Getzalf vs Kostsitsyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
Kanye West said:
Getzlaf is better right now..., Kost has more upside and is a bit of a project...

But it youre worried, don't be Perezhogin was a project compared to his buddies Chistov and Svitov....both are now shitov compared to Perez (ok not really i just wanted to say shitov :D). Recently montreals been preaty good at bringing projects along. So lets wait and see, they'll be doing the same with Kostitsyn.

Getzlaf is better now, Kostitsyn will be better if he pans out.

perez has yet to play a game? how do you know he is better than the other two? but i see your point.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
kosty has a lot of talent.
Why didn't he perform. I don't buy the whole new country thing. Once your are on the ice, this does not matter. The same could have been said about zherdev. similar talent, same size, similar background.

The reason why he did not perform is habs coaching in hamilton. Here is a really skilled guy, and you spend a whole year teaching him defense. You changed a good part of his game. He was drafted 8th for his talent so let him express it on the ice. you want more defense give it to 3rd / 4th line guys.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
IMO, Getzlaf has the size, strength and skill to control the play and be a big impact palyer if he turns out. He also has a mean streak and a temper that can eb something quite good if he can harness it in a positive way. He has the makeup to be something real good in the NHL.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
waseem said:
I don't buy the whole new country thing. Once your are on the ice, this does not matter.

The game he was playing was still ice hockey, yes, but dont forget that a big part of ice hockey is communication. If you can't communicate, it will affect your game.

I think next year we will see a much better Kostitsyn, last year was a time for adapting to everything over here, and while his numbers weren't phenominal, he improved his game, bonded with his teammates and learned some of the language. All that will help this coming season as he will likely be a more go to guy for the team. I reckon once his coaches tell him to get the puck and score instead of think about what he is doing the whole time, he will do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce