Post-Game Talk: [GM8] Canucks lose to Rangers in OT | 3-4 (Miller, Myers, Soucy) | What Is This Feeling?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Bn53xiX.jpg

0jSss3f.jpg

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Got back from the game. A few thoughts:

Rogers Arena was bumping like I haven't seen for awhile. There is a renewed excitement about this team. People were chucking bottles onto the ice at the end - not that I approve - but it felt like a game that had stakes.​
The Canucks look legit. They were by far the better team throughout the game and it was obvious. They generated a ton of pressure, were harder working, and got to the loose pucks almost every time.​
Getting scored on 5-3 and after 6 consecutive minutes of pk and then on a blown call in in OT isn't a good situation to be in, but those were almost the only chances the Rangers had. Shesterkin kept them in it.​
Myers did a good thing.​
Miller is fired up.​
If Kuz had scored on that move the place would have erupted.​
Igor's save on Kuz was otherworldly.​
The PP could still use some work.​

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Tough one to lose on such a botched call.

Maclean is a disgrace and has been for years. Stabbed Green in the back after Green carried him for years. Goes after Burrows because he was safe target - like to see him go after a Leaf like that. Guy is absolutely boring and too cute by half. Smarmy phony of a man.

Good

Miller - not his best and tired in the third but his two way play remains very good

Hughes - not his best game but still very effective

Beauvillier - worked both ends of the rink tirelessly. Came close tonite and has to start scoring soon.

Myers - played the kind of game he has to play to be effective - pressing the play up ice (and in every zone actually). Just breaks down when he get standing or backing up too much.

DeSmith - played well again and don't think he can be faulted on any of the goals.

Not Very Good

Pettersson - continues to have a less than stellar (despite the points) season. He keeps making bad decisions. Rushing the puck into traffic, over stick handling, barely adequate movement of the puck on the PP. Although the penalty was obvious, he was again stick handling into a couple of players when he was basically last man back and he did that on several occasions in this game. You're asking for turnovers doing that. Penalty on the too many men was deserved and Pettersson was brain dead turning back into the play when it should have been clear that the other Canuck was already on the ice. To me, his head is just not in the right place.

Suter - bust so far. Keep saying it but Aman is the better player. Suter wasn't getting there in this game and when he did get to the play, he was shunted aside.

Joshua - foot soldiers like him and Lafferty did a good job of establishing o-zone time and on the pk.

Others

Kuzmenko - didn't do much till the OT but best Canuck in the OT.

Hronek - thought Hughes had to do a lot of mopping up in this game.

Got 3 points out of the B to B but this game left a bad feeling in your gut. Hate how they say the game is so difficult to call. I've seen one kid handle games all by himself and be on top of every play. The penalty was right in front of them and not off in the corner. They both had an open angle on the play. But they had already been too much of an influence on the game so they had backed off from calling anything - even when it was apparent to all that Pettersson was tripped. Game management at its best.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Maclean is a disgrace and has been for years. Stabbed Green in the back after Green carried him for years. Goes after Burrows because he was safe target - like to see him go after a Leaf like that. Guy is absolutely boring and too cute by half. Smarmy phony of a man.

Good

Miller - not his best and tired in the third but his two way play remains very good

Beauvillier - worked both ends of the rink tirelessly. Came close tonite and has to start scoring soon.

Myers - played the kind of game he has to play to be effective - pressing the play up ice (and in every zone actually). Just breaks down when he get standing or backing up too much.

DeSmith - played well again and don't think he can be faulted on any of the goals.

Not Very Good

Pettersson - continues to have a less than stellar (despite the points) season. He keeps making bad decisions. Rushing the puck into traffic, over stick handling, barely adequate movement of the puck on the PP. Although the penalty was obvious, he was again stick handling into a couple of players when he was basically last man back and he did that on several occasions in this game. You're asking for turnovers doing that. Penalty on the too many men was deserved and Pettersson was brain dead turning back into the play when it should have been clear that the other Canuck was already on the ice. To me, his head is just not in the right place.

Suter - bust so far. Keep saying it but Aman is the better player. Suter wasn't getting there in this game and when he did get to the play, he was shunted aside.

Joshua - foot soldiers like him and Lafferty did a good job of establishing o-zone time and on the pk.

Others

Got 3 points out of the B to B but this game left a bad feeling in your gut. Hate how they say the game is so difficult to call. I've seen one kid handle games all by himself and be on top of every play. The penalty was right in front of them and not off in the corner. They both had an open angle on the play. But they had already been too much of an influence on the game so they had backed off from calling anything - even when it was apparent to all that Pettersson was tripped. Game management at its best.

Fans are engaged, HF Canucks are hollering again.
Good shit man, team is worth the price of admission.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Betman’s solution to mafia reffing..warn coaches not to speak

Heaven forbid they actually fix the issue !!!

If anybody is clueless enough enough to take the position that the “trip” on ep was just a fluke skate touch hockey play ask yourself how the ranger quickly grabbed turned and grabbed the puck

Shows how planned the trip was and there is no denying it

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
A lot of Rangers fans on their HF boards page agree that they did not deserve to win this game. I am satisfied that we got the point. Really can't complain about a 5-2-1 record and the 3rd best goal differential in the league,

This might have been the Canucks first "prove it" game of the year and they f@cking totally proved it.

Reactions: Indiana

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
well that was frustrating! We deserved to win!

the real prize, aside from the point, is I think they may have actually become a team that deserves to win. We got something here.

Reactions: Indiana and ziploc

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
A lot of Rangers fans on their HF boards page agree that they did not deserve to win this game. I am satisfied that we got the point. Really can't complain about a 5-2-1 record and the 3rd best goal differential in the league,

This might have been the Canucks first "prove it" game of the year and they f@cking totally proved it.
They were the better team all night, barring the penalty situation.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007

Is he trying to commit career suicide? I'm all for the media slamming the officiating tonight, or if a player wants to call it BS, go right ahead (match-fixing is obviously overboard).

An agent with no real reason to root for a specific team (outside his own clients, obviously) making a statement like this is...well, its something.

Edit: I saw his follow-up comment, this guy is hilarious even if it's going to cause him some problems.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Is he trying to commit career suicide? I'm all for the media slamming the officiating tonight, or if a player wants to call it BS, go right ahead (match-fixing is obviously overboard).

An agent with no real reason to root for a specific team (outside his own clients, obviously) making a statement like this is...well, its something.

Edit: I saw his follow-up comment, this guy is hilarious even if it's going to cause him some problems.
1698559706488.png

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops

Good

Not Very Good

Others

I'm with you on Pettersson, orca. I'm not seeing what others are with Pettersson. He seems really off.

Betman’s solution to mafia reffing..warn coaches not to speak

Heaven forbid they actually fix the issue !!!

If anybody is clueless enough enough to take the position that the “trip” on ep was just a fluke skate touch hockey play ask yourself how the ranger quickly grabbed turned and grabbed the puck

Shows how planned the trip was and there is no denying it
It just means the fans have to do it for them. The fans need to make the refs lives absolute hell. I'm so done with them. There isn't a team or a player in this league I despise more than the refs.

Someone else in this thread said it best: pigs.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Carson Soucy scoring two career powerplay goals and both of them are with the Canucks this year makes me laugh a bit. He's clearly got some goal scoring ability and seems to alternate years in which he is able to do so.

Sidenote, Friedman was the one stapled to the bench today. Only played 8:13. Myers actually finished third in defencemen TOI but Hronek and Hughes played over a combined 50 minutes.

Reactions: God and arttk

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker

It's nice to see people with wacky/fun characters in the hockey world. Rachel Doerrie is another one I appreciate.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Rangers fan here in peace. Blatant non-call there in OT.

If it makes anyone feel any better, my team will be a first round out again this year because they can't skate and therefore can't score 5 on 5. Powerplay is lethal, but guess what the refs stop calling during the playoffs... oh yeah penalties.

You guys were much better than I expected. I had money on the Rangers tonight only because you guys had DeSmith in and it was the 2nd of a B2B. This game shouldn't have even been that close and your team is actually really good. A lot of skill and a lot of compete/hard nosed play. With that roster and the way Tocchet has them playing I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Canucks were in the playoffs this year

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Rangers fan here in peace. Blatant non-call there in OT.

If it makes anyone feel any better, my team will be a first round out again this year because they can't skate and therefore can't score 5 on 5. Powerplay is lethal, but guess what the refs stop calling during the playoffs... oh yeah penalties.

You guys were much better than I expected. I had money on the Rangers tonight only because you guys had DeSmith in and it was the 2nd of a B2B. This game shouldn't have even been that close and your team is actually really good. A lot of skill and a lot of compete/hard nosed play. With that roster and the way Tocchet has them playing I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Canucks were in the playoffs this year

All good man, good luck rest of the way.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm with you on Pettersson, orca. I'm not seeing what others are with Pettersson. He seems really off.

I thought he looked off on the road trip (and horrible in that Philly game) but he was terrific tonight outside of some of what he did on the PP.

By far the most dangerous forward for either team, maybe over-handled the puck a bit looking for the perfect play but he was the only guy on either team really breaking down the defense for high-danger chances, he was really good defensively, and he was throwing his weight around. I thought that was his best overall game of the year tonight.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
In all seriousness, I’ve always been a optimist with the team, a blind optimist would not be a bad term to use.

But this feels weird, it doesn’t feel real. The fact that the switch that was turned off for 8 years has finally been turned on again.

It’s almost like I’m rejecting it now. Bizarre but I wanted to share how I feel

Perhaps I’ve reached nirvana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad