire State Building. I saw them.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Great overall defensive effort in the last 40-50min.

How thankful are the NYR they didn’t trade Zac Jones for a bag of pucks. Love this kid’s game.
How stupid are the other GM's? He obviously has improved during his time off, and is better than what we originally imagined, but no one could have seen this coming, except for those who worked with him. If he were 6'3" and 240 he would remind me of Al Iafrate. Damn, I didn't like that guy when he had the puck.

Reactions: ArPanet

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I opened a Boston stream at first & was shocked at how slow his cadence is. Why is he still on the air when something is clearly not right?
Yea they did tests on him and found nothing. But in all likelihood, he has some sort of brain cancer or disease that will be detected eventually.

• Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's really buckled down these last few weeks. I knew he had it in him. He was so good last season. He became the Whipping Boy so fast.
Me too, but you can only be as good as your partner allows. Schneids seems to be the total team player imo. Whatever it takes, so I guess he's been "held down" playing 3rd line minutes all this time? He's made the jump, NOW they know what he can handle. Trouba really may become expendable when the time is right.
Want to keep Lindgren though, even though he's a definite liability. Love the guy.

Reactions: Captain Lindy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad