GM Game #1 by Wolfy, RR, and IR

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:pens

Already started a couple good talks. busy week at work but I'll be around. Here's a more detailed block :-p

LOOKING FOR
Top 6 winger for Sid
Size and speed in the bottom 6

On the block:

Dupuis/Sutter/Spaling- can be moved with something for an upgrade, 1 can be moved for futures or a young KHMer to create a little cap relief
Adams- cheap 4th liner
Scuderi- serviceable but overpaid 5/6D, acquire him now for pennies on the dollar
Fleury- he's turned the corner last playoffs, but he's also a UFA. Looking for either an upgrade or a similar 1/1A with a better cap number
2015 1st (pick 30? ;-)), 2015 2nd, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd- couple of these can be moved to make the team better now
Prospects- can be moved to make the team better now...but bare in mind I have almost no cap space, so it will probably have to include an NHLer or two or training some cap

Prospect-wise anyone can be discussed except Kapenen. Maatta will take a LOT to pry away, and I'd rather keep Pouliot...but you gotta give to get so I'm open to it. (Bennett isn't really a "prospect" as he's in my Top 6. I'd open to moving him but it would have to be a hockey trade for an upgrade and not a "prospect move" for a UFA)

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:bolts:

Would like to add some size and grit to my top 6 and are willing to move Ondrej Palat, Tyler Johnson, Alex Killorn, Nikita Kucherov and Brett Connolly among others to accomplish this. Not looking for a player with a huge contract or on the back end of his career but rather someone that fits in with the age group of our core(23-28 years old). Let me know what you've got if you're interested.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:isles

Looking for a top 4 defenseman. Josh Bailey, Michael Grabner, Thomas Hickey are the roster guys who are certainly available. Several prospects and picks are also available, listed in the roster thread. Open to many ideas.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs UPDATE

ON THE TRADE BLOCK (looking for futures) :
David Desharnais
Rene Bourque (modified NTC)
Travis Moen (mid pick will get it done)
Peter Budaj or Dustin Tokarski (Budaj will come very cheap)
Magnus Nygren (NHL ready RHD)

COULD BE AVAILABLE FOR A TOP LINE RW :
Our 2015 1st round pick and other picks
Prospects (except Nikita Scherbak and Jacob De La Rose)

COULD BE AVAILABLE :
Tomas Plekanec (Modified NTC)
Alexei Emelin (NTC)
Lars Eller
Brandon Prust
Mike Weaver

UNLIKELY TO BE TRADED BUT LISTENING :
Max Pacioretty
Andrei Markov (NTC)
P-A Parenteau
Jiri Sekac
Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Tom Gilbert
Manny Malhotra
Dale Weise
Michael Bournival

UNTOUCHABLES :
Carey Price
PK Subban
Alex Galchenyuk
Brendan Gallagher

PM!

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:jets

Evander Kane - have two solid offers on him, could be gone soon. Either a similarly aged player or a package including a 2015 first must be coming my way.
Blake Wheeler - Have received some interest, more than willing to hold onto him.
Dustin Byfuglien, and pretty much everyone other than Trouba, Scheifele, Ehlers, Ladd and Bogo are available.

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:flyers

Would like to move Lecavalier, Streit, Umberger, MacDonald, L. Schenn, Grossman and Schultz.

Looking to acquire a top 6 winger and re-vamp my blueline. Pretty open to any trade scenarios though.

Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, B. Schenn, Read and Couturier not available.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks looking to move Leddy for a similar age defender who is stronger in own end

With Keith and lesser extent Seabrook (+ Rundblad on roster) the Hawks feel they can sacrifice some offensive potential from blueline for a defender capable of PK/shut down roles

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs MARKOV IS THE NEW CAPTAIN

The Montreal Canadiens have named veteran defenseman Andrei Markov as the new captain of the franchise. PK Subban and Max Pacioretty will be the assistants captain.

"It was important for us to put an end to the speculation to avoid a media circus that could have been a distraction to our team. Andrei was drafted by the organization and is an important part of our core since several years. He can lead by example considering the experience he had since the beginning of the career. Being a longshot to play in the NHL when drafted, he then became one of the best defenseman in the NHL. He had some major injuries but was able to come back at a high level of play, mainly because of his passion for the game and unique hockey sense. PK and Max will have a major leadership role on the team but we feel that it was the best for the team and them to go with a veteran as the new captain. Of course, we have other leaders on the team and the fact that they won't have a letter on their jersey will not change anything to this. We are happy to have so much leadership on our team."

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
What are we doing about the guys who haven't signed yet? Are they considered out for the season, or can we pester the Ufa agent for them ;-)

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:jets

Kane has likely been dealt.

Buff and Wheeler have received a lot of interest, but nothing is imminent. The teams who lost out on Kane may want to consider Buff or Wheeler.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:jets :avs

100713_oreily.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets have acquired versatile forward Ryan O'Reilly from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for speedy winger Evander Kane and recent third rounder Jack Glover.

Jets GM Joel Ward had this to say; "We would like to thank Evander for his time with the franchise, but ultimately we decided that it was best for both parties to go our separate ways. Ryan is one of my favorite players in the league. He plays an incredible two way, abrasive game, and is underrated offensively. O'Reilly will give us a player who is capable of matching up against the top forwards in the west."​

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal

The Winnipeg Jets have acquired versatile forward Ryan O'Reilly from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for speedy winger Evander Kane and recent third rounder Jack Glover.

Jets GM Joel Ward had this to say; "We would like to thank Evander for his time with the franchise, but ultimately we decided that it was best for both parties to go our separate ways. Ryan is one of my favorite players in the league. He plays an incredible two way, abrasive game, and is underrated offensively. O'Reilly will give us a player who is capable of matching up against the top forwards in the west."​

:avs Confirms

''First we want to thank Ryan for his years of services and wish him the best in Winnipeg.

Trading Ryan was a tough decision to make but with how contract negociation have went, we decided to move foward if a good deal was possible.

We are very happy to acquire Evander Kane. He still has alot of potential and with our young talent already in place and good veteran presence like Iginla, we think he can reach his full potential and become a top player.''

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Great trade for the Jets, potential good trade for the Avs too.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Blowin' er up. Not entirely sure that big name players will be moved prior to the off-season, but we are shopping the Sedins, Edler, Bieksa, Burrows, one of Lack/Markstrom, Jannik Hansen, among others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad