Goalies On Trade Market

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Completely forgot about him. I thought Erie traded him. He's just sitting out right now?

As far as I'm aware, yes he's just sitting out right now. I don't know if they've attempted to trade him, if he's playing anywhere else. or if he went to university. Been pretty much a media blackout on any sort of news about him.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
As far as I'm aware, yes he's just sitting out right now. I don't know if they've attempted to trade him, if he's playing anywhere else. or if he want to university. Been pretty much a media blackout on any sort of news about him.

Not playing Junior hockey (A, B or C) or University or it'd be updated on eliteprospects so must just be sitting out. Weird

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The Knights would take Raaymakers. What would the price tag be?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I can't imagine thinking Ovsjannikov is worth an OA spot. His numbers are not good and watching him he looks... not good.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I can't imagine thinking Ovsjannikov is worth an OA spot. His numbers are not good and watching him he looks... not good.

More just because the Gens have a completely full roster and an open OA spot if they chose to move Di Carlo. Only opening right now is backup G. Don't need the backup G to steal any games, just keep the team in them, which isn't happening right now

Swamp Rat

Nov 2, 2017
Do that mean that Kingston is throwing in the towel early if they trade Helvig unless Bonello has some kind of renaissance. He was sheltered in Minor Midget with a very strong Toronto Titans which made his stats look attractive at the draft. All of his weaknesses were exposed in Saginaw compounded by the fact that he never took conditioning very seriously. Good luck though.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Fulcher could be on the market soon if the Bulldogs continue to sink in the standings..as he won't be back next season and Hamilton is going nowhere as their management and coaching cannot develop players..

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Do that mean that Kingston is throwing in the towel early if they trade Helvig unless Bonello has some kind of renaissance. He was sheltered in Minor Midget with a very strong Toronto Titans which made his stats look attractive at the draft. All of his weaknesses were exposed in Saginaw compounded by the fact that he never took conditioning very seriously. Good luck though.
id say yes if they move helvig. Theyd be crazy right now with the way things are in the entire league anyone can beat anyone no leader either conference.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
id say yes if they move helvig. Theyd be crazy right now with the way things are in the entire league anyone can beat anyone no leader either conference.

Agreed too tight right now at the moment in either conference and price tags are high in the league still from a managers standpoints. Once leaders start to pull ahead in either conference and team's managers decide to be either buyers or sellers before the trade-deadline would imagine the prices will spike again by that time while teams bulk up for post-season runs.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Agreed too tight right now at the moment in either conference and price tags are high in the league still from a managers standpoints. Once leaders start to pull ahead in either conference and team's managers decide to be either buyers or sellers before the trade-deadline would imagine the prices will spike again by that time while teams bulk up for post-season runs.

You know already if your team is good enough or not (or will be in the mix to be good enough if you add at the deadline). Kingston knows they aren't winning the OHL this year. They'll move Helvig whenever the price is the highest. Not waiting because they think they might have a Mem Cup team because the standings are still close

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
You know already if your team is good enough or not (or will be in the mix to be good enough if you add at the deadline). Kingston knows they aren't winning the OHL this year. They'll move Helvig whenever the price is the highest. Not waiting because they think they might have a Mem Cup team because the standings are still close

Kingston is not really an OHL Champioship contender, however, (like most years) who really is from the East? The Fronts are 2nd in the Eastern Conference right now; there's no reason to not think they could make a run for a division title this year. They'd be in tough in the finals, but that's the case most years for the east.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kingston is not really an OHL Champioship contender, however, (like most years) who really is from the East? The Fronts are 2nd in the Eastern Conference right now; there's no reason to not think they could make a run for a division title this year. They'd be in tough in the finals, but that's the case most years for the east.

There's a lot of teams in the East who are very similar. But if you're a team like Kingston, you're going to take a chance of being the 1 team of the 6/7 teams that are very similar that'll win the East? But if you're not that team then you lose Helvig for nothing.

If I'm Kingston, I look at my roster and say yeah we're a good young team but this isn't the year we're winning it and move Helvig if there's a good return and then next year when my roster is better then I go for it

Exactly what the Gens did last year. They were in first place but they looked around and were like yeah we're not winning this year, let's get McShane/Blacker and a million picks and now we have 3+ years where we actually have a shot to win starting in 2018. Kingston obviously wouldn't get that kind of return but same thinking

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Someone posted rumours Mario Culina to the Wolves, is this even possible?, he was at Ryerson University.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Someone posted rumours Mario Culina to the Wolves, is this even possible?, he was at Ryerson University.

Is this guy good. Never heard anything about him before. If true maybe Sudbury is looking to make a deal with one of their over age players and a goalie. However need confirmation on this first.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Is this guy good. Never heard anything about him before. If true maybe Sudbury is looking to make a deal with one of their over age players and a goalie. However need confirmation on this first.

WJ

His stats are ok and he’s been part of winners. The (claim? on wolves part) seems odd though given that the wolves have four G 18 or less, four OA, and Culina should be more concerned about completing his semester at Ryerson than joining the wolves at this time.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Kitchener will be looking to move a goalie out once Anthony Dumont-Buchard returns from injury.
Richardson or McGonigle will probably be moved to give them playing time somewhere.
Not definite number one goalies, but both have shown some potential.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
His stats are ok and he’s been part of winners. The (claim? on wolves part) seems odd though given that the wolves have four G 18 or less, four OA, and Culina should be more concerned about completing his semester at Ryerson than joining the wolves at this time.

Why should Culina be more concerned with finishing his semester? Maybe the kid doesn't like his course. Maybe the kid wanted to stay in the OHL but didn't have a place to play. Maybe he could transfer to LU. Word is the kid wants to return to the OHL. Not really your place to say IMO. He never had a great chance in the OHL and supposedly is quite good. Windsor tried to deal him but couldn't get what they wanted for him and then just recently allowed him to go on waivers. Wolves from what I understand have put in a waiver claim for him which costs them nothing. Maybe they are weighing their options and following this weekend you will see him make his way to the Big Nickel. With Rhodes out for at least another 2-4 weeks they can have him play a few games and if he works out the Wolves have options leading into deadline of January for overage players limited to 3. With Carson returning and Levin do back in another 3 weeks I think the forwards would be fine without Laguenesse if Culina works out.

Levin Pezzetta Soko
Carson Murray Baker
Hucth Bulitka Tabek
Pilon Gilhula Pilon
McConville
Lagunesse-trade

Use one of our affiliates to have Frappier get some games in.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why should Culina be more concerned with finishing his semester? Maybe the kid doesn't like his course. Maybe the kid wanted to stay in the OHL but didn't have a place to play. Maybe he could transfer to LU. Word is the kid wants to return to the OHL. Not really your place to say IMO. He never had a great chance in the OHL and supposedly is quite good. Windsor tried to deal him but couldn't get what they wanted for him and then just recently allowed him to go on waivers. Wolves from what I understand have put in a waiver claim for him which costs them nothing. Maybe they are weighing their options and following this weekend you will see him make his way to the Big Nickel. With Rhodes out for at least another 2-4 weeks they can have him play a few games and if he works out the Wolves have options leading into deadline of January for overage players limited to 3. With Carson returning and Levin do back in another 3 weeks I think the forwards would be fine without Laguenesse if Culina works out.

Levin Pezzetta Soko
Carson Murray Baker
Hucth Bulitka Tabek
Pilon Gilhula Pilon
McConville
Lagunesse-trade

Use one of our affiliates to have Frappier get some games in.

WJ

Maybe. And, add a year to his school package

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad