Post-Game Talk: [GM40] Canucks defeat Rangers | 6-3 ( Pettersson(2), Hoglander(2), Miller, & Boeser) | Took A Bite Out of the Big Apple

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Issue with the 3rd goal on Demko is that he goes down blindly on a shot where the guy is being forced to the corner. It's not like Trochek is inside the faceoff dot and it's a block. If he just keeps his feet he at least gives himself a chance. Yes, it was a very well placed shot but his save selection is suspect and has been suspect for about 5-6 games.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
So EP racking up pts with good linenates. Imagine all yr with good line mates. He prob would still be top 5 in scoring. Lotto line is great but its still one line team in the playoffs.

Allvin time to get more legit top 6 players.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Suffice it to say Pettersson's lackluster scoring wasn't so much his problem but the crap he's been playing with. :laugh:
Pretty amazing how much that appears to have been the case.

Despite the Mikheyev/Kuzmenko line getting more ice time, Hoglander/Lafferty's line looks so much more like the third line, despite the former's advantage of having Suter, who's far superior to Aman.

I actually feel really bad for Suter, and wish we could afford to have him between Hoglander/Lafferty instead.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
So EP racking up pts with good linenates. Imagine all yr with good line mates. He prob would still be top 5 in scoring. Lotto line is great but its still one line team in the playoffs.

Allvin time to get more legit top 6 players.
Yeah, even though we lead the league in scoring - and by a fair margin over most other teams - balance suggests we need another top 6 guy.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
Scary and exciting part is we still are going to get even more skilled, better defensively, and harder to play against once Willander/Lekkerimaki/Pettersson/Podkolzin/Raty are up on the team within 1-2 years. This is only the beginning.

Get EP40 signed long term ASAP.

What a time to be alive.
Not to be a kill joy but 1 or 2 of those players will make the NHL full time and maybe 1 will be a difference maker and hopefully they will do it for the Canucks. That's just the nature of prospects. I remember thinking about Hodgson as the next great center after Henrik back in the day. Or any number of other players that were drafted high or showed well at the WJC.

Anyway, awesome win. Great job. I wonder if people will say we just beat up on a bad goalie because they only had a .8 save percentage and Demko had a .928.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Well we just beat an elite team on national television. Should shut the haters up.

Tagging on to the Travel thing from the GDT, flights into Vancouver are long...but at least they don't have a stupid curfew like San Jose Sharks. That's a weird advantage built in that messes up most road teams schedules.

I don't think there are an issues where charters can only land at Abbyford? I think it's more...the other way around. But that would be a funny thing to do.

But yeah...with Seattle in division and Vegas in the same timezone, it's alleviated some of the Canucks travel struggles. Though they're still one of the Top-3.

Also, i don't know if you've ever been to Edmonton International Airport before...but it's practically a quarter of the way to Calgary. It's in an entirely different city. It's a f***in' mess. It'd be like if Abbottsford was the only Vancouver airport. lol

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
I think PDO is the only stat where apparently it's bad to be leading it.

You #1 in GF, you're a good team. You #1 in SV%, that's good. Any other stat -- shots, HD chances, PP, SH, +/-, etc... if you're leading any of them, you're a good team. They're all good.

But you #1 in PDO... ohhhhh that's bad. It means you're not a good team. You don't want a high PDO.

But good teams can't be good teams without a high PDO. It's literally baked into the stat, it's self-referential, like a tautology. If you win a lot, your PDO will go up. It's almost impossible for it not to.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
f***ing awesome game! Rangers are a great team but damn it felt good to go into their barn and just kick some ass.

Something something buttman stripes f***ing zebras. Officiating has been awful towards us lately, what do we have to do to buy a PP?????

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I'm just coming out of a doozy of a flu, had a brutal weekend but those back to back Petey-Hog goals actually made me yell.. Then immediately yelp because my throat feels like razors.

This was a big test game, and what a performance.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think PDO is the only stat where apparently it's bad to be leading it.

You #1 in GF, you're a good team. You #1 in SV%, that's good. Any other stat -- shots, HD chances, PP, SH, +/-, etc... if you're leading any of them, you're a good team. They're all good.

But you #1 in PDO... ohhhhh that's bad. It means you're not a good team. You don't want a high PDO.

But good teams can't be good teams without a high PDO. It's literally baked into the stat, it's self-referential, like a tautology. If you win a lot, your PDO will go up. It's almost impossible for it not to.

It is a tautalogy in a sense. And now i've got a f***in' patter song stuck in my head. But anyway, i can see where the concern is. This Canucks team is rolling while playing anti-analytics hockey. They're saying, "just play good and you'll get a 'stick" and i f***ing love it. It's unreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad