GDT: GM#68 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @1:00pm

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Adorable, but I've said a million times he has no business being up on the first pairing, as well. Really cool of you to take a cheap shot while I'm away, though. All class man.

Also your tirades about Quick are completely meaningless since you rail on him even when he's good.

That's a lie! I was right there with you.

Only thing dumber than me spending money on this game is how much more money I'm spending on booze after!

To be honest you're the only one defending him and it would be cheap if I didn't say your name. I wasnt attacking you tbh. And he doesn't belong where he's at you're right

And that's not true, go through my history when he does good I say it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kings were still in rebuild mode at the time. It's a classic case of drafting for need at the time instead of the best available player and why in almost all circumstances it's a poor road to go down.

Kings weren't the only team that passed. There was also a lot of question about his status in Russia and why he fell so far. He's have been top 5 if they knew what they knew now. Dallas chose Jack Campbell over him, Rangers chose Dylan Mcllrath who played a whooping 43 nhl games btw.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Amazing how one play changed the game around when it was 2-1. The Kings came within inches of tying it, then Muzzin turns it over and it 3-1 and in just fell apart from there. Doughty didn't have to pass it too him either, he had Kopitar in the middle and if he goes up the board with a simple bank pass its out.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I had the displeasure of buying tickets to and attending todays game. The 2 most exciting things that happened were the dog races after the 1st and an ice girl or whatever you call them running down the stairs to give a fan a prize and the cameraman zoomed in to show some bouncy stuff happening. I was sitting right next to the cameraman and they were all smiling.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I had the displeasure of buying tickets to and attending todays game. The 2 most exciting things that happened were the dog races after the 1st and an ice girl or whatever you call them running down the stairs to give a fan a prize and the cameraman zoomed in to show some bouncy stuff happening. I was sitting right next to the cameraman and they were all smiling.

At least you got that. Us watching at home weren’t as fortunate.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
When you look at the home records, out of all the teams in playoff position, the Kings are the only team who aren't at least 10 games over .500. This is just killing us in the standings.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Our last two losses just happened to be our worst two losses of the season? And they were only played a week apart from each other? Not a good sign.....

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Wild Wing was at the game, not sure who was in charge of that decision in the marketing department but if you're looking for somebody to blame maybe it's the guy in the costume?

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
Lets hope so because that brain trust won 2 Stanley Cups in LA. The other brain trust in St. Louis has won ZERO and has another ZERO on the horizon.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Lets hope so because that brain trust won 2 Stanley Cups in LA. The other brain trust in St. Louis has won ZERO and has another ZERO on the horizon.
The brain trust which set the Kings up to win two Stanley Cups is long gone. Unfortunately Dean was great at building it, not so great at maintaining it and replacing used parts with new parts when necessary.

Now we have to pin all our hopes on Blake, Futa, and Yannetti for scouting and trades. Then it's up to the player development department, which has done a good job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad