GDT: GM 63: Oilers At Pittsburgh 10am for me, 11am for Albertans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
See my previous post above about my Internet Degree of Medicine. Core is my guess.

f*** me, I just woke up now!

Assuming you are right, will this heal by playoffs?

If it is core is it lingering from the start of the year? If so why didn't they or why don't they shut him down for a bit.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
lol “all in” and two of our three adds are parked on the bench.

Holland blew his load last year with the Ekholm acquisition. He’s been incompetent ever since. Seriously, look at his summer and trade deadline and tell me what he has done to move the needle with this team.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Holland blew his load last year with the Ekholm acquisition. He’s been incompetent ever since. Seriously, look at his summer and trade deadline and tell me what he has done to move the needle with this team.
Gotta hope Henrique becomes a huge difference maker I guess. Which is entirely possible.

Love to see Stecher get a game though.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Hopefully a better effort today. Might need to start doing what vegas does. Get enough points early on so that you can put your stars on LTIR and have the other players cost into playoffs with a 500 record, and stars rested.

they put Old Yeller down. Its time

@Bring Back Bucky
r u at this game today in Pittsburgh?
We looked for ya at Buffalo game yesterday. Did u get thrown out?

Did you leave after the offside OT goal as well like we did? Luckily we heard the boos just before walking out of the building and ended up with seats right behind UPL for the the continuation and SO. Overall we still enjoyed the game and day even with the loss.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
f***ing stupid why Carrick is scratched for Brown. Bet he feels great after being traded and now sitting for a guy who hasn't scored and does f*** all!
Brown had like two good shifts yesterday! Not even SHITS, but SHIFTS.
Kind of a joke. I think it'd be like working at a company where the bosses son who is ass keeps getting promotions while deserving coworkers stay stagnant. Not good for morale

Reactions: Sanchez

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I can see them wanting to get Ryan in for a game.

I’m more frustrated that Stecher is going to be eating popcorn so Ceci can do his thing on the bottom pair
Perfect time to send a message to our D after two bad outings, and also on a back to back, perfect time to play Stecher.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Assuming you are right, will this heal by playoffs?

If it is core is it lingering from the start of the year? If so why didn't they or why don't they shut him down for a bit.

I think he’s been off all season long whatever it is. Bad start he plays through it. Go on a roll and he’s good enough to play.

Post ASB teams always start to tighten up and McDavid at 75% is not good enough to cover the offensive warts on the team.

They shut McDavid down only if it’s too serious or something that requires a lot of time and or surgery to heal.

Either way if he’s not 110% we’re f***ed.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Brown was one of the better bottom 6 players yesterday. He does deserve to sit a lot but not after yesterday.

I’d still rather see Ryan in and Brown out. Rotate those 2 guys but to sit your brand new acquisition 3 days after pretending he was a big reason you gave up a 1st rounder is disingenuous in my view.

Guy was the only one who showed up vs Columbus and tried to spark the team by fighting one of the leagues best fighters. His reward is shitty arena popcorn in Pittsburgh.

Just a dumb move in my opinion when Brown is a literal black hole past the red line whereas you’ve supposedly replaced his penalty killing prowess with the guy you’re sitting and Henrique never mind Ryan.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
@Oilers in NS your food sounded delicious!!!!

I did a surf and terf the other week. A filet o fish and a mcrib lmao!
I think I could eat a school of smelts. Very tasty . Anything from the ocean is usually tasty. That fish would eat you if it had the chance so I dont give him that chance. Its eat or be eaten is my motto. Those protesting vegans, I'll eat them as well

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022

“SaM cArRiCk AdDs A lOt tO tHiS tEaM”.
Ken Holland

3 days later a healthy scratch so Connor Brown can continue his march to 0 goals in 82 games.

Man that forward group looks so much better...

Yet Brown is such a stain on it. It's such an easy to spot problem, but it's still there.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I’m not one of those guys that thinks they should win all 82 games, and I get that the schedule is a grind, but in general good teams find ways to win these games, and a lot of teams have gone thru patches like this and done well (we’ve done it ourselves), so I don’t know, I don’t want to get in the habit of making excuses. We’ve been extremely lucky with injuries this year, and other teams have kept pace with a slew of guys hurt. We need to take that next step where we take care of business against poor teams even when circumstances aren’t the best. Those are my expectations if a team expects to be considered a contender.

Agree
Every team shots the bed in a bunch of games each season, so I'm not concerned too much.
But prob like others, it's how bad, disinterested, and slow they look while doing it.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hopefully a better effort today. Might need to start doing what vegas does. Get enough points early on so that you can put your stars on LTIR and have the other players cost into playoffs with a 500 record, and stars rested.

Did you leave after the offside OT goal as well like we did? Luckily we heard the boos just before walking out of the building and ended up with seats right behind UPL for the the continuation and SO. Overall we still enjoyed the game and day even with the loss.
Pretty sure @Bring Back Bucky said he was going to game. He is from the rich part of NS and has all kinds of money. I had to watch it on my phone yesterday at dart tournament and I shut off immediately when they scored. Too many Habs and Leafs fans around me and I didnt want them to see Oilers lost. Ruin my dart game

Correct, Saskatchewan has never done it.

Yukon stopped the practice in 2018.
I gotta get up Yukon and do some fishing. I would imagine its unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad