Pre-Game Talk: GM#6 Toronto @ Tampa - SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Curious as to what’s everyone’s take? I see a lot of fans saying Leafs in 6 but I don’t know how anyone can think this isn’t going 7 with the Leafs eventually losing like they always do. I hate saying it but yesterday loss was extremely discouraging, I get winning 4 games in a row is very difficult , but they lost the same way they’ve lost all their previous elimination games. We’ve know what the issue was for a long time but we didn’t wanna believe it… this core can’t and won’t get it done.
I think it’s going to game 7. Tough to bet against Tampa for obvious reasons. Hope Leaf’s actually pull it off though.

Reactions: Cleetus

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Coming in peace (as yes we do exist :P ), but if you guys manage to not blow this, the fact that it took you TWO Arizona skaters to finally do it...

5bad6223260000360080eac4.jpeg

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Setting up for my March prediction that Kerfoot scores the series clincher in Game 6.

But in reality I could care less who scores the GWG. Just do it.

Reactions: Bellzy and Gallagbi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We need to turn up and compete from the first minute until the last

Get in Vasi's line of sight, fight for space in front of the net, get after the Tampa D and make life tough for all there forward lines

If we play to our best I think we win this, playing to our best has been the issue though

Bunting needs to come in and if Holl plays instead of Liljegren Keefe should be fired on the spot because he's obviously a drooling moron

Here's hoping for game 3 Iliya and

GLG

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Get in Vasi's line of sight, fight for space in front of the net, get after the Tampa D and make life tough for all there forward lines

If we play to our best I think we win this, playing to our best has been the issue though

Bunting needs to come in and if Holl plays instead of Liljegren Keefe should be fired on the spot because he's obviously a drooling moron

GLG
Get your ass in front of Vas!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

GLG

Pretty sad after 6 first round losses; knowing that the regular season meant squat and the playoffs were all that mattered. As much as some hate Cooper, this series would be over if he was behind our bench facing a D as thin as Tampa's is this series.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I don't mean sound really negative, but we're inching closer to the end of the Shanny/Dubas/Keefe era. 2 games left of this group, and a possible retool to come. It will be tragic, but a rebirth is around the corner. It's a shame, but it will finally put an end to playoff futility...

Of course I want TOR to win, but who can bare any more of this team letting it's fans down?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I don't mean sound really negative, but we're inching closer to the end of the Shanny/Dubas/Keefe era. 2 games left of this group, and a possible retool to come. It will be tragic, but a rebirth is around the corner. It's a shame, but it will finally put an end to playoff futility...

Of course I want TOR to win, but who can bare any more of this team letting it's fans down?
I guess if they win they wouldn't really be letting us down.

Win/Win this year for those who want change. Either Leafs win or changes are made.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
8:35 in, nails it.
Quick version: ROR acquisition was great, just what this team needed - a guy that can influence/change a team's culture. But 6 weeks is not enough time and it's showing.

Bingo. Needed ROR yrs ago.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Curious as to what’s everyone’s take? I see a lot of fans saying Leafs in 6 but I don’t know how anyone can think this isn’t going 7 with the Leafs eventually losing like they always do. I hate saying it but yesterday loss was extremely discouraging, I get winning 4 games in a row is very difficult , but they lost the same way they’ve lost all their previous elimination games. We’ve know what the issue was for a long time but we didn’t wanna believe it… this core can’t and won’t get it done.
I know fans don’t want to hear that but it’s all true and even if they do fluke it out of this round which I don’t think they can the next round will be quick and painfull. All the other teams are hoping to win the stanley cup leaf fans are just hoping to win the first round lol 😂

Reactions: Leterman

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Leafs historically perform utterly terrible in game 6. In fact this core has lost every game 6 they've played in except 2018 game 6 vs Boston - where they got completely shelled and Freddy stole it for them.

I'm slowly accepting the fact that they're just gonna blow this in 7 again. This team gives you no reason at all to believe in them.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

How do you know it puts an end to playoff futility?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We've only been inspired to play a full game once so far. Game 2. Historically with this core and closing a team out, not good. If they don't win it though, I think TB becomes the fav.
It's actually insane that we've been outplayed 80% of this series.

Like this Tampa team is a shell of its former self and they're playing with a hurt Cernak and a Hedman who's prob 60% at best.

I don't know why I ever thought this core would come out in game 5 to make a statement, god was I dumb. They just came in and did the same old shit they always do in elimination games.

Anyone who wants to rewatch game 5 - pay attention to the demeanor of the teams on both benches. You can actually visually see the difference. Tampa looked so calm and collected whereas the Leafs looked shocked by the moment.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
It's actually insane that we've been outplayed 80% of this series.

Like this Tampa team is a shell of its former self and they're playing with a hurt Cernak and a Hedman who's prob 60% at best.

I don't know why I ever thought this core would come out in game 5 to make a statement, god was I dumb. They just came in and did the same old shit they always do in elimination games.

Anyone who wants to rewatch game 5 - pay attention to the demeanor of the teams on both benches. You can actually visually see the difference. Tampa looked so calm and collected whereas the Leafs looked shocked by the moment.

I couldnt agree more. We're being outplayed through vast stretches of every game other than G2. They are absolutely the better team, we are the luckier one so far.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I couldnt agree more. We're being outplayed through vast stretches of every game other than G2. They are absolutely the better team, we are the luckier one so far.
Now that the haze of that epic 4-1 comeback has worn off and a good elimination game loss has brought things back to reality... this is honest to god one of the worst series the Leafs have played with this core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad