Post-Game Talk: [GM10] Canucks defeated Sharks | 10-1 (Everyone) | Avoided the Trap

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
They won 10-1, but they further inflated their PDO and the xGF% went down at the end of the game by letting up so many shots...so did we actually win?

In all seriousness, an absolute shit kicking. Not even worth analyzing in detail, that looked like a team the early 2000s Blue Jackets + Thrashers would be able to massacre. They were due for a come down after being either a contender or close to it for 15 straight years, but boy oh boy do they look like one of the worst teams in league history at the moment.

Good on the boys for still putting in the effort & keeping up good habbits through the first half of the game. Next game against Dallas should be a good measuring stick moment.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Anyone who agrees with not challenging does not get the game

Your loyalty is to your goalie, not the other team. Its about sticking together as a team

If its the 2nd goal of a 10-2 game then yes who cares but this was for Demko’s shutout in front of his family

Lol. Demko wants a good win, not this embarrassing gong show. This was basically an NHL team vs an AHL team or grown men vs pre-pubescent boys. I don't think Demko gives a shit about a shutout.

I do wonder if guys like Hertl will want out though. Shocking how bad SJ is.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Anyone who agrees with not challenging does not get the game

Your loyalty is to your goalie, not the other team. Its about sticking together as a team

If its the 2nd goal of a 10-2 game then yes who cares but this was for Demko’s shutout in front of his family
??? "Get the game"?

Pretty sure Demko is more concerned with getting the W and getting the game over with at that point. Demmer got the dub and played a great game. He knows that, the team knows that. Take the points and move on at that point.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
So difficult...

Boeser (2), Miller, Hughes, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Lafferty, Suter, & Beauvillier(2).

Hughes - 1-4-5
Boeser - 2-1-3
Miller - 1-2-3
Pettersson - 0-3-3
Beauvillier - 2-0-2
Kuzmenko - 1-1-2
Lafferty- - 1-1-2
Soucy - 0-2-2
Hronek - 0-2-2
Mikheyev - 1-0-1
Suter - 1-0-1
Mikheyev - 1-0-1
Garland - 0 -1-1
Friedman- 0-1-1
Great job Myers

• Haha
Reactions: alternate

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Continuing to beat them into a pulp risks what almost happened to Hronek in the 3rd period there.

And especially a coaches challenge in a 10-1 game.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
For those saying Tocchet should've had Demko's back and that Demko would get angry he didn't get the shutout - Demko was smiling while skating towards him at the end there. Saw Tocchet cover his mouth and say something to him too that he clearly didn't want picked up.
Tocchet said “don’t mention a challenge if you know what’s good for you”.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I mean to be fair… it was 10-0
I don't care. Goalies have been the backbone of this team... Luongo, Schneider, Marky, now Demko. And the team just consistently robs them of shutouts. Even in the salad days around 2011. Marky literally got more shutouts in one season than he had his entire career in Vancouver. It's just infuriating.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I think it's perfectly reasonable for Demko to want to have a shutout in his home state in front of his family.

The skaters got to pad his stats, why not him?

I don't think this is a big deal at all, but for the purposes of the discussion, I do think the team let him down.

I think if Tocchet heard from upstairs that the Canucks had a legit claim at challenging, he would have done it.

If he says postgame that he chose not to do it because of mercy, then I disagree with that decision.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
I don't care. Goalies have been the backbone of this team... Luongo, Schneider, Marky, now Demko. And the team just consistently robs them of shutouts. Even in the salad days around 2011. Marky literally got more shutouts in one season than he had his entire career in Vancouver. It's just infuriating.

That goal shouldn’t have even counted, but Tocchet chose to not humiliate them further. Chill out lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad