Hometown: Trondheim, Norway
Nationality: Norwegian
Height: dunnol0l
Weight: Not skinny, not fat.
Hair Color: Blonde/brown
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: Opel/Vauxhall Vectra 96
Job: Tv and internet.
How/when you became a Devils's fan: Bruce Springsteen is from New Jersey, Bruce Springsteen is my biggest hero, therefore.
Favorite Devils's Player: Parise...
Favorite NON Devils's Player: Ilya... Dubkov!
College Attended/Attending: Meh
Video Game Systems Owned: Ps3
Favorite Game(s): NHL,
Music You Listen To: Springsteen!
Favorite Movie (s):
Favorite Food: Everything unhealthy, almost.
Favorite TV Show: Simpsons, Family Guy, The Inbetweeners(UK), The Office (UK and US), Arrested Development, Trailer Park boys.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Some Norwegian league jerseys.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Name: Ed
Sex: M (not nearly enough... I've got two kids and have been married a LONG time)
Birthplace: Ridgewood, NJ
Hometown: Park Ridge, NJ
Current Location: Just north of Portland OR, in WA.
Nationality: USA - 50%German 25%Slovak 25%Croat
Height: 5'11
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Mode of Transportation: '68 Triumph Bonneville when it runs
Job: SW Engineer for networking startup
How/when you became a Devils fan: Mom got season tix in 1982. Got real serious in '88 and had season tix myself by '92.
Favorite Devils Player: Current: Henrique - All Time: Stevens, Marty, Claude.
Favorite non-Devils Player: Current: Tarasenko All Time: Rod Langway.
College Attended/Attending: Bucknell University
Video Game Systems owned: Atari, Nintendo, Wii, PS3
Favorite Video Game: NHL '95
Favorite Band: Right now, Galactic. Historically: Zep, Phish or Dead.
Favorite Movie: Can never turn off The Godfather nor The Outlaw Josie Wales
Favorite TV Show: Law & Order SVU
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Two Parises, Kovy, MacLean, Brodeur, Burke, Rick Wamsley Blues, Marleau Sharks, Forsberg Avs - about 15 from teams I've played on. Always wanted a Red Stevens jersey.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Name: Aaron
Sex: M
Birthplace: Allentown, PA
Hometown: Bethlehem, PA soon to return after a year break in Wisconsin
Nationality: German
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation: Mazda Tribute :yo:
Job: Quality Assurance
How/when you became a Devils's fan: My dad switched allegiances from the rags to the Devils when they moved to New Jersey. Thank God.
Favorite Devils's Player: Elias, though Marty was the reason I played goal.
Favorite NON Devils's Player: Tarasenko
College Attended/Attending: Penn State
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3, NES, GameCube, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Metroid series. Perfect Dark (despite not having my N64 anymore), Minecraft, Rhythm Heaven Fever (don't knock it till you try it), Ninja Gaiden for NES, Golgo 13.
Music You Listen To: Most everything with the distinct exception of country. I particularly enjoy a good piano or guitar piece. See Joe Hisaishi and Buckethead, respectively. My favorite band is Modest Mouse.
Favorite Movie (s): One of several Miyazaki films, depends on the day. Also quite enjoyed Grave of the Fireflies and 5 Centimeters Per Second. I'm a sucker for Bond movies too. And the original Jurassic Park is an absolute classic.
Favorite Food: Japanese
Favorite TV Show: Probably Ergo Proxy.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: White Brodeur, Red Larsson, Red Henrique.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Does anyone remember the poster icx?. He was from way back. Literally the only poster who could make me laugh from posts on a message board. That guy was hilarious.

Has anyone been here longer than me? I know my join date says March of 2004 but I really joined back in 2002. But they deleted my account in September of 2003 because I was inactive for a few weeks. If you notice September 2003 is the farthest you can go back on this site. They just randomly cleared this entire site one day and I remember everyone was pissed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone remember the poster icx?. He was from way back. Literally the only poster who could make me laugh from posts on a message board. That guy was hilarious.

Has anyone been here longer than me? I know my join date says March of 2004 but I really joined back in 2002. But they deleted my account in September of 2003 because I was inactive for a few weeks. If you notice September 2003 is the farthest you can go back on this site. They just randomly cleared this entire site one day and I remember everyone was pissed.

I had an account on this site back in the early 00s. I forgot what the name was. I may have even had an account in the early days of this board, like 03/04. I just don't remember the name or any of the login info.

If anyone remembers me from back then, it would be that I HATED Barry Tallackson, really wanted Randy McKay outta here back in 2001 right before he was traded for Nieuwendyk. Never ranted on him like I do Zubrus currently, but really wanted him gone. Loved him early on, we just really needed to cut ties with him. Glad we moved on when we did, it was definitely the right time.

I think I also criticized moving Arnott and a first (not the McKay part though) for Nieuwendyk quite often, got into a few heated debates.

Really didn't like Nieuwendyk as a Devil. He had like a handful of multi goal games in that one full season he played for us, and then had like a bazillion goal droughts on that were quite lengthy. Elias did that year too. I'm pretty sure I got into a heated argument with someone over him. I think I may have even went on a HUGE rant about him when he finally decided to leave us in UFA on the day (or maybe two days) before training camp started for the following season. Can't remember if that was on this board or someone else.

I think I actually did hate Igor Larionov (as a Devil) as much as the current Zubrus, or possibly even more. He started out fairly hot and I think had a 2 or 3 point game in the opener that season. Then he fell apart not even 10 games in and was even a healthy scratch for almost half the season or so it seemed.

Anyone remember the guy who was obsessed with trying to bring back retreads from the 95 team? There was a dude here who was dead set on trying to reclaim as many 95 guys that were still active in the league, but no longer with the team at the time. 2000-2001 season or so, I think it was. The guy was suggesting we claim John MacLean on waivers after the Rangers sent him to the AHL, trade for Bill Guerin, get Jim Dowd back from Minnesota. Trade for Claude Lemieux for a THIRD time, this was the season after his second departure. He wanted Brian Rolston back from Boston. Wanted Tommy Albelin back (we reacquired him the next season).

This guy went as far as to claim that had we actually had more 95 alumni, we would have won the cup in 2001 and beat Colorado! Just a year after winning the cup with pretty much the same thing (minus the most famous 95 alumni in Claude Lemieux).

I'm pretty sure he also said we should have traded for Albelin instead of O'Donnell (might not have been the worst idea since O'Donnell's brief Devils tenure was an absolute disaster beyond biblical proportions) and that we should have gotten either the skeleton of Richer or MacLean instead of Bob Corkum, This actually happened, I just don't know if the guy was serious or not. No one could ever figure him out.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I had an account on this site back in the early 00s. I forgot what the name was. I may have even had an account in the early days of this board, like 03/04. I just don't remember the name or any of the login info.

If anyone remembers me from back then, it would be that I HATED Barry Tallackson, really wanted Randy McKay outta here back in 2001 right before he was traded for Nieuwendyk. Never ranted on him like I do Zubrus currently, but really wanted him gone. Loved him early on, we just really needed to cut ties with him. Glad we moved on when we did, it was definitely the right time.

I think I also criticized moving Arnott and a first (not the McKay part though) for Nieuwendyk quite often, got into a few heated debates.

Really didn't like Nieuwendyk as a Devil. He had like a handful of multi goal games in that one full season he played for us, and then had like a bazillion goal droughts on that were quite lengthy. Elias did that year too. I'm pretty sure I got into a heated argument with someone over him. I think I may have even went on a HUGE rant about him when he finally decided to leave us in UFA on the day (or maybe two days) before training camp started for the following season. Can't remember if that was on this board or someone else.

I think I actually did hate Igor Larionov (as a Devil) as much as the current Zubrus, or possibly even more. He started out fairly hot and I think had a 2 or 3 point game in the opener that season. Then he fell apart not even 10 games in and was even a healthy scratch for almost half the season or so it seemed.

Anyone remember the guy who was obsessed with trying to bring back retreads from the 95 team? There was a dude here who was dead set on trying to reclaim as many 95 guys that were still active in the league, but no longer with the team at the time. 2000-2001 season or so, I think it was. The guy was suggesting we claim John MacLean on waivers after the Rangers sent him to the AHL, trade for Bill Guerin, get Jim Dowd back from Minnesota. Trade for Claude Lemieux for a THIRD time, this was the season after his second departure. He wanted Brian Rolston back from Boston. Wanted Tommy Albelin back (we reacquired him the next season).

This guy went as far as to claim that had we actually had more 95 alumni, we would have won the cup in 2001 and beat Colorado! Just a year after winning the cup with pretty much the same thing (minus the most famous 95 alumni in Claude Lemieux).

I'm pretty sure he also said we should have traded for Albelin instead of O'Donnell (might not have been the worst idea since O'Donnell's brief Devils tenure was an absolute disaster beyond biblical proportions) and that we should have gotten either the skeleton of Richer or MacLean instead of Bob Corkum, This actually happened, I just don't know if the guy was serious or not. No one could ever figure him out.

I was a fan of Nieuwendyks until he was a ****** to the Devils at the lockout shortened season trade deadline when we were set to acquire Jagr and he yanked it back. It was all but formally announced and he yanked it at the last minute over a personal issue because he felt he got snubbed when Lou decided not to bring him back after the 03 season. Needless to say we wound up settling with Steve Sullivan and Nieuwendyk's tenure as GM was short lived.

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Well looking at the profiles around make me feel very old, that's all I can say.

Besides, I'm definitly one of the oldest here, even if not the most active. I was even on the NJ board back in the time, before HF.

Meh. Feel really old now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was a fan of Nieuwendyks until he was a ****** to the Devils at the lockout shortened season trade deadline when we were set to acquire Jagr and he yanked it back. It was all but formally announced and he yanked it at the last minute over a personal issue because he felt he got snubbed when Lou decided not to bring him back after the 03 season. Needless to say we wound up settling with Steve Sullivan and Nieuwendyk's tenure as GM was short lived.

I got the feeling Nieuwendyk was the one who dicked us around when he left. Maybe we didn't offer as much Toronto did? He waited until like the second week of September, after being a UFA for two months. It was literally days before training camp started.

I liked him as a player, just didn't think he was that great for the Devils. Then he went and produced at a significantly higher clip with the Maple Leafs the next season.

I'm pretty sure a mainboard argument was that "the defensive system was holding back his offense with the Devils". :laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I got the feeling Nieuwendyk was the one who dicked us around when he left. Maybe we didn't offer as much Toronto did? He waited until like the second week of September, after being a UFA for two months. It was literally days before training camp started.

I liked him as a player, just didn't think he was that great for the Devils. Then he went and produced at a significantly higher clip with the Maple Leafs the next season.

I'm pretty sure a mainboard argument was that "the defensive system was holding back his offense with the Devils". :laugh:

The issue revolved around Nieuwendyk being told that we were interested in bringing him back and he took it a bit more seriously than he should have and wound up signing very late like you said that off season with the Leafs upon waiting for the Devils to come knocking. Apparently he chose not to forget feeling slighted here.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Well looking at the profiles around make me feel very old, that's all I can say.

Besides, I'm definitly one of the oldest here, even if not the most active. I was even on the NJ board back in the time, before HF.

Meh. Feel really old now.

don't worry man. I was posting back on the NJ board back in the early 2000s too before coming here. I think my user name was Maddog2000 or something like that.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

I really liked Nieuwy in his Calgary days, but hated his tenure here. I think he was just another great player who's days were behind him. I loved the Gilmore trade, because I loved Gilmore, but hated it because I thought he was over the hill then too. Would have liked to see Andreychuk make the difference the year we got him and get us over the playoff hump, but he didn't either.

I kinda lump all of those guys together - I respect them, love what they did for other teams, but was underwhelmed with their tenure in our barn.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
here goes...

Name: dan
Birthplace: west of toronto
Hometown: north of toronto
Nationality: croatian
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 215 lbs
Hair Color: full head of hair
Eye Color: left eye perfect…right eye a bit blurry
Mode of Transportation: '98 toyota tercel :laugh: bought in '07 for 2 grand…since then put in about 1 grand in repairs….running strong over 300km and a '73 ford maverick that is parked as it needs a new carb
Job: i hang off the sides of buildings and repair ****…..a modern steeplejack i'd say
How/when you became a Devils fan: collecting cards in the 80's with my brother…specifically remember this one
4856-145Fr.jpg
and seeing driver wearing the C….brother latched onto the blues and kings
Favorite Devils Player: has to be chico
Favorite non-Devils Player: ROR :laugh: loser POS
College Attended/Attending: 1 yr uni…2.5 college (ya, dropped out)
Video Game Systems owned:atari……no one could beat me in 'combat" and nintendo, i ruled at 'ice hockey' (2 fat, 1 medium, 1 skinny)
Favorite Video Game: nintendo kontra (up up down down left right left right b a b a select start)
Music You Listen To: no dance, no techno euro trash crap and **** new country. i play a ton of instruments
Favorite Band: seeing the constantines live is always soul comforting
Favorite Movie: hmmm…..taxi driver, one flew over the cuckoos nest (PLAY THE GAME HARDING! CMON! PLAY THE GAME!) :handclap:
Favorite TV Show: gave my tv to my sister last year….it was brand new...i had it 4 months
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: red devils and old blue nords that fits like a glove….sleeves reach halfway down arms[/QUOTE]
Drink of Choice: a good caesar or martini…and beer

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really liked Nieuwy in his Calgary days, but hated his tenure here. I think he was just another great player who's days were behind him. I loved the Gilmore trade, because I loved Gilmore, but hated it because I thought he was over the hill then too. Would have liked to see Andreychuk make the difference the year we got him and get us over the playoff hump, but he didn't either.

I kinda lump all of those guys together - I respect them, love what they did for other teams, but was underwhelmed with their tenure in our barn.

I didn't think those guys were bad as Devils, the other two you mentioned. I wasn't particularly fond of Andreychuk as a Devil, Nieuwendyk was the most underwhelming though IMO.

It's not even like Nieuwendyk was just severely declining, that's why it pissed me off when he produced significantly better the next season with Toronto.

I always HATED Steve Thomas though. I really didn't like him. He led the team in points that season we missed the playoffs after we got him for Claude, but I still hated the **** out of him. I can't even remember exactly why anymore.

My hatred completely grew when he talked a bunch of **** about us during the 03 SCF when he was playing for the Ducks. And I'm still pissed that he scored that OT winner against us. I'm pretty sure if I remember right, it was because Colin ''The most overrated Devil of all time'' White was a bozo with next to zilch for hockey sense, and didn't clear the rebound Marty controlled to him. ****ing POS White.:rant: Out of shape and fat ****.:rant: If the puck were a cheeseburger or donut, I bet he would beat Thomas to it.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Name: Keith
Birthplace: Cincinnati, OH
Hometown: Hackensack, NJ
Current Location: Hackensack, NJ
Nationality: German/Irish
Height: 6'1
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation: 2014 Mazda CX-5
Job: Public Safety
How/when you became a Devils fan: I met one of my friends during the 2005 lockout and had no idea he was a hockey fan. At that time i didnt watch or like hockey really. He was super excited about the season, we went to game 1 and i was hooked. We went to about 20 games that season and just because of the luck of the draw i didnt see a lose till like game 17 or something.
Favorite Devils Player: Current: Travis Zajac, Adam Henrique - All Time: Patrik Elias, Marty, and Kovalchuk (I know but he was my favorite non-Devil before he came here, damn shame what happened in the end)
Favorite non-Devils Player: Patrick Kane and Vladimir Tarasenko
Video Game Systems owned: PS4
Favorite Video Game: Battlefield 4, NHL, Batman series
Favorite Song: Too many to name
Favorite Band: See above
Favorite Movie: Too Many to name
Favorite TV Show: Walking Dead, Arrow, or The Last Ship
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Travis Zajac. Ilya Kovalchuck, Scott Stevens.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I didn't think those guys were bad as Devils, the other two you mentioned. I wasn't particularly fond of Andreychuk as a Devil, Nieuwendyk was the most underwhelming though IMO.

It's not even like Nieuwendyk was just severely declining, that's why it pissed me off when he produced significantly better the next season with Toronto.

I always HATED Steve Thomas though. I really didn't like him. He led the team in points that season we missed the playoffs after we got him for Claude, but I still hated the **** out of him. I can't even remember exactly why anymore.

My hatred completely grew when he talked a bunch of **** about us during the 03 SCF when he was playing for the Ducks. And I'm still pissed that he scored that OT winner against us. I'm pretty sure if I remember right, it was because Colin ''The most overrated Devil of all time'' White was a bozo with next to zilch for hockey sense, and didn't clear the rebound Marty controlled to him. ****ing POS White.:rant: Out of shape and fat ****.:rant: If the puck were a cheeseburger or donut, I bet he would beat Thomas to it.

Steve Thomas. I don't think there's a former Devils player I hate more than him. I was always mad that we didn't get Wendel Clark instead of him in that 3 way deal.

meehan

Mar 20, 2003
new york
Visit site
Name: Meehan
Birthplace: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hometown: Queens, NY
Current Location: Queens, NY
Nationality: USA
Height: 5'7
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Mode of Transportation: 2009 Infiniti G37x Sport Edition
Job: "Software Engineer" at a fortune 100
How/when you became a Devils fan: Everyone else in my JHS in Queens was a Ranger fan.
Favorite Devils Player: Current: Henrique All Time: Stevens
Favorite non-Devils Player: Current: Crosby All Time: Modano
College Attended: Stony Brook University (Undergrad) NYU Poly (Grad)
Video Game Systems owned: PC
Favorite Video Game: Final Fantasy Tactics
Favorite Band: Morbid Angel
Favorite Movie: The Dark Knight Rises
Favorite TV Show: Game Of Thrones
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Brodeur

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Haha, I started this thread in 2007? I was 145 back then? Yikes!

not the weight... but it is amusing to see how we've aged.

Music You Listen To: right now, Prince is in my CD player.
Favorite Movie: Oh, Brother Where Art Thou?

Reasons I love you

EDIT: for funzies, Richer's Ghost made the beer label in my picture. I still have a bottle on display.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Steve Thomas. I don't think there's a former Devils player I hate more than him. I was always mad that we didn't get Wendel Clark instead of him in that 3 way deal.

I had a friend who had this huge woody over the fact that we got him and then Andreychuk.

I wanted to keep Claude in the first place, so there was already a strike against Thomas. Even though it was Steve's fault that Claude was traded.

But he did a lot of things to get my angry. I firmly believe getting rid of him and some other deadweight is what helped us with that second cup. I'm not sure that we win that 2000 cup with guys like him on the team still.

He was another one. Produced like crap his last season with us, signs in Toronto and produces almost a point per game. His first season with us was very good, his last couple weren't so good though.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Name: Mike aka "The Situation"
Birthplace: Staten Island, NY
Hometown: Staten Island, NY
Current Location: Jersey Shore
Nationality: 100% Pure Blood Italian
Height: 5'11"
Hair Color: High Fade, Spiked on top; dark brown
Eye Color: Green
Mode of Transportation: Ferrari California, Bentley Continental, Custom GTL Lamborghini
How/when you became a Devils fan: Always have been. Only team reppin Jersey.
Favorite Devils Player: Ryane Clowe (partied a bit with his dad a few years back), Zacha- Freshest kid at the draft, future star.
Favorite non-Devils Player: Bobby Ryan, James Van Reimsdyk (Jersey), Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Jarret Stoll (Buddies of mine)
Video Game Systems owned: None
Favorite Video Game: Candy Crush
Favorite Song: Anything Dubstep
Favorite Movie: The Godfather, Goodfellas
Favorite TV Show: Jersey Shore, Snooki and Jwoww, The Pauly D Project
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Name: Mike aka "The Situation"
Birthplace: Staten Island, NY
Hometown: Staten Island, NY
Current Location: Jersey Shore
Nationality: 100% Pure Blood Italian
Height: 5'11"
Hair Color: High Fade, Spiked on top; dark brown
Eye Color: Green
Mode of Transportation: Ferrari California, Bentley Continental, Custom GTL Lamborghini
How/when you became a Devils fan: Always have been. Only team reppin Jersey.
Favorite Devils Player: Ryane Clowe (partied a bit with his dad a few years back), Zacha- Freshest kid at the draft, future star.
Favorite non-Devils Player: Bobby Ryan, James Van Reimsdyk (Jersey), Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Jarret Stoll (Buddies of mine)
Video Game Systems owned: None
Favorite Video Game: Candy Crush
Favorite Song: Anything Dubstep
Favorite Movie: The Godfather, Goodfellas
Favorite TV Show: Jersey Shore, Snooki and Jwoww, The Pauly D Project
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

:laugh: i know you're a rangers fan but that is fantastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad