Post-Game Talk: [GM18] Canucks lose 4-3 to the Kracken

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Eh, I actually thought that was a pretty even game and a couple mistakes (including one terrible, uncharacteristic one by Hughes) and an extremely flukey goal won the game for Seattle.

Seattle blocked an absolute shit ton of shots. That looked like how they beat Colorado last year.

Having a Juulsen pairing and a Hirose pairing is a huge problem. Something has to be done to find a competent defender.

Kuzmenko probably shouldn't have played.

Guys look tired. Boeser had a really rough game defensively and Hughes hasn't looked nearly as good the past few games. Pettersson is obviously hurt - the guy is in love with his shot normally but is refusing to shoot right now.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Agree. I said the same thing earlier in the game. It's clear they're tired and need tuning with their play. Still not worried and I think that will help immensely
Yeah I think this is a good wakeup call, if they can't play a team game they can't make up for their lack of depth on defence.

Better to have these issues now, and after they let their heads get a bit too big.

Still lots of work to do to implement the Tocchet plan.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Oleksiak was like another goalie out there. Canucks couldn't get pucks through and he seemed like he was a big part of that

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
They couldn't break out the way they usually do and it was frustrating to watch. Seattle played a good defensive game.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
true, he shouldnt be in the NHL. its sad that the gm and coaching staff think deferent
If Rick plays him over Friedman next game, we have a problem

Eh, I actually thought that was a pretty even game and a couple mistakes (including one terrible, uncharacteristic one by Hughes) and an extremely flukey goal won the game for Seattle.

Seattle blocked an absolute shit ton of shots. That looked like how they beat Colorado last year.

Having a Juulsen pairing and a Hirose pairing is a huge problem. Something has to be done to find a competent defender.

Guys look tired. Boeser had a really rough game defensively and Hughes hasn't looked nearly as good the past few games. Pettersson is obviously hurt - the guy is in love with his shot normally but is refusing to shoot right now.
And when he shoots, he took forever to release. Almost like he’s trying to not hurt himself further. They should shit him against SJ if Suter is available

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Canucks need a good 3/4 days off. Unfortunately the schedule makers made a very condensed schedule and there will be plenty of sloppy games until Xmas break. Canucks just need to beat up on bottom feeders and try to go .500 in the other games until the schedule levels off.

Reactions: mossey3535

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

With the choice of playing Juulsen or not, I seriously wonder if just putting out there 4 forwards wouldn't be a better solution.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
If Rick plays him over Friedman next game, we have a problem

And when he shoots, he took forever to release. Almost like he’s trying to not hurt himself further. They should shit him against SJ if Suter is available

Should we be worried your phone autocorrects "sit" to"shit"?

giphy.gif

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Canucks need better depth in bottom 6 and defense. Blueger not a threat in offense.
Wheres pod. He cant be worse than garland or beau who cant score

Soucy goes down and dcorps look bad. Imagine if hughes or hronek misses games.

Time for allvin to do his thing

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks need a good 3/4 days off. Unfortunately the schedule makers made a very condensed schedule and there will be plenty of sloppy games until Xmas break. Canucks just need to beat up on bottom feeders and try to go .500 in the other games until the schedule levels off.
It's a double-edged sword tbh. The Canucks' schedule going into March and April is spaced out with plenty of rest. If the Canucks make the playoffs, they won't be going through an intense grind leading up to them.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I don't know what people expect out of Hirose, he's barely played 20 pro games, and is paired with one of the dumber hockey players out there.

It must have been twice I saw Myers pass the puck up the canucks bench, when we were going for a change - like he was baiting the refs to call a penalty against us.

There was a play he skated pass the blue line and passed to a ghost, there was literally no one there.

He might have had a few good games when his minutes are decreased - think his days in Winnipeg playing behind Big Buff and Trouba. But the second you ask Myers to play top 4, your asking for trouble. And you are paying him 6 mil.

To me, 2 key reasons that allowed for the hot start is Boeser's complete turnaround. and the Hughes/Hronek pairing.

I feel Boeser's play has slipped the past few games, and Miller is back to being on an island by himself.

And while Hughes/Hronek has looked great, personally I see that pairing having trouble with a more aggressive forecheck and physical teams, and we know how down the stretch calls are harder to come by -especially in the playoffs.

It all comes back to the idea, that you need 2 good scoring lines and a good top 4. Even when Soucy was healthly, we basically relied on 3 dman, Hughes, Hronek, Cole, and had Soucy to babysit Myers..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad