GDT: germany vs latvia

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
They have been talking out of their ass the entire tournament.

They don't know a thing about Latvian hockey, which would not be that bad, if they weren't making stuff up. The whole tirade about leaving KHL as a major blow to Latvian junior hockey was repeated twice and it literally could not be further from the truth. That whole system produced like 1 or 2 national team players during its entire existence. Leaving the KHL has been a major boost to Latvian hockey at all levels, with almost immediate results.

We're not scrambling to rebuild our programme, it's never been at a better state than now.

So, yeah, it is annoying listening to them as a Latvian fan.
I dont watch the Canadian broadcast, but if its Gord Miller commenting there, this is funny. There was a whole video segment during the last WC about him going to Irbes place, them being such close friends and so on, walking on the beach and driving on quadricycles. Maybe they should have spoken about hockey instead, cause Im pretty sure that Irbe is not the one who told Miller how bad our hockey is without KHL.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
As for the game itself, I think everyone let out a massive sigh of relief after that first goal, not just the fans, but the players as well

Let's see how the game unfolds now

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Hate the announcers for this game, they make it seem like Germany is much better than this Latvian team. When in all honesty, Latvia has the better team. Germany even lost to this Latvia in the pre tournament games.

As a German, I knew this game would be tough can’t believe Gord Miller and Mike Johnson are belitting Latvia like this.

Germany got LUCKY against Finland.
they didnt score a goal in over 300mins lol there just being honest . gord miller one of th ebes in t he buisness

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
so if Latvia wins, they all finish on 3 points

- Finland 4-0 Latvia
- Germany 4-3 Finland

Finland finishes as +3

Latvia is -4 coming into this game, Germany is +1.

If Latvia wins by 2, Latvia finishes on -2 and Germany on -1

So Latvia needs to win by 3 to advance ?
Yes, or Latvia wins by less than 3 and Finlamd gets a point

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Wow i forgot games were on today and what did i come to see? With this result tomorrow's Finland-Sweden game will matter even more.

Also goddamn the seagull crying next to the mic is annoying :D

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
You want to play Finland?
Tbh, I don´t care. This year everything but final is gonna be disappointment for me. And if we want to be there, we have to beat the best. But to answer your question, I believe we can get through USA tomorrow (after what I saw their yesterday´s performance against Czechia) and then I rather face Latvia.

Reactions: vlady

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
It must also be said that Germany often plays beyond its circumstances. Despite all the improvements in recent years. One should not forget that Germany often acts beyond its means.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
giphy.gif

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Germany should just allow Latvia to score a bunch of goals, and hope Sweden wins against Finland in regulation tomorrow.
Germany can at maximum lose with the difference of two goals or they're out nonetheless due to tiebreaker rules. Looking tough for your boys :I

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Germany can at maximum lose with the difference of two goals or they're out nonetheless due to tiebreaker rules. Looking tough for your boys :I
They always have the option of getting a point against Canada. Then, they can loose by 20-1 today, wont matter :)

Reactions: Luolis

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3