GDT: Giroux watch 2023/24

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It was the Wednesday night hockey game on Sportsnet, who were raving about what a great leader he is and how he put the team on his back to help them dig out of the hole they're in. :laugh: :cry:
In the Flyers defense, they're right that he doesn't fit the team and culture they're building.

He's just nowhere near big and dumb enough to lead this team.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I couldn't be happier for Giroux to not have to play for this piece of shit Tortellini in this rudderless dung heap of an organization.

What a blessing for him and his family.
And it seems like the team and fanbase love him so far.

Every time I see an Ottawa fan mention him it’s always positive, unlike the ungrateful idiots in this fanbase who blame him for the GM and coaches failures.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
In all fairness, giving G the contract that he would have wanted and deserved (3X5+) would have been more than a sensible management team with this organization at that time should have done. His good play would have only reinforced mediocrity for the club and delayed the eventual disaster that has now occurred. The return was fine-two first rounders (one being Tippett) and a third. Hopefully Tippett will reach his potential and the to be drafted #1 will be a good player as well.
I’m glad for Giroux that he’s out of here; doing well in Ottawa and enjoying playing the game. None of that would have happened for him if he has re-signed here and had to deal with Torts and Thompson.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In all fairness, giving G the contract that he would have wanted and deserved (3X5+) would have been more than a sensible management team with this organization at that time should have done. His good play would have only reinforced mediocrity for the club and delayed the eventual disaster that has now occurred. The return was fine-two first rounders (one being Tippett) and a third. Hopefully Tippett will reach his potential and the to be drafted #1 will be a good player as well.
I’m glad for Giroux that he’s out of here; doing well in Ottawa and enjoying playing the game. None of that would have happened for him if he has re-signed here and had to deal with Torts and Thompson.

Tippett stinks.

The 2024 is Top 10 protected so lets not count it just yet.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What it comes down to is that Flrtch and Co were trying to win, and said no to Giroux coming back.

And Clarke was happy with him leaving to remain the top pt getter in Flyers history. G was a threat to that and that was not going to happen.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Endless mid sixers is what this team is hoping to be. That’s the Flyers motto.

Who the hell is getting excited for a core of Cates, Tippet, Brink, and Farabee.

Even with TK, Matvei, and Gauthier. That’s trash, but with superior Flyer effort they will prevail right?:laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Endless mid sixers is what this team is hoping to be. That’s the Flyers motto.

Who the hell is getting excited for a core of Cates, Tippet, Brink, and Farabee.

Even with TK, Matvei, and Gauthier. That’s trash, but with superior Flyer effort they will prevail right?:laugh:

"We don't need skill, we need 10-12 goal PKers"

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad