Post-Game Talk: [GM4] Canucks lose to Lightning | 3-4 (Boeser, Myers, & Miller | .500 Hockey Club

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
What happened? I (luckily) missed the game yesterday. From reading the reviews from MS and Orcatown, sounded like EP was really bad yesterday.
I watched some of the Oiler game after, McD looked really off.

Let' start some panic, EP not in practice due to possible trade :D:eek3:

Reactions: geebaan

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
From what I saw of the Philly game, the Canucks didnt have their skating legs...It was a collective loss..Singling out two or three players isnt why they lost the game.

The Flyers were skating circles around the Canucks from the opening whistle..I'm at a loss as to why the team didnt have the energy..It could have been the hard practice the day before..?, but i'm not convinced....Would Tocchet tearing a strip off the team make a difference.?....I'm not convinced.
I think it was just one of those weeks, if they show similar effort and hopelessness next game , then I think it’s safe to say things will turn depressing real fast in Vancouver

Reactions: theguardianII

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think it was just one of those weeks, if they show similar effort and hopelessness next game , then I think it’s safe to say things will turn depressing real fast in Vancouver
Agreed, next game will reveal a lot about the teams character.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Myers needs to be launched from a cannon into false creek
It's ALL HIS FAULT!!!!! He should have scored more!!!!!! AND stopped both goals. AND didn't better forechecking AND at least some back checking AND better positional playing in all 5 positions at once.
Let's replace him with another pygmy!!!!!!

Already with the smallest defence, (hmmm, maybe a reason for bad defence?) let's make it smaller and softer!!!!!!!

Or better yet, let's sign some more Penquins that couldn't make that team!!!!!!

Each game has been worse than the one before. Sooner or later there will be no where to go but up.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

The Canucks historically have done poorly in the first game(s) of eastern road trips. Probably (partially) due to the time zone change and earlier start times.

Reactions: sting101

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
The Canucks historically have done poorly in the first game(s) of eastern road trips. Probably (partially) due to the time zone change and earlier start times.
I hope you’re right, but intuition tells me you’re wrong. /s

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I hope you’re right, but intuition tells me you’re wrong. /s

The other part is that the team has been so bad for the last decade. I seem to recall though that even when we were good it took awhile for the team to get their legs on the eastern swing.

Hoping that's just the case with this year's group.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
It's ALL HIS FAULT!!!!! He should have scored more!!!!!! AND stopped both goals. AND didn't better forechecking AND at least some back checking AND better positional playing in all 5 positions at once.
Let's replace him with another pygmy!!!!!!

Already with the smallest defence, (hmmm, maybe a reason for bad defence?) let's make it smaller and softer!!!!!!!

Or better yet, let's sign some more Penquins that couldn't make that team!!!!!!

Each game has been worse than the one before. Sooner or later there will be no where to go but up.
Myers is playing hockey that makes me miss Gudbranson and Sbisa. Some of the most pathetic showings Ive seen from a Canucks defenseman

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Myers is playing hockey that makes me miss Gudbranson and Sbisa. Some of the most pathetic showings Ive seen from a Canucks defenseman
That’s because at least Gudbranson and especially Sbisa played tough. Myers doesn’t even do that which is facepalm , really

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
That’s because at least Gudbranson and especially Sbisa played tough. Myers doesn’t even do that which is facepalm , really
8 years later and the same problems. Maybe a total rebuild would have other players? Maybe good drafting in the top ten could have helped? Maybe some intelligent use of the cap and team's financial resources could have helped? Maybe the 7 first round picks either jettisoned or traded away just might have helped?

Got rid of OEL and Schmidt and what has changed?

Been in a black hole since Edler and Tanev were let go for nothing.

Last edited:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
8 years later and the same problems. Maybe a totl rebuild would have other players? Maybe good drafting in the top ten could have helped? Maybe some intelligent use of the cap and team's financial recourses could have helped? Maybe the 7 first round picks either jettisoned or traded away just might have helped?

Got rid of OEL and Schmidt and what has changed?

Been in a black hole since Edler and Tanev were let go for nothing.
Agree with you completely. They need to get another defender in here fast before the season is history.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Wonder how long the lefty/righty stubbornness will continue, they haven't even tried Hughes-Cole/Soucy in game outside of a few practices and declared that it's not going to work. The acquisition of Friedman and the demotion of Hirose shows there going to continue with these same bum pairings.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Honestly, I just want to see a game where the team comes out and plays a complete game. Limit high scoring chances against, generate meaningful offense while playing smart and sound hockey.

Lose a tight 4-2 or 3-2 game where shots and possession numbers are equal? No biggie.

Now, if they come out and fail to respond after yesterdays effort -where they get horribly outshot while bleeding high scoring chances against...Then yeah, f*** this team and the core group. Would probably be a harbinger of a mediocre season ahead.
Yeah pretty much.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Judging from the reports (and icetime in the 3rd of the Philly game) it appears that Myers, Kuz, Beauvillier and PDG (yes..PDG) caught the ire of coach Tocchet for guys who didnt bring it.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Tocchet certainly isn't one to juggle on a dime, sticking with his line-up. Mikheyev being eased in on the fourth line with Lafferty and Hoglander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad