Post-Game Talk: [GM40] Canucks defeat Rangers | 6-3 ( Pettersson(2), Hoglander(2), Miller, & Boeser) | Took A Bite Out of the Big Apple

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Canucks have poor PDO because they dont fire pucks blindly from the halfwall.
Watch teams like Carolina, Edmonton etc, they fire pucks from everywhere. Lots of shots but not many of those are going in against a top goalie. This is why they fail in the playoffs.
Vancouver pushes it in deep, the corner and behind net and try to create offense that way OR by triangle give and goes, or a player makes a deke to create panic in the defenders.
Here's the thing though, if they dont retreive the puck, it goes back the other way and no shot is registered.
They pass it a lot in the O zone (too much maybe, frustrating to watch) but they have high end forwards that capitalize. So while htey dont pepper the shot clock, the shots they do take are usually a result of beating a Dman out of the corner or that third pass in the ozone which makes the few shots they actually take be shots that are high chance of scoring.

but...but lets just let the haters think "PDO" hahahaah

I think if you took that stat and calibrated it with quality of shot, they'd still be "slightly" higher which would indicate over-achievement... but like. maybe they'd be back 5 or 6 points in the standings from where they are. Not 15 points where the PDO boo birds are claiming lol

and just to be clear. if van had 5 less points tham they do now, i think fans would still b very stoked!!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Issue with the 3rd goal on Demko is that he goes down blindly on a shot where the guy is being forced to the corner. It's not like Trochek is inside the faceoff dot and it's a block. If he just keeps his feet he at least gives himself a chance. Yes, it was a very well placed shot but his save selection is suspect and has been suspect for about 5-6 games.

While i appreciate the extremely detailed goaltending analysis, is there not a point at which you just let the goalie play goal?

The way it is so systematized now just makes me think i'd hate getting back into it.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Well we just beat an elite team on national television. Should shut the haters up.

They're doubling down, lol.

E: And I cannot get over how certain segments of the hockey fandom are seething over the Canucks having 'lucky' goaltending. Maybe if you bozos put a modicum of focus on getting a real goalie you too could have 'lucky' goaltending.

In this house, Demko is Yahweh.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Would love to somehow end up in a first round match with the Coyotes. Tocchet redemption tour can start in AZ

Right now we're poised to play the Oilers unless LA continues to fall off. On the one hand, it worries me because much as I'm loathe to admit it, they're actually good when McDavid and Draisaitl are carrying them. On the other hand, god damn would it be so amazingly satisfying to oust the Oilers in the first round.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The Myers conundrum is that if he plays well enough to be tradeable, he becomes much less likely to be traded.
I think coaching staff feels good about Juulsen. I imagine they want to trade Myers with not too much retention and flip that asset for a longer term asset

I suspect the organization has a far different opinion of Myers than the fanbase.
Doubt that. I think they will trade Myers the moment someone makes a good offer.

Reactions: Indiana

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Doubt that. I think they will trade Myers the moment someone makes a good offer.

I don't think so, in fact, I think they'll sign him short-term and let Zadorov walk for cost efficiency.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Sportsnet please...
1704771722970.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad