Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Liljegren has gone from Timmy to Tim.
1650166639198.gif

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
Good for Nick Ritchie.

He cleared waivers on Jan. 7, 2022. Maybe he heard a wake-up call. The sound of his NHL career flying out the window, because nobody wanted his contract then.

It's not too bad that the Leafs were able to get Arizona to pick up the balance of his contract.

Maybe if he keeps scoring he'll get another contract , too.:)
Both teams got their own benefit in this trade. It's a solid trade by Dubas.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Crazy that the Leafs tied their franchise record for wins tonight. How the hell have they never won 50 games?
Prior to the extra wins provided by OT (starting in the 83-84 season) and SO (starting in the 05-06 season), there were only 35 times that any team managed 50 wins in a season.

Prior to the season being expanded to 82 games, there were only 26 times.

Prior to the season being expanded to 80 games, it only happened six times (Boston in 71, 72, 73, 74, Montreal in 73, and Philadelphia in 74). Lowest point % of those six: .686.

Prior to last year, our best winning % (.679) came in the 50-51 season, when we were 41-16-13. Basically, since the season went to 78 games (70-71), we've been crappy. Notable exceptions are 77-78 (41 wins) and 92-93 (44 wins, 43 in regulation, but in an 84 game season).

In 17-18, with the help of 7 OT and 7 SO wins, we hit 49.

Tonight's 41st regulation win matches our second highest total ever (done four time), behind only the 92-93 season.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Was at this one... and what a fun one it was! The Kampf line stood out big time, they were fast, hard on the puck, loved watching them work! Bad luck for Boosh there... but probably need to bear down a bit... only created false hope in the end. Kallgren was shakey for the first half, clearly made up for it. JT was moving well out there tonight, did not look slow... no one did, that game was played at a breakneck speed. Amzing skill all-around.

At minimum 50% Leafs fans there, in my section it was 75% I would guess. Amazing atmosphere. Fun night, made funner with the win. That OT was insane!!

Gio is king for a night!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
To be honest, you'd think you'd hear more about Hyman but I haven't heard his name once all season. What's he doing/how's he doing in Edmonton?
Fast start, slow middle, picking up again. 24G, 26A, third in scoring on the team.

Reactions: ktownhockey

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I genuinely forgot this was an away game lmao. Where's that sens fan who I can't call out by name that likes to show up in our PGTs ? Come answer some more questions here bud

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Two points is two points.

I felt like we came out guns blazing. But then the first goal was very deflating to the team and it also energized Ottawa.

I also felt like Ottawa played man to man the whole game. There was practically zero room out there. Kinda like the playoffs eh? Good thing we came out on top barely considering we were playing a bottom feeder team.

Imagine playing a experienced team like Tampa? Yikes.

Hate to sound like a doom and gloom guy especially since they played so well against Washington.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Prior to the extra wins provided by OT (starting in the 83-84 season) and SO (starting in the 05-06 season), there were only 35 times that any team managed 50 wins in a season.

Prior to the season being expanded to 82 games, there were only 26 times.

Prior to the season being expanded to 80 games, it only happened six times (Boston in 71, 72, 73, 74, Montreal in 73, and Philadelphia in 74). Lowest point % of those six: .686.

Prior to last year, our best winning % (.679) came in the 50-51 season, when we were 41-16-13. Basically, since the season went to 78 games (70-71), we've been crappy. Notable exceptions are 77-78 (41 wins) and 92-93 (44 wins, 43 in regulation, but in an 84 game season).

In 17-18, with the help of 7 OT and 7 SO wins, we hit 49.

Tonight's 41st regulation win matches our second highest total ever (done four time), behind only the 92-93 season.
Wow.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Fwiw 4 of that 92-93 team's wins came in OT, which was considered regulation then. They also had 29 regulation losses to our current 20, with 1 of them coming in OT. And 12 ties.

Reactions: bax and Jojalu

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Two points is two points.

I felt like we came out guns blazing. But then the first goal was very deflating to the team and it also energized Ottawa.

I also felt like Ottawa played man to man the whole game. There was practically zero room out there. Kinda like the playoffs eh? Good thing we came out on top barely considering we were playing a bottom feeder team.

Imagine playing a experienced team like Tampa? Yikes.

Hate to sound like a doom and gloom guy especially since they played so well against Washington.
I thought that the man to man coverage burnt us a couple of times for 2on 1's, when the Bud's rotated the Dmen low in the Ozone and the forward was a little slow sliding back to the blue line in coverage.

I'm not the biggest fan of that ploy especially when they've set up in a 2-1-2, and work both defenders into going low, 1 jamming the crease and one hammering it out in the cycle below the goal line I'd rather they only send 1 low if they need to do that at all. So many things can go wrong like a forward trying to defend an odd man rush. When it works you get Marners goal tonight.

Reactions: ktownhockey

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Where the hell was Alfie???? Guy was damn invisible.

Nice snipe Gio, and nice to beat Ottawa.

Say what you want about them, the Senators always show up to play is as hard as they can.

Nice win, and on to the next one….

Reactions: keonsbitterness

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's only 3 games but it does look like Keefe is gearing towards playing Liljegren in a top 4 role in the playoffs. He's playing top 4 ES minutes, 2nd PP and playing on the 2nd PK unit. In terms of the PK, he's taken away Lyb's PK time. He even got time in OT today which is new. Interestingly Keefe used 4 defencemen in OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad