Value of: Getzlaf to PIT? BHN

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getzlaf has said he will retire a one team player and Bob murray has said the only way he'd consider moving getz is if he comes to him and asks for it.
He’s said that in the past he can’t be having much fun right now.... maybe he wants to remember what it’s like to win a game in regulation again

Reactions: Trade

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
He’s said that in the past he can’t be having much fun right now.... maybe he wants to remember what it’s like to win a game in regulation again
Athletic article went up an hour or so ago that talked about murray and getzlaf, most of the usual "it's in getzlafs hands", but this part made me think getzlafs desire to stay is still there:

"Murray said he just spoke with Getzlaf again before leaving for his trip last week and there was no evidence of his captain being interested in a move.
And in fact, there’s interest on Murray’s part in getting Getzlaf back on a new deal moving forward"

LeBrun: Bob Murray on what the Ducks might do at a 'really quiet' trade deadline

Edit: just realized desertedpenguin beat me to the quote lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Athletic article went up an hour or so ago that talked about murray and getzlaf, most of the usual "it's in getzlafs hands", but this part made me think getzlafs desire to stay is still there:

"Murray said he just spoke with Getzlaf again before leaving for his trip last week and there was no evidence of his captain being interested in a move.
And in fact, there’s interest on Murray’s part in getting Getzlaf back on a new deal moving forward"

LeBrun: Bob Murray on what the Ducks might do at a 'really quiet' trade deadline

Edit: just realized desertedpenguin beat me to the quote lol
Oh didn’t see that lol

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Ah man, was getting visions of Getz on the PP, plus our bottom 6 has issues. Obviously getting a first line C for your third line is gonna help. Welp hopefully the Pens got a claim on Boyd. What? Vancouver you say?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If Ryan is moved its not to pitt. Vegas Oilers and perhaps the bruins would be in on this with Vegas being the best option. This was discussed on the NHL network today

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Getzlaf decides to waive its going to be for a team with a lot better chance than the Pens and likely somewhere west. Vegas or the Avs are the most likely scenarios.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ah man, was getting visions of Getz on the PP, plus our bottom 6 has issues. Obviously getting a first line C for your third line is gonna help. Welp hopefully the Pens got a claim on Boyd. What? Vancouver you say?

Love Getzy, but he's not a 1C anymore. He's probably an average 2C at this point in his career and can't physically dominate full games like he used to. You see small stretches of it still, but nothing like 4 or 5 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad