Goalie management for the weekend

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We always seem to play the back up against the Sens. :laugh:

I feel like Tok got all but one game vs. Ottawa during the season last year.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Excited to see how he does. I hope he kills it and we can trade him next season for a first round pick, and Fucale keeps developing this year.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Im glad Condon is getting a start but it should've been the B's, not the end of the world though I think he can handle good teams which wasnt the case with Tokarski.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Here's the answer

Ah man I just saw his interview about getting the start in Ottawa and he seemed pretty bummed out when they asked him how he feels about not getting a start in Boston. None of his family or friends will be coming to Ottawa to watch his first game :(

[NHL]842332[/NHL]

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
Excited to see how he does. I hope he kills it and we can trade him next season for a first round pick, and Fucale keeps developing this year.

He's not going to fetch a first round pick after only one season as a backup. Besides, Fucale sucks and it's highly unlikely that he'll ever be a good NHL backup.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
So it seems...MT cant do anything right.

I don't know man. There's lots of opportunities to pick on MT, but this poll is basically split down the middle. I never considered this to be a no brainer type decision, that's why I made the poll.

Nynja*

I don't know man. There's lots of opportunities to pick on MT, but this poll is basically split down the middle. I never considered this to be a no brainer type decision, that's why I made the poll.

See my first post in this thread. Sometimes its not about matchups or hot hands, you do whats right.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
See my first post in this thread. Sometimes its not about matchups or hot hands, you do whats right.

Condon being from the area is what makes me struggle with what is the right call, but I don't think it makes it a no brainer. I certainly see the argument for starting Condon in Boston, but I ultimately went for him to play ottawa. What's "right" in the situation is not crystal clear.

I'll admit that I have a double standard, though. If the habs had a b2b with Calgary and Vancouver, and price was not given the vancouver game, I would have been 100% against it.

As for Condon, I'm sure he's upset that he wont get the boston game, but I think it will quickly wear off as he needs to get ready for the ottawa game, and make a good first impression. His priority at this stage is that he belongs. In Ottawa, he doesn't have to worry about anything outside of playing the game.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Would also have liked to see him play in his hometown but seriously if a family doesn't want to bother driving 7 hours to see their sons first NHL game then they suck.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Playing in Boston may also be a lot more stress on Condon. Maybe it would be better to play in Boston after a couple game to establish himself as a NHL back-up.

I voted to start him in Boston too, but I'm ok with the decision.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I think that teams should go in to back to back games with the same mindset that baseball teams have going into double headers.

You just go in with the mindset to win game one. If you win the first game then the worst that can happen is a split. If you happen to win both then great. If you lost the first game then the best that you can do is a split.

Sure hockey is a little different because you can still get a point if you go into overtime. But I just think you have to put your team in the best position to succeed in the first game.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Start Price in both. Its the first few games of the season, he's never going to be this fresh again and our aim should be to play him as much as possible, so let's take advantage.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Would also have liked to see him play in his hometown but seriously if a family doesn't want to bother driving 7 hours to see their sons first NHL game then they suck.

If only Erik Cole was still around... plane tickets for everyone!

That's still pretty silly to not give him the start in Boston when you have the choice.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's Price vs Boston and Condon vs Ottawa. I don't agree. Sens will be a greater opponent. Should have been Price in both...or Condon vs Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad