GDT: GM#68 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @1:00pm

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I wonder if these guys realize you have to beat teams in your conference to make the playoffs?

Can’t wait to see how Jim Fox tries to spin this one

DarkBurOak

Feb 24, 2018
Just an embarrassing game today. What even is this team? Sometimes we look like contenders and then other times we look like a team on the verge of a rebuild. Fans never know what to expect when watching this team except for giving up the first goal within the first five minutes in the first period and Jim and Faust arguing like a couple at some point. Also what are we doing with Gravel and LaDue? They are getting paid just to watch games at this point.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Kings have 26 regulation losses.

Really can only allow four more.

95 points is generally the mark you need to make the playoffs. The Kings could got 8-6 to get that mark. I believe 95 points has never missed the playoffs (could be wrong on that, if so it's only been once or twice that's happened).

According to sportclubstats 95 points gives them a 67.8-75.9% chance on making it in. Get to 97 points with a 9-5-0 and Kings have a 98.1% chance of getting in.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
95 points is generally the mark you need to make the playoffs. The Kings could got 8-6 to get that mark. I believe 95 points has never missed the playoffs (could be wrong on that, if so it's only been once or twice that's happened).

According to sportclubstats 95 points gives them a 67.8-75.9% chance on making it in. Get to 97 points with a 9-5-0 and Kings have a 98.1% chance of getting in.

95 has missed. 2015 Kings and their insane OT record say hello.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
95 has missed. 2015 Kings and their insane OT record say hello.

Your right. Boston missed in East with 96 that year as well. Good call. It's fairly rare that 95 does miss though. That's likely right around the cutoff this year since it's so competitive. 4 or less regulation losses the rest of the way pretty much guarantees the Kings a spot (barring a dumb like 4-4-6 type record), and even with 5 or 6 regulation losses the Kings still have a real good shot at playoffs if most of the rest of W's.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
13-3-3. That's 29 out of 38 points. That's 125 points over 82 games. 84% of the time, a western team comes into LA and gets at least a point. 68% of the time, a western team comes into LA and wins the game. Being outscored 56-49. You'd think the goal differential would be worse, what with that horrible record.

Everyone has watched SJ own the Kings in LA since 15-16 I guess. They're 9-1 in LA in their last 10 though, so nobody can be quite as good as they are.

Has to be deflating for them. 13 of 19 games they've lost at home to direct competition for a spot. That has to mess with them mentally. They have to be cognizant of it right? I know players have a routine, everything gets compartmentalized, they have to focus on this and that, but they have to know that western teams are leaving LA with point after point after point, and win after win after win?

Reactions: BigKing

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What in the bloody hell happened while I was working??? Jesus Christ its like the wheel of fortune with this team and you never know what you're going to get

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Also have to add another team in there now too. Vegas might change that cutoff point total, especially with how good they've been.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I was the only boo bird in the entire arena.

How bad is that?

Also, you would get three fights in a 7-2 loss at home against a rival back in the day. It's cool as a paying customer to have zero excitement on my Saturday afternoon. Walk to the car in the rain? Cool! At least there was that line brawl...oh, wait. Sorry... You just wasted a ton of money and time but, on the bright side, a bunch of millionaires got a nice workout.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In before Raccoon Jesus says "but hard minutes!!!!" excuse.

Adorable, but I've said a million times he has no business being up on the first pairing, as well. Really cool of you to take a cheap shot while I'm away, though. All class man.

Also your tirades about Quick are completely meaningless since you rail on him even when he's good.

How bad is that?

Also, you would get three fights in a 7-2 loss at home against a rival back in the day. It's cool as a paying customer to have zero excitement on my Saturday afternoon. Walk to the car in the rain? Cool! At least there was that line brawl...oh, wait. Sorry... You just wasted a ton of money and time but, on the bright side, a bunch of millionaires got a nice workout.

That's a lie! I was right there with you.

Only thing dumber than me spending money on this game is how much more money I'm spending on booze after!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

How bad is that?

It can be sort of a scam.

The problem is that players will sue the league if they let the players do what players used to do. Why don't you protect your employees? Then if the league wants to suspend or fine players more for dirty hits and all that, the players say no, we don't want the league to have more power. You've already got the cap, and escrow, stop taking more of our money. They'll still sue if they have long term brain issues from playing in the league though.

Makes sense from both sides, but it's all in a weird middle spot where nothing really lines up. Also can't just worry about current players, but also have to worry about the players of the future. Now with more science about the brain, parents are going to protect their kids. All leagues are softer these days though, it's not just the NHL. No more chin music in baseball, it's all 3 point shots in the NBA, can't hit anyone in the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad