Germany to the finals!

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
Germany beating Sweden and Canada on their way to the finals is of cause a big upset for us swedish and canadian fans but in some way I'm loving it. German team are playing a very good hockey winning over the big teams proving their hockey is in an very healthy state. This is good news for world wide hockey fans wanting hockey to be even greater i the future. Go get the gold Germany! (sorry Russian fans but an underdog with so much heart allways get my support in games like these)

Reactions: Loffer and Frannel

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't think the American team was thought to have much of a chance this tournament, but upsetting Sweden and then Canada is unreal.

Russia looks just about unbeatable, but could you imagine Germany pulling off hat trick of upsets??

Reactions: Price is Wright

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
I called it before the tournament started :) Germany has been on this path for the past 5-7 years, so this does not come as a surprise. They basically have the same vibe and circumstances as Finland had leading up to the 1995 World Championship.

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
I have a feeling this will be like the Swiss team at the 2013 Worlds where they somehow make the final, only to get their asses handed to them by the opponent. In fact I hope this is how it will go -- I value my weekend sleep and I really do not want to bite my fingernails at like 6 am on a Sunday morning haha. Silver's good enough, let's just get this over with now okay :sarcasm:

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I called it before the tournament started :) Germany has been on this path for the past 5-7 years, so this does not come as a surprise. They basically have the same vibe and circumstances as Finland had leading up to the 1995 World Championship.

Agree. I've been saying this for a number of years. One of the lesser teams is going to medal or win a world championship because they have most of their roster intact while other teams don't. I didn't think it would be Germany, I thought that the Swiss would do it first.

Reactions: Frannel

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
This has the potential to be another Miracle on Ice.

Of course the Russians play the part of the bad guys again.

Seriously, it'd be almost as big as Lake Placid 1980.

Reactions: varsaku

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Russia looks really good. They got 3 past a really, really good Czech net last night while shutting them out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad