Post-Game Talk: [GM7] Canucks defeat Blues | 5-0 (Hughes (2), Di Giuseppe, Miller, & Mikheyev) | Return of the PGT!

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
I saw a ton of sticks in lanes and excellent anticipation from the Canucks in all zones. Ian Cole made a play that @Vector mentioned where he darted into the slot in the d-zone to intercept what was going to be a classic Myers giveaway. I can't remember exactly what happened and I wish I could re-watch it. I just remember thinking that Cole absolutely knew Myers was about to make a bozo play and expertly neutralized the threat. It was seriously impressive and also hillarious.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I am soooo looking forward to the Rangers game. Every game played so far has been a different test, and this one with the Rangers is our 1st back to back game.

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I saw a ton of sticks in lanes and excellent anticipation from the Canucks in all zones. Ian Cole made a play that @Vector mentioned where he darted into the slot in the d-zone to intercept what was going to be a classic Myers giveaway. I can't remember exactly what happened and I wish I could re-watch it. I just remember thinking that Cole absolutely knew Myers was about to make a bozo play and expertly neutralized the threat. It was seriously impressive and also hillarious.

Myers was in the corner and lost an easily winnable puck battle to Kapanen. Kapanen made a pass to the slot to a streaking Blue but Cole was already darting to the front of the net and just picked off the pass like it was intended for him.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
East coasters are gonna lose their damn mind over this
“He hasn’t changed since he entered the league”

IMG_8703.jpeg

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Here's the thing....
if you didnt know Cole was Cole... like, he had no name on the back of his jersey, and you never saw his face so you didnt know who he was from like his skating style (as in you never watched tampa / colorado games from prior years etc).
but you see his stat line (6 hits, 15 blocks, +3 yet only 1 assist, 51% corsi rating) , and you watched every shift he played this year so far...and someone said to you, "okay who is that? what is he as a Dman ranking and what do you think he makes per year."
i bet you, everyone on here would be like
"SOLID second pairing No.4 guy, defensive guy, kind of fiesty... Probably making $4 million if it was a 1 year deal".

he's definitely playing better than expected imo. i hope this is what we get all year

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Here's the thing....
if you didnt know Cole was Cole... like, he had no name on the back of his jersey, and you never saw his face so you didnt know who he was from like his skating style (as in you never watched tampa / colorado games from prior years etc).
but you see his stat line (6 hits, 15 blocks, +3 yet only 1 assist, 51% corsi rating) , and you watched every shift he played this year so far...and someone said to you, "okay who is that? what is he as a Dman ranking and what do you think he makes per year."
i bet you, everyone on here would be like
"SOLID second pairing No.4 guy, defensive guy, kind of fiesty... Probably making $4 million if it was a 1 year deal".

he's definitely playing better than expected imo. i hope this is what we get all year
That's an awfully specific description for a bunch of people to share.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
34 year old Tanev? On how long of a contract. Better off looking for a 27 year old Tanev.
People thinking Tanev wouldn't age well is what got us into this mess. Never bet against brains and skating. He should retire here, and we can all forget that he ever wore that abomination of a jersey.

Plus we already drafted the next one..

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
People thinking Tanev wouldn't age well is what got us into this mess. Never bet against brains and skating. He should retire here, and we can all forget that he ever wore that abomination of a jersey.

I will take the Macedonian Grease God back and I will imagine what it will look like when Hughes passes the cup to him (I don’t support AI art scraping pls don’t make it)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad