Post-Game Talk: [GM70] Canucks defeat Canadiens | 4-1 (Zadorov(2), Garland, & Aman) | Full 50 Minutes

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I hope we can sort of strategically finish. Don’t want to face Vegas or the oilers in the first round. Preferably we finish second in the west.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Nicely played game. Hope they can make it three in a row on Saturday - me, my boys and my Dad will be there to celebrate his 70th birthday!
well there's a mild coincidence. I have to miss my final game of the year this week because we are going to Birch Bay to celebrate my wife's 70th.

Should be a win, and hope you really enjoy it. And I have enjoyed the 3 - 4 times where we got this group together for a hockey game. I held my own for an old geezer, but you clearly were top of the class. Keep it up.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Has to be one of the best shut down third period efforts of the season. Something we haven't seen out of thie team in years. Got everyone is playing on the same page and sticking to good defensive hockey. For so many years we've seen lots of free-lanching and individual efforts leading to breakdowns. Mostly just hoping you get great goal tending and can outscore the other team.

Good

de Smith - little to do late but he was good when he had to be. Really very little, if any, drop off since Demko got hurt. Do wonder if we will see Silvos.

Zadorov - makes it look so easy at times. It's so rare to see anyone really get around him. Real talent but sometimes wish, at times, his motor was better. Just seems do much more there. Big help in this game

Podkolzin - completed every check and his back checking was excellent. Broke up a lot of stuff and kept play alive in the offenisve end. Have to hope the scoring will come but he is putting himself in a position to score. His play has been much better than most could have expected. Hopefully him and Lindholm can find some chemistry

Garland - another outstanding effort. Best Canuck on the ice. Board work is amazing at times and he gets the puck out of his end better than anyone else on the team. Sniped on his goal and you would like to see more of that.

Blueger - huge on PK and pushed his line to a good effort.

Mikheyev - continues to skate well and showing better puck movement. HIs line was useful in this game.

Soucy - didn't see him take a step wrong in this game. Guy shows how keeping it simple can often be the most effective. Big aid to his defensive partner.

Others

Juulsen - after the pratfall had a really decent effort. Seems to fit well within the defensive system and does not try to do too much. Went to the body well as did other Canucks in this game.

Miller - not on top of his game as much he was. Did set people up not pushing the play as much. Looks to be focusing on his defensive game like most of the team.

Alwys figured that 96 points was the tresshold for making the playoffs so maybe today's makes it official. Beating all expectations the Canucks make the playoffs. And amazing everyone they might even come first in the League. Who would have thunk it???

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Russians are coming.....Podkolzin and Zadorov in full beast mode in this game. Podz is like a kamikaze on the forecheck.....can't see how you take him out of the lineup when Joshua returns. In fact I'd like to see a line of Podz, Joshua and Lindholm.

As for Zadorov...how do you not make this guy a serious contract offer? I mean the Canucks only have three d-men under contract for next season. Unless you're completely convinced there is somebody out there on the UFA market who's better, you've gotta' bring the guy back.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
The Russians are coming.....Podkolzin and Zadorov in full beast mode in this game. Podz is like a kamikaze on the forecheck.....can't see how you take him out of the lineup when Joshua returns. In fact I'd like to see a line of Podz, Joshua and Lindholm.

As for Zadorov...how do you not make this guy a serious contract offer? I mean the Canucks only have three d-men under contract for next season. Unless you're completely convinced there is somebody out there on the UFA market who's better, you've gotta' bring the guy back.

Zadorov is just entering his prime too. I'd love too keep this guy around for the next 4 or 5 years. He helps the team not get pushed around which is huge.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I will admit I was suggesting punting Garland but mostly because he played like crap last year and apparently wanted out. He is a excellent player and of the trio of expensive wingers in Garland Boeser and Beauvillier I was suggesting moving Beauvillier first.
Nice to see so many of these guys happy and playing well what a difference over the last 16 months

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Caufield is a good player

But he was LITERaLLY labeled as 40 goal scorer already. Cause of pace calculation, and weird selective stats and combining season

So 40 goal scorer that hasn’t scored 30 yet.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Caufield is a good player

But he was LITERaLLY labeled as 40 goal scorer already. Cause of pace calculation, and weird selective stats and combining season

So 40 goal scorer that hasn’t scored 30 yet.
Brock Boeser Cole Caulfield spidermanpointing.gif?(pre Brock Boeser 30th goal)

Reactions: Breakers

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Brock Boeser Cole Caulfield spidermanpointing.gif?(pre Brock Boeser 30th goal)

That’s hilarious I forgot about Nuck fans essentially doing what I’m accusing montreal fans of now.

I’m straight cut and dry,
Until you score 30, then you havent
I don’t care if a player put up 29 goals in 31 games before an injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad