Speculation: Goalie situation beyond Connor

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Is it most likely that Brossoit won’t be back? If so, would the Jets use their cap space to acquire a placeholder goalie like Holtby or Koskinen plus a high draft pick for a low draft pick?

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Yeah curious what will happen with Bra Swa this year. Odd cause I remember him on the Oilers and never thinking he would amount to much and he may have been the best back-up Jets 2.0 ever had? Provided stability where you felt like you could win games with him in net if Helle needed rest.

Reactions: JetsUK

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Not really an area of concern. I mean the starter is one of the best in the League. So really.... It's Helles crease and the backup whether it be Bro or Comrie or ufa is pretty much irrelevant

1 to 1.2 million is probably fair for brossoit but that 1 to 1.2 is probably better spent on D.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I think we'll have loads of capspace next year so cap isn't really a concern at all. Initially I wondered if Seattle would give him a shot as their starter but given they'll take either Vanacek/Samsonov from the Capitals and then Khudobin from the Stars, that will be their goalie tandem so Bro would be looking at a backup gig either elsewhere or here. I don't see him as an option to start anywhere else. Maybe Detroit?

As a result I think Bro is back at the same $1.5M hit for another year. I'd be happy because Helle is happy with Bro and I think that money is well spent to make sure the goalie room is just how our Vezina goalie likes it.

After next season Berdin needs waivers so we'll have to make a decision on if he is the potentially successor to Helle or not. So we can revisit next offseason but I expect a Helle/Bro tandem again next year and then a Helle/Berdin tandem the following year. Comrie probably claimed on waivers again.

Based on no trades I see over $9M in capspace at the moment after extending Copp and Pionk. If we trade Copp instead of extending him that is even more space.

upload_2021-6-8_15-23-54.png

We do need to extend either Perreault or Lewis for expansion draft purposes, so put them in instead of Luoto. I assumed that big Stan gets taken as we are the deepest in prospects at that position and it allows us to promote the Moose top pair of Samberg - Kovacevic to play with each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad