Speculation: Go Time? Will Blues resign Petro?

Will Blues resign Petro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
There was also something floating around about some kind of swap with TOR involving Pietro and Nylander?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
According to Capfriendly.com we have about 5+ in cap space. If the Blues LTIR Steen and Tank and trade Bozak that should clear plenty of space?
Looking at CapFriendly is useful, but there is a lot of nuance that it is difficult to accurately show. I could work it so that we've actually got ~$6.9m in cap space with the Dunn & Pietrangelo roster spots open and no use of LTIR.

Moving Bozak could well be enough for us to extend both Pietrangelo & Dunn, replace Bozak on the roster and still be cap compliant with nobody on LTIR.

Creating the cap space shouldn't be too problematic, and it'll just be down to getting creative when Tarsasenko comes off LTIR.
There was also something floating around about some kind of swap with TOR involving Pietro and Nylander?
There is nothing to that. I think it was based of a tweet from some guy in Toronto that is known for bad rumours. I don't even think he was suggesting Pietrangelo for Nylander, but rather saying they should acquire Pietrangelo's rights and trade Nylander for space... not that they should trade Nylander for Pietrangelo's rights.

Reactions: Blueston

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I voted that he is leaving.

I don't think it's Army being bullheaded, chances are Stillman might even be pulling back on Army and hoping that we won't spend to the cap unless we can get a more favorable term (less long term).

If the rumors are true that Petro is hurt over the offer, then he is pretty short sighted as to what is going on in the world right now. As a business owner myself I am of course concerned about what another year of dealing with a pandemic could do. This leads me to realize if everything gets opened up by the government, all it would take would be an outbreak on a businesses customer base for that business (and the Blues are a business) to get hurt with lower revenue or no revenue due to the pandemic. I would have to assume that the ownership group is considering this, and I'm sure Army is too. There is also the flat cap, and who knows how long that is going to go on for now, just remember the last lock out and all that it left in it's wake with slow cap growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad