gistedt made the swedish national team!!

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
the starting goalie for frolunda in the SEL and the swedish u-20 team late 87 born joel gistedt has made the swedish national team for the swedish tournament of the european hockey tour. i still cant believe this guy was passed over 200 times in the 06 draft. now that most people here has got a good look at him in the wjc. how high do you think he will et drafted in the upcoming draft. my bet is late second-early third round.

if anyone here has seen mattias modig. do you think he will be drafted?? and how high. this guy has actually been passed in 2 drafts. and he is now a starting goalie in the SEL at 19.

here are there stats from this season in the SEL.

joel gistedt: 29 GP. 2.50 GAA. 90.45 sv%

mattias modig: 28 GP. 2.38 GAA. 92.08 sv% (second in the league in sv%)

Bryzga lol*

Interesting. I could see him go in the 3rd round or higher. This is a weak draft for goalies so he might be high on some team's lists.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
yeah. i agree. smith, sexsmith and cann are possible first rounders, but i doubt more then one of them gets picked in the first round. there is no rask, price or irving in this draft so anything can happen. personally i have been high on gistedt since he made he's SEL debut last season (and he had a shotout). i was hoping the wings would pick him up last year, but that didnt happen so im hoping they will pick him up this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad