Post-Game Talk: [GM4] Canucks lose to Lightning | 3-4 (Boeser, Myers, & Miller | .500 Hockey Club

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
The team needs to take a serious look at its lack of generation of offensive opportunities. We won’t always play weak goaltending like the Oilers have.

Garland, Beauvillier, Suter and Joshua are all passengers right now

When 33 percent of your towards are ineffective, you will have a problem scoring

Add in 2 putrid defenders in Myers and Juulsen and we are in some serious trouble

they really need a top line forward. particularly if kuzmenko is going to suffer a sophomore slump

boeser, pdg, mikheyev and kuzmenko isn't a good enough top 6 if you want to pretend to be a serious team

Reactions: VanillaCoke

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just don't know how you can keep Cole/Myers together right now or how much longer it can last. I know Myers takes all the heat (and deserves 90% of it) but Cole hasn't been great the last two games either. Worth trying something different, at least.. if not now then by the weekend if their play continues.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I just don't know how you can keep Cole/Myers together right now or how much longer it can last. I know Myers takes all the heat (and deserves 90% of it) but Cole hasn't been great the last two games either. Worth trying something different, at least.. if not now then by the weekend if their play continues.

I mean, do you really want to play him with Hughes or Soucy creating a legit match-up nightmare? They're in tough and don't have a lot of options. Cole is probably the best baby-sitting option.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
they really need a top line forward. particularly if kuzmenko is going to suffer a sophomore slump

boeser, pdg, mikheyev and kuzmenko isn't a good enough top 6 if you want to pretend to be a serious team
Atleast one top 6 winger, preferably a top liner, and atleast one top four dman, preferably a top pairing one. Not easy but those are the holes that need to be addressed to be a serious team.

Sonny A

Feb 6, 2023
Honestly, I just want to see a game where the team comes out and plays a complete game. Limit high scoring chances against, generate meaningful offense while playing smart and sound hockey.

Lose a tight 4-2 or 3-2 game where shots and possession numbers are equal? No biggie.

Now, if they come out and fail to respond after yesterdays effort -where they get horribly outshot while bleeding high scoring chances against...Then yeah, f*** this team and the core group. Would probably be a harbinger of a mediocre season ahead.
Absolutely agree. I am attending this one with my family and all I'm hoping for after yesterday's debacle is an honest effort.

Would hate to witness in person what I saw last night on my t.v. Just give it an honest effort and for the love of God start your first line on the opening face off.

Also press box Myers but since that's not going to happen at least limit his toi.

Reactions: Indiana

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
From what I saw of the Philly game, the Canucks didnt have their skating legs...It was a collective loss..Singling out two or three players isnt why they lost the game.

The Flyers were skating circles around the Canucks from the opening whistle..I'm at a loss as to why the team didnt have the energy..It could have been the hard practice the day before..?, but i'm not convinced....Would Tocchet tearing a strip off the team make a difference.?....I'm not convinced.

Reactions: Jay26

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I think these next two games will tell us a lot about how the rest of the year is gonna go. We should be able to beat both the Lightning and Panthers and should be highly motivated to do so after that last no-show.

Reactions: Sonny A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad