Value of: Getzlaf to PIT? BHN

sunsetsuperhuman

Mar 9, 2018
Love Getzy, but he's not a 1C anymore. He's probably an average 2C at this point in his career and can't physically dominate full games like he used to. You see small stretches of it still, but nothing like 4 or 5 years ago.

He's my favorite Duck of all time (Apologies to Teemu and Kariya) but he looks cooked to me. He's getting really old really fast.

Stanley Kupp

May 5, 2019
Probably not going to happen, but Pittsburgh sports media being out-scooped by something called Boston Hockey Now would be very on-brand for them.
Lived in Pittsburgh a good portion of my life before moving. Fans are whiny as hell. It has a lot of good options for hockey coverage, Yohe, Mackey, Kingerski, Rossi, Anderson, Defabo, Vensel, Gatka. But, of course, none will suffice on this board. Have another glass of whine.

Stanley Kupp

May 5, 2019
He's my favorite Duck of all time (Apologies to Teemu and Kariya) but he looks cooked to me. He's getting really old really fast.
Can he center a fourth line effectively? That is what he would mostly be used for in Pittsburgh when the injured players return.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Getzlaf has a cup and a life in SoCal. He aint leaving

He would be living out of a suitcase for 2-3 months. That doesn't seem to be a huge inconvenience in exchange for a final shot at another SC. But he has his own priorities so we'll see what happens.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No thanks unless its for something that benefits us beyond Getzlaf.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Anaheim would have to seriously retain for a contender to somehow fit him in cap wise. Add to that Getzlaf likely doesn't wish to move and the club is on record stating they won't ask him to waive his NTC I can't see this being very realistic. Add to that his trade value would be low and he'd have to be allowed to choose his own destination further lowering the trade value and that's aside from the fact his production is receding as fast as his hairline did.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

It's possible/probable, but he's either playing with grinders or facing the other team's best defenders if he's playing with Rakell. Neither is ideal for him. If Ducks were a good team and he was playing 2C with second line players, the effort and results might be there. Hard to say because he's playing over his head and there's really nothing to play for.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Love Getzy, but he's not a 1C anymore. He's probably an average 2C at this point in his career and can't physically dominate full games like he used to. You see small stretches of it still, but nothing like 4 or 5 years ago.
I'd say he is a good 3c on a legit contender

Reactions: lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad