Post-Game Talk: [GM8] Canucks lose to Rangers in OT | 3-4 (Miller, Myers, Soucy) | What Is This Feeling?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I thought he looked off on the road trip (and horrible in that Philly game) but he was terrific tonight outside of some of what he did on the PP.

By far the most dangerous forward for either team, maybe over-handled the puck a bit looking for the perfect play but he was the only guy on either team really breaking down the defense for high-danger chances, he was really good defensively, and he was throwing his weight around. I thought that was his best overall game of the year tonight.
I'm with you on this. Petey is my favourite player and I always watch him the closest.

I agree with others that he hasn't been his superlative self at times this year despite the points.

But tonight was an absolute superstar effort. Every time he was near the puck the tenor of the game changed. He was absolutely asserting his will on the Rangers.

If all you look for is goals and assists you miss the forest for the trees.

He had an almost perfect blend of sublime patience and high-level assertiveness tonight.

If tonight's Petey and this season's Hughes play with this supporting cast we're not just a playoff team, we're a 2nd or 3rd seed in the Pacific and a dangerous out for the big swingers of the conference (Read Colorado or Vegas, I'm not convinced we couldn't potentially take Dallas).

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I thought he looked off on the road trip (and horrible in that Philly game) but he was terrific tonight outside of some of what he did on the PP.

By far the most dangerous forward for either team, maybe over-handled the puck a bit looking for the perfect play but he was the only guy on either team really breaking down the defense for high-danger chances, he was really good defensively, and he was throwing his weight around. I thought that was his best overall game of the year tonight.
The only thing slightly off was his timing. He was generating chances, forcing turnovers, and maintaining offensive zone time.

Reactions: Indiana and MS

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Just finished watching. What a game. One of the best regular season games since the Sedins retired. Even had the WWE "ref didn't see it" endings so no one had to lose clean.

EP's best game this season. He's kicking it into gear.

Probably Hronek's best game this year as well. Just a huge add he is.

Myers redemption tour in progress? A couple solid games in a row. Played well tonight.

Another PP goal would have been nice.

Boeser fighting the puck a bit, but working as hard as he ever has.

Hoglander is back. Looking confident. Seems to have found a role and is taking to it. Loving him and Laff together.

No passengers tonight, which is becoming the norm. Cone on, let's go!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I know it was a loss and all, but...is this team maybe actually kind of good? That was a really solid game, for the second half of a back-to-back coming more or less coming straight off a long Eastern road trip.

I'll take three quarters of the points out of these two nights. Really wasn't a bad effort at all tonight. They were right in the game. Special teams just tipped it. Is what it is. But they didn't just fold. They played hard right to the end.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I know it was a loss and all, but...is this team maybe actually kind of good? That was a really solid game, for the second half of a back-to-back coming more or less coming straight off a long Eastern road trip.

I'll take three quarters of the points out of these two nights. Really wasn't a bad effort at all tonight. They were right in the game. Special teams just tipped it. Is what it is. But they didn't just fold. They played hard right to the end.
I thought the Rangers were the better team in the first but the Canucks played better the rest of the game and OT. Definitely deserved a better fate but thats the way she goes sometimes.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
The one thing I absolutely hate about the NHL compared to NBA or NFL, is the coverage

If they had someone with balls, like Steven a Smith, or shaq, or barkley, go out and scream when shit hits the fan.

Or pat mcafee, yeah, the hockey guys, are so afraid to even speak up, let alone scream.

It’s why it’s so f***ing not entertaining half the time.

Somebody just needs to go up, and say that f***ing bullshit, and scream, and rip the refs on Hockey night in Canada, right in front of Ron, that would be entertainment
So totally this. Every fan of every sport wants to take the refs down a peg. If there was a prominent broadcaster that would just tell it like it is, it would open the door to telling the real story of how good of a game this was. Hiding from poor officiating as though it doesn't exist as opposed to using it as a clickbait headline to showcase good hockey with underlying stories of the unbeatable goalie, the maligned former Calder winner having the game of his life, the team practically nobody believed in is showing life.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Petey nursing some kind of wrist injury perhaps? He’s not shooting nearly as much as he used to, lowest shots/60 rate of his career so far. Not going to get close to 40 again unless he starts shooting a lot more.

Reactions: Indiana

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
In all seriousness, I’ve always been a optimist with the team, a blind optimist would not be a bad term to use.

But this feels weird, it doesn’t feel real. The fact that the switch that was turned off for 8 years has finally been turned on again.

It’s almost like I’m rejecting it now. Bizarre but I wanted to share how I feel

Perhaps I’ve reached nirvana
I’m scared to believe

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It’s because of Jim and John
I look at it like this.

Petey and Quintin and Thatcher are good sperms. They made it. And J.T. is a good step-sibling. The problem is all the sperms that didn't make it. Petey and Demmer and Quinny and JimTithy should have so many other fellow spermy mates but don't cause Jim and John. f***.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
In all seriousness, I’ve always been a optimist with the team, a blind optimist would not be a bad term to use.

But this feels weird, it doesn’t feel real. The fact that the switch that was turned off for 8 years has finally been turned on again.

It’s almost like I’m rejecting it now. Bizarre but I wanted to share how I feel

Perhaps I’ve reached nirvana
For me it has been years of trying to find the silver lining in decision after decision that was either transparently nonsensical, an unresolvable contradiction or both. Now that the apparent process that I'm being sold actually makes sense to me and the results of that process seem to be bearing fruit, I still have a little devil in the back of my mind that thinks I'm being tricked. Gaslighting is no joke. It f***s with perception.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
They need to fix the points system - it just doesnt make sense that some games are worth 3 pts while others are worth 2.

Make reg wins 3 pts, OT wins 2 pts and an OT loss 1 point.

Should just be wins/losses

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad