Post-Game Talk: [GM7] Canucks defeat Blues | 5-0 (Hughes (2), Di Giuseppe, Miller, & Mikheyev) | Return of the PGT!

dealwithit

Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
I think this is like the good karma we’re supposed to get after almost a decade of Benning
It's like Jesse escaping at the end of Breaking Bad

1000119684.gif

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Canucks %100 played the complete team game they needed to. Very impressive actually.

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Wow, wow, wow. It kills me I'm going to make it out of October without watching a full game on time. That may have been one of the _best_ hockey games I've seen the Canucks play in 10 years. Dead ass.

I'm actually enjoying this. Man, I think I said in the summer PdG would crack the lineup...as a bottom 6'er and he's exceeded those expectations. Hats off. I kinda want to start calling him Petey G.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Welp, I've watched more than 5 games this season, thats the most in almost a decade outside of the covid bubble run lol

Same here. I think the last time I watched the first 7+ games was somewhere back in 2014 or 2015. And by like year five of Benning, I stopped watching entirely. It's nice to actually be excited to watch/listen to games again.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Yes - in other words we have been incredibly lucky.
It should be pretty obvious to everyone watching.

But Im sure as hell not going to let it stop me from enjoying this run.

I think the biggest difference is the mental make up of the team. To me still the Nashville game was the most impressive. End of a long road trip and just played a solid 60 min game to get it done, against an opponent who is likely going to be trying for one of those wildcard spots we look to get.

I know some people are tossing Horvat under the bus but I think it is Tochet. He has been a revelation for us so far.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
It should be pretty obvious to everyone watching.

But Im sure as hell not going to let it stop me from enjoying this run.

I think the biggest difference is the mental make up of the team. To me still the Nashville game was the most impressive. End of a long road trip and just played a solid 60 min game to get it done, against an opponent who is likely going to be trying for one of those wildcard spots we look to get.

I know some people are tossing Horvat under the bus but I think it is Tochet. He has been a revelation for us so far.
That sounds like a long way of saying “you earn your own luck” . which basically means you play good you get good results. Which is basically saying the Canucks are playing good. And you know what sort of teams play good? Good teams play good.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
That sounds like a long way of saying “you earn your own luck” . which basically means you play good you get good results. Which is basically saying the Canucks are playing good. And you know what sort of teams play good? Good teams play good.
If that is what you want to take away from it, all the power to you.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Surprising stat, Suter had the 2nd highest TOI amongst forwards behind Pettersson. He also lead forwards in hits (3) and was 60% on face offs.

Reactions: DFAC

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
The team definitely needs to tighten up defensively, which is tough to do given that Myers exists, but that JFresh chart shows just how good Demko has been for us. He bails the team out on so many golden opportunities for the other team. If we had an average goalie, then yeah, we'd expect the team to regress given the data. But I'm pretty convinced Demko is elite and has returned to form after a bad year.

On a wider level, yeah, the team needs to be better 5 on 5, and I think they realize that. Hopefully this is seen as a stepping stone and not a finished job.

Reactions: Jay26 and Vector

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
The team definitely needs to tighten up defensively, which is tough to do given that Myers exists, but that JFresh chart shows just how good Demko has been for us. He bails the team out on so many golden opportunities for the other team. If we had an average goalie, then yeah, we'd expect the team to regress given the data. But I'm pretty convinced Demko is elite and has returned to form after a bad year.

On a wider level, yeah, the team needs to be better 5 on 5, and I think they realize that. Hopefully this is seen as a stepping stone and not a finished job.

not singling out you or anyone in particular.

But feels weird to apologize for having a good goalie. Its like ya we woulsnt score so many goals if we didnt have Conor Mcdavid ok so what.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think that in general, i'm probably known for my overly verbose, elaborate breakdowns of things...

But with this game, my game day breakdown is more like...

There were a lot of little things i could nitpick. But they absolute wrecked the Blues. Just owned them all game long. The only things they generated were off of brief slip ups in intensity for the most part. It felt like a game from circa 2010.

Also, Hoggy and Lafferty 4Lyfe. Idk why it works, i've got inklings, but those two are so f***ing good to each other.

Hoggy was also the epitome of what they did right in this game. Late, after it was more than sealed...the guy literally forechecked his ass off, battled for the puck, tied the puck up for a while, and then skated off because he realized he had no support and the entire point of the exercise was to get "pucks in deep" and allow the rest of his line to comfortably make a line change. Which Hoggy also easily did as a result.

I was so skeptical of Ricky. But he's got them buying in wholesale right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad