German Players in North America

bbcelite

Oct 11, 2009
Bavaria
Does somebody know sth about wiederer? Looks like a good season, especially in his fist QMHL, so far. Should easily go in the 16 draft...

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
Does somebody know sth about wiederer? Looks like a good season, especially in his fist QMHL, so far. Should easily go in the 16 draft...

I second that question. Maybe the OP did watch some games from him this season?

BTW: Awesome job once again, checking back on a regular basis to get a quick overview! :yo:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I second that question. Maybe the OP did watch some games from him this season?

BTW: Awesome job once again, checking back on a regular basis to get a quick overview! :yo:

Unfortunately I have not seen him this season, except for the game yesterday with the U20 against Italy, where he was mostly underwhelming compared to the expactations I had based on his stats in the QMJHL.

A Wildcat fan did post something about Wiederer in this thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1920581

And in another forum there were regular posts of people saying good things about Wiederer's game as a playmaker and facilitator with a decent goalscoring ability.

But personally I have not seen him play in the Q.

You may be able to get better responses in the other thread or in the Wildcat thread on the QMJHL board:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1907077

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
Unfortunately I have not seen him this season, except for the game yesterday with the U20 against Italy, where he was mostly underwhelming compared to the expactations I had based on his stats in the QMJHL.

A Wildcat fan did post something about Wiederer in this thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1920581

And in another forum there were regular posts of people saying good things about Wiederer's game as a playmaker and facilitator with a decent goalscoring ability.

But personally I have not seen him play in the Q.

You may be able to get better responses in the other thread or in the Wildcat thread on the QMJHL board:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1907077

He could easily go in the draft, I think maybe the coyotes should look at him. Seems like there could be a good amount of chemistry in a Rieder-Garland-Wiederer line someday....

Caveman43

Sep 24, 2014
Moncton waived Maximilian Gläßl after acquiring Vaclav Karabacek, using him for their second international spot.

Gläßl claimed of waivers by the Baie-Comeau Drakkar.
He made his debut last night in the 0:8 loss to Shawnigan.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Moncton waived Maximilian Gläßl after acquiring Vaclav Karabacek, using him for their second international spot.

Gläßl claimed of waivers by the Baie-Comeau Drakkar.
He made his debut last night in the 0:8 loss to Shawnigan.

Thanks, I totally missed that.

KerbanHockey

Jan 22, 2014
Have you guys already heard about Ares Avgerinos? He was born in February 2001, playing for EV Duisburg while recording 25 points in 7 games in the Schuler Bundesliga and 15(!) points in 5 games in the DNL2. He's already listed in the 2019 NHL Draft List together with Yannik Valenti. It will be interesting to see how he is gonna develop :nod:. We may get two 1st round picks in 2019 :yo:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Have you guys already heard about Ares Avgerinos? He was born in February 2001, playing for EV Duisburg while recording 25 points in 7 games in the Schuler Bundesliga and 15(!) points in 5 games in the DNL2. He's already listed in the 2019 NHL Draft List together with Yannik Valenti. It will be interesting to see how he is gonna develop :nod:. We may get two 1st round picks in 2019 :yo:

I am not really sure what to make of his stats. In the Schüler Bundesliga his team is playing in group C which means they are playing against really weak competition, even worse than group B and miles from group A.
In DNL2 he is playing in group B and again that is much weaker competition than group A. Still, being able to score like that against much older players, even weak ones, is no mean feat. Hopefully he will be able to play against better players next season, so we can get a better idea of what his numbers a really worth.

Caveman43

Sep 24, 2014
Another player headed to NA

Lean Bergmann now plays for Sioux Falls in the USHL.
previously played in Swedens J20 Elit for Almtuna IS J20.
He has already played 2 games

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Another player headed to NA

Lean Bergmann now plays for Sioux Falls in the USHL.
previously played in Swedens J20 Elit for Almtuna IS J20.
He has already played 2 games

Thanks for the information. I had noticed he did not play for Almtuna anymore neither in J20 nor in J18, but I had found nothing else about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad