Should the goal have counted?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I thought it was probably interference and was a little surprised it wasn’t overturned.

However that’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes and it’s what can happen when you play tentative hockey all night. One of the teams is probably going to catch a break.

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston
The Matthews goal? Maybe not, but the Boston goal shouldn't have counted and Toronto scored the only indisputable goal... soooo...
Goaltender interference and offsides, same thing. Offsides where you don't have evidence of offsides, goaltender interference where you have... well we don't know because they said there's a lack of evidence but not why the evidence that does exist isn't enough.

Sure you can say they're both disputed but not remotely similarly.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Goaltender interference and offsides, same thing. Offsides where you don't have evidence of offsides, goaltender interference where you have... well we don't know because they said there's a lack of evidence but not why the evidence that does exist isn't enough.

Sure you can say they're both disputed but not remotely similarly.

D4j6IObXoAEtfUr.jpg

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I thought it was interference at the time and still do but after seeing the still shot Rask was much more out of the crease than I thought he was.
I can understand a bit more why the league office found it hard to overturn the call on the ice.

Still if the teams were reversed I would be furious.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad