Goalie management for the weekend

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I know its very early in the season but, we have b2b games on the weekend against boston and Ottawa. Do you give any thought to condon being from new england, and giving him that as his first career NHL start? Or would you rather play the experienced price, who has alot of recent success against Boston. Maybe the rivalry is too much too soon for condon?

And if price gets Boston, any thought of putting condon in against Ottawa?

Or is it just too early in the season to think about sitting price?

I'm interested in what people think about this. I am on the fence about all these options.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Condon will most definitely get a start this weekend, based on the way Therrien usually handles b2b situations.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Play Condon in Boston. That would be my call.

I'd be aiming to give the backup somewhere around 15 starts through the year so might as well see what he's capable of right away!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Play Condon in Boston. That would be my call.

I'd be aiming to give the backup somewhere around 15 starts through the year so might as well see what he's capable of right away!

I think Boston would be the easier assignment for a rookie. He may give up goals but the Bruins' D is porous and Rask will get little protection. Ottawa would be a tougher assignment for Condon. Of course this is just my opinion.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I think Boston would be the easier assignment for a rookie. He may give up goals but the Bruins' D is porous and Rask will get little protection. Ottawa would be a tougher assignment for Condon. Of course this is just my opinion.

I agree. Ottawa is almost certainly the better team this year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Honestly, I see Boston as the easier matchup. Give that to Condon. As well, it'd be a nice sort of "welcome" move by the Habs - starting him against their biggest rival in his first NHL start/game.

Nynja*

It would be a ******** move to not give Condon his first NHL start in his hometown. Remeber Halak's first game back in Montreal since being traded? Despite Elliott being on fire the past 3 games, Hitchcock said something like "sometimes you have to make decisions that go beyond the hot hand or matchups".

Or you can be like Tortorella, who benches Weise in his first game in Winnipeg (where he's from).

Its a no-brainer, Condon should start in Boston.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It would be a ******** move to not give Condon his first NHL start in his hometown. Remeber Halak's first game back in Montreal since being traded? Despite Elliott being on fire the past 3 games, Hitchcock said something like "sometimes you have to make decisions that go beyond the hot hand or matchups".

Or you can be like Tortorella, who benches Weise in his first game in Winnipeg (where he's from).

Its a no-brainer, Condon should start in Boston.
No brainer, and MT don't seem to go hand in hand, so................?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Price gets Boston.
MT wants those points badly because winning game one in a back to back is key.
Condon doesn't need any added distractions for his first start.
He can get Boston in Boston once he's more grounded.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
You could argue a case that Ottawa is a bigger threat than Boston this year. So give Condon his NHL debut at homs in the garden

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Price will play both. The schedule is fairly light to start the year.

But if Condon does get a start, it will be against Ottawa.

Always play Price first of a B2B because then you can make the decision about whether he should go in the second game based on the many factors.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Condon in boston would be like "We've sunk so much now we got the backup" for the fans there, which is cool with me.

Plus Habs have often lost at home to Qc backups so it's karma time.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Condon in boston would be like "We've sunk so much now we got the backup" for the fans there, which is cool with me.

Plus Habs have often lost at home to Qc backups so it's karma time.

They'd start making condom jokes before the puck even drops.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
glad he's getting a game, we need to see what he can do and I don't want Price playing back to back games even this early in the season. I would have given Condon the start in boston as a tip of the cap to him but against the Sens he'll get more of a test as I would think they are the better team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad