GDT: GM2: Caps vs Rags - after 7pm EST

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Sorta frustrating game, the shorty killed us
On the scoresheet, easy to say that. Most of the time I would 100% agree. The officiating was the real difference in this game. What Panarin got away with, called correctly that is a 5 min major and game misconduct! He would be out of the game and Rangers would have had to kill a penalty for 5 mins with the Caps having the full 5 mins to score a goal.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
One of the most inconsistent calls by the DoPs is the hit to the head. It clearly was a hit to the head because Oshie was pulled by the concussion spotter.

I’m sure you could dig up plenty of similar hits where the should is tucked, but the head is the principle point of contact. That was a bad hit and it’s laughable that the Rangers fans are defending that.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Willy or Big Mac - sorry Little Mac - need to understand the circumstances and change the psychological momentum of the series at some point. I’d even put Dowder in the mix who’s been having a growing problem with Trocheck.

Hit them hard, but clean - fight them, kick their ass, and set the f***ing tone. These cucks think they’re more physically intimidating than us and it’s just not the f***ing case!

Reactions: troyerlaw

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't know about you all but I still like our chances in this series! Rangers held serve in their building with a lot of help from the officiating. The silver lining is this is the best the Rangers could do to us against an inexperienced lineup and two key d-men missing.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I don't know about you all but I still like our chances in this series! Rangers held serve in their building with a lot of help from the officiating. The silver lining is this is the best the Rangers could do to us against an inexperienced lineup and two key d-men missing.
I’m not that optimistic. But I like our chances for game 3.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia

you never say never, win game 3 and who knows

but I don't share your optimism

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Caps put up a strong fight and the kids led the charge which was great to see. Protas and McMichael were awesome and seem to be getting more comfortable in the series. I want to see Lapierre with more ice time in the next one, because I think he is ready to break out. Something needs to be changed on the fourth line, maybe injecting Miro or Sgarbossa, but they are not getting the job done. Carlson and Fever also had very strong games.

Our half AHL defense is doing their best, but if we don't get Jensen and Sandin back, I don't think we have much of a chance of coming back in this series. Lindgren has played ok, but he doesn't look nearly as dominant as he did in the regular season.

I would be remiss if I didn't talk about the officiating. I have watched every single game this playoffs and our series has, by far, the worst officiating in the playoffs. They have called every ticky tack little penalty they possibly could, while simultaneously missing the egregious ones. The non-call on the Panarin headshot is absolutely mind-boggling. The refs have suffucated the life out of this series with all the power plays and unfortunately that does not favor us. The more 5on5 hockey we play, the better our chances.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
missed the 3rd period. all i saw on espn tracker was us killing PP after PP. Seems like game mgmt by the league.

Oshie...dawg, if you are concussed again...from one over concussed athlete to another please stop playing. I've had way too many concussions in my life. The affects vs the rewards are not worth it.

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
Listen, the Capitals are obviously way worse than the Rangers, but I’m not seeing this big bad team that’s supposed to be a major cup contender out of the Rags. Relying fully on special teams isn’t going to carry you as far against Carolina who is way more stingy.
Agreed. I take solace in the fact that the Rangers aren't winning a f***ing thing this year. They will get crushed by Fla, Tampa, Boston, Carolina, and maybe even Toronto. Let alone the west. As the playoffs progress and the refs swallow their whistles, they are gonna get run at even strength.

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
It’s been very frustrating to watch our guys get taken out on cheap hits and getting absolutely nothing from it

Frederic on Malenstyn, Eyssimont on Jensen, Panarin on Oshie.

Our guys get called for those hits almost always. I don’t know what hits are legal
Wilson gets suspended for all those hits. I have no clue what a legal check is anymore, let alone goalie interference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad