German Prospects for the NHL Draft

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sorry, guys with the new layout nothing seems to work for me anymore.
It might take me a while to fix everything in a way that I am able to update anything here.

The layout change royally screws me over and makes it a lot more work for me to update the OPs
I am not entirely sure I will be able to keep it up unless I find a way to make it easier.
Granted not every player is on Eliteprospect and they tend to slowly upload the stats, why don't you update the OP with the player's name and their EP profile?

I know they have a new table format on this board; saw it in one of the latest pages for the Training Camp roster thread in the trade forum FYI.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
It is working with .PDF-files and .png-files from the snipping-tool, but not in the form i hopped. For short lists the solution with the snipping-tool is ok.

Attachments

• Test 1.PNG
    Test 1.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Test 2.pdf
    48.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
With the installation of the new advanced code table, it looks like I'm back in business so to speak.

It will take me a little bit to adjust and unfortunate work and health issues will make it more problematic for me, but within the next few days, at best, or next couple of weeks at worst. I should be able to have all the threads updated again.
The one with the national teams will be the most work and might take a little longer.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I'm wondering why he'd get called up over Stachowiak, either way congratulations to him.

My first thought as well, but I guess it makes sense. Valenti is the smartest player I've seen in the DNL in a long time. I think he's the real deal and perhaps they just want to help him develop even though he's leaving for Vancouver next year. Stachowiak will make his way to the pros eventually...

Valenti had a really strong debut, though, I liked him a lot. Didn't get much ice time, obviously, but he made the most of it. If anyone's curious, full game report:

As expected, Valenti received very little ice time in his professional debut, but he certainly made the most of it. What stood out more than anything is his hockey sense, which has always been his strongest asset. He had zero issues keeping up with the speed of the game and played extremely strong positionally. He also anticipated plays very well, especially in one situation where he saw his defenders were going to win a puck battle down low, so he snuck away from the forecheckers and got open for a breakout pass on the right wing. From there, he played a perfect tape-to-tape entry pass through traffic to send his linemate on a scoring chance. He also displayed strong defensive positioning and communicated well on the backcheck, despite being a 17-year-old who's in the big league for the first time. Offensively, Valenti didn't have too many chances, but did have one strong scoring chance where he played a drop pass at the right boards before circling around the net to get open for a rebound. He did get the rebound but missed – again, strong anticipation and perfect work to get into a high-danger area uncovered, though.
The only minor negative was the way he moved around the ice sometimes, but it was the typical junior-player-playing-pro situation. Although his mind was clearly able to keep up with the speed, he will need some time to get used to moving his feet at the same speed too. At times, he looked a little lost out there and moved at "junior speed." He hovered around the ice a lot, but not like someone who falls back purposely to avoid coverage, and rather like someone who is used to moving at that speed because the game around him is usually much slower.
Overall, he made a very strong debut, though, and I hope he sticks around for a while or at least gets some more chances throughout the season. I've been following Valenti for three years now, and his development has been excellent. I like him better than Dominik Bokk and strongly believe he can be a top-three-round pick in 2019.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Valenti worked hard again in a 4-2 loss against Munich and showed he can certainly play with and against men. He missed his assignment off a line change, which led to the game-winning goal against – a typical rookie mistake. He's still some time away and I expect him to go down again soon, also because he's still in school, but what he's shown so far was quite promising overall.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So for a few days things were working, now they apparently changed things again and everything is messed up.

I'll put everything on hold until I am sure they have the software running the way they want and then we'll see if I can work with that or not.
Right now it's not looking good, but at least we can still use these threads to talk about the players, so thanks to everyone who has been keeping that going.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
DEB U16 Rooster / Vierumäki (FIN)

G 01 Bugl, Florian - EC Red Bull Salzburg
G 29 Tiefensee, Arno - EC Bad Tölz
G 30 Schunda, Marinus - Starbulls Rosenheim

LD 02 Herrmann, Fabian - EV Regensburg
RD 03 Glötzl, Maximilian - KEC Kölner Junghaie
RD 04 Menner, Maximilian - EC Red Bull Salzburg
LD 08 Schwaiger, Daniel - EC Red Bull Salzburg
(maybe change to Nr. 24)
LD 09 Szuber, Maksymilian - EC Red Bull Salzburg
RD 10 Mayer, Maximilian - Starbulls Rosenheim
LD 14 Geuß, Joshua - KEC Kölner Junghaie
RD 17 Pilu, Fabrizio - Jungadler Mannheim

C 07 Elias, Florian - Jungadler Mannheim
LW 12 Danzer, Ludwig - Starbulls Rosenheim
(Out for Injuring)
C 13 Diebolder, David - ESV Kaufbeuren
C 15 Dubé, Samuel - EC Red Bull Salzburg
LW 16 Eham, Josef - EC Bad Tölz
RW 18 Peterka, John Jason - EC Red Bull Salzburg
RW 19 Ramoser, Julius - Jungadler Mannheim
RW 20 Samanski, Joshua - Jungadler Mannheim
LW 21 Schweiger, Markus - ESV Kaufbeuren
RW 22 Reichel, Lukas - Starbulls Rosenheim
LW 23 Volek, Justin - ESV Kaufbeuren
C 24 Stützle, Tim - Jungadler Mannheim
(maybe change to Nr. 8)

Positions like nominate and not identify with positions in the home teams.
Stützle played in Kitzbühel with Nr. 8, Schwaiger with Nr. 24. It will be the same in Vierumäki i think.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Valenti is now playing for Kassel in DEL2.
According to the information on the league's website he is playing on the 4th line alongside Alex Lambacher and Tim Lucca Krüger.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Pierre Preto playing as well. Quite surprised he's up before Stachowiak.

Any chance Stachowiak would still count as an import player, and they don't have a spot for him?
Or could it be a positional issue?

Those are the only explanations I could come up with, otherwise it makes absolutely no sense to me.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Any chance Stachowiak would still count as an import player, and they don't have a spot for him?
Didn't even consider this, but that's probably it. In which case I've got to ask: What the hell is up with him not getting German citizenship? They've been working on this for close to a year now.

EDIT: Talked to his agent, Stachowiak's getting his German passport in January, then he'll have been in Germany long enough. Still hoping to go to NA at the end of the year.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So, how good is Moritz Seider? Potential 1st rounder in 2019? GM´s will love his size...

I am not really qualified to rank Seider for the draft in 2019, since I have not really seen or even heard much about other prospects in that draft. Just comparing him to past prospects, I think he could go in the 1st or 2nd round, depending on the depth of the draft, as long as he plays for some high profile program in his draft year, where he gets scouted extensively.
Växjö like Bokk, or any CHL team should be fine. If he stays in Germany I don't think he has a chance to be drafted in the early rounds unless maybe he were playing regularly in the DEL and got significant ice time.

I may have lost my objectivity when it comes to Seider, because he has impressed me so much every time I have watched him, but I really think he can be a special player.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I am not really qualified to rank Seider for the draft in 2019, since I have not really seen or even heard much about other prospects in that draft. Just comparing him to past prospects, I think he could go in the 1st or 2nd round, depending on the depth of the draft, as long as he plays for some high profile program in his draft year, where he gets scouted extensively.
Växjö like Bokk, or any CHL team should be fine. If he stays in Germany I don't think he has a chance to be drafted in the early rounds unless maybe he were playing regularly in the DEL and got significant ice time.

I may have lost my objectivity when it comes to Seider, because he has impressed me so much every time I have watched him, but I really think he can be a special player.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
There goes that thought. Signed with Mannheim for 2 years. Parents want him to finish school here.

Interesting. I wonder where they will play him primarily over the course of those 2 years. In the DEL? DEL2? DNL?

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Interesting. I wonder where they will play him primarily over the course of those 2 years. In the DEL? DEL2? DNL?
The way things are going, definitely not DNL. Would hope he's in the DEL as a regular playing decent minutes by 2018-19. But is that realistic? I don't know...

Last edited:

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
In case you guys missed it, Bokk scored his first goal for the Men´s Team from Växjö. I don´t know how to embed, but there is a clip of that beautiful goal in the NHL Draft-Prospects board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad