Go Caps! (Official Caps Playoff Bandwagon Thread 2015)

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well...theres lots of misery being a Caps fan. I guess we could use some company.

Interesting about Kings fans. Pretty much the last teams fans I could think of but I guess they had a long string of misery themselves prior to the last few years.

I do remember watching Kings games pre-Gretzky on ESPN and WWOR. I believe it was Robitaille's rookie year when they had him and Carson racking up goals and Bernie Nichols was there.

All their games would be 8-5 or some insane high scoring game and they had a couple pretty quesionable goalies. I believe it was former Caps Al Jensen (Galley trade?) and Rollie the Goalie.

I was disappointed when they went to the hip Silver and Black or the Raiders as opposed to keeping the Purple and Gold of the Lakers. I like their throwbacks but I prefer the gold jerseys with the gold helmets.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
All are welcome. These Is The Times, how do you like my playoff avatar??

I love the avatar. I've converted my wife into a big Timmy fan. It's been a while, but I seem to remember Gleason being pretty good for us in our last playoff run. Scored his first and only goal of the season in OT in the Devils series I believe. Hopefully he can pull off some magic like that again.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The blog post about Caps fans at the Islanders game has been deleted before and mod notes have been posted in other threads. Do not repost the link on this forum.

The same warning applies to this entire forum that was posted in the last game day thread which was any outside fan popping in for anything more than "good luck" is probably going to be booted. Go to the neutral playoff forums for anything other than that.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Wooo wooo wooo!

Right now the boards are all talking about why St. Louis can't get the job done even though they have Tarasenko. Basically they need a Kuznetzov too.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Wooo wooo wooo!

Right now the boards are all talking about why St. Louis can't get the job done even though they have Tarasenko. Basically they need a Kuznetzov too.

We need Tarasenko too, I agree.

He could sign some bridge-to-UFA contract with them then move here to play with his friends :)

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Devils fans all in on the Caps bandwagon, beat the Rangers! Also the 40 yr old virgin playoff avis are hysterical!

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Well...theres lots of misery being a Caps fan. I guess we could use some company.

Interesting about Kings fans. Pretty much the last teams fans I could think of but I guess they had a long string of misery themselves prior to the last few years.

I do remember watching Kings games pre-Gretzky on ESPN and WWOR. I believe it was Robitaille's rookie year when they had him and Carson racking up goals and Bernie Nichols was there.

All their games would be 8-5 or some insane high scoring game and they had a couple pretty quesionable goalies. I believe it was former Caps Al Jensen (Galley trade?) and Rollie the Goalie.

I was disappointed when they went to the hip Silver and Black or the Raiders as opposed to keeping the Purple and Gold of the Lakers. I like their throwbacks but I prefer the gold jerseys with the gold helmets.

The old purple and gold gets my vote. But then I was partial to the really gaudy huge gold V jerseys the Canucks came out with that one year. I don't remember how long they had it--maybe more than one year--it wasn't long.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Ah I found it here. I guess they had it for like seven years. I remember the first time I saw it live, probably the first year they had that one, and everyone around me at the Capital Center was just laughing about the huge V. I can't explain why now--at the time it just seemed like the worst ever.

I like old jerseys and the worse the better. Purple jerseys with a fruity crown on the front--those were awesome.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Ah I found it here. I guess they had it for like seven years. I remember the first time I saw it live, probably the first year they had that one, and everyone around me at the Capital Center was just laughing about the huge V. I can't explain why now--at the time it just seemed like the worst ever.

I like old jerseys and the worse the better. Purple jerseys with a fruity crown on the front--those were awesome.

I actually have a replica of that Canucks jersey stashed somewhere in my mom's garage.

Everyone hates yellow/gold jerseys. I'm strange. I like them especially if they have the matching helmets.

RE: Bandwagon

I see alot of Devs/Isles/Pens fans rooting for us. Not so much a bandwagon but more that they hate the Rangers that much.

Most others say "something something I want to see Ovie win a cup"

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
I'm on board. Still a big fan of Coach Trotz. How he hasn't won a Jack Adams is beyond me with the number of wins he's accumulated with overmatched teams in Nashville. How the hell was he not nominated this year!

Oh well, looks like he's going for more important hardware this year. Go caps.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Islanders' fan here. I hated you guys last week. Now, I'm a huge fan. Beat the Rangers and you'll be my 2nd favorite team for next season!!!!

Go Caps!!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Don't know where to post this but is fehr expected to return this series?

He's practicing with the team again. That's as much as we know. He's had a lot of shoulder issues over his career, so it's yet to be seen if he'll even be effective when he comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad