German football season 2023/24

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
During his first stint with Dortmund I talked a lot of s*** about Sancho being a product of Haaland, who thought he was better than he was...but he's just been fantastic for BVB of late. Wonderful opener in the war for 4th.

WTF? How was Simons not offsides in the build up to that equalizer?

EDIT:
Oh s*** Ryersen on the far side did play Xavi just onsides, not even a half step between the equalizer and no-goal. Great catch by the VAR.
what

Sancho had 12+14 and was TOTS in the BuLi the year before Haaland arrived

he was already at 9+10 by the time Haaland arrived in Jan 20

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
what

Sancho had 12+14 and was TOTS in the BuLi the year before Haaland arrived

TM has it as 12+18 actually (I was definitely unreasonable), but that wasn't the 17+17 in 200 fewer minutes that had some calling Sancho the best player in the BuLi...plus watch a compilation of his assists after Haaland arrived. A lot of those were balls I could've hit that Erling just did something incredible with :laugh:

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just looked at Bayern's lineup...Sane, Coman, and Gnabry are all out, and TT still refuses to start Tel; Müller, Raphael, and ECMC started over the young frenchman :laugh:

If they don't want to play him, we'll take him & Mouki to be our starting forward partnership next season :naughty:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This is why I was dubious including Hummels in pre-liminary rosters for the EM despite how well he was playing earlier in the season. He's just looked gassed in recent weeks, and this happened last year as well. BVB needs to rotate him a lot more than they've been able to do if they want to keep him fresh through a whole season at this age.

EDIT:
Oh Ryersen, that movement deserved to result in the 2-3.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
PSG must be licking their lips watching this Dortmund performance. They've been much worse than the league this season than the CL, but this match is highlighting weaknesses that PSG should be perfectly armed to exploit.

Reactions: gary69

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Augsburg saw Hoffenheim's result and went full hold my beer in the one game they have left on their schedule that they were favored in :laugh:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
PSG must be licking their lips watching this Dortmund performance. They've been much worse than the league this season than the CL, but this match is highlighting weaknesses that PSG should be perfectly armed to exploit.
Dortmund has looked like shit in just about every game against other top BuLi team this season. Funnily enough their only win against a top 4 team was Bayern away, which probably highlights Bayern's struggles this season.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Guirassy with a huge, uncharacteristic miss. Leverkusen's luck goes on.

Game's quite boring though, some bad executions and an overall lack of intensity. I get it from Bayer's side but I expected Stuttgart to come out stronger.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dortmund has looked like shit in just about every game against other top BuLi team this season. Funnily enough their only win against a top 4 team was Bayern away, which probably highlights Bayern's struggles this season.

Which is why their focus & discipline in the CL this season has been so incredibly baffling :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Guirassy with a huge, uncharacteristic miss. Leverkusen's luck goes on.

Game's quite boring though, some bad executions and an overall lack of intensity. I get it from Bayer's side but I expected Stuttgart to come out stronger.

With it looking more and more certain that the BuLi will get that 5th CL spot, neither team really has anything to play for other than Bayer's undefeated run.

Stuttgart started this game 6pts ahead of Dortmund with 3 games left, so they should be good even if the BuLi f***s up that 5th CL spot, and they were 18pts ahead of 6th place Frankfurt.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bragging rights of finishing above local rivals Bayern?

They'd have to beat Leverkusen and Bayern in back to back weeks just to draw level, but even if they took advantage of FCB being distracted by the CL and drew level with them on pts, their GD is currently 19 goals worse.

So not impossible if Bayern dropped one of their final two, but like falling behind Dortmund, it's super unlikely.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
They'd have to beat Leverkusen and Bayern in back to back weeks just to draw level, but even if they took advantage of FCB being distracted by the CL and drew level with them on pts, their GD is currently 19 goals worse. So not impossible, but like falling behind Dortmund, it's super unlikely.
Ok you've just convinced me to not watch the second half haha

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Which is why their focus & discipline in the CL this season has been so incredibly baffling :laugh:
To be fair that wasn't really the case in the Atletico draw. They only really scored off of Dortmund mistakes and should've capitalized from at least a couple more mistakes if we're honest. Luckily Morata hasn't felt like scoring too many goals lately, lol.

Reactions: luiginb

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This has gone beyond amazing and is now in the realm of the completely absurd.
I have never been a religious person, but this season's Bayer Leverkusen is tempting me to start believing in a higher power more than anything in my life before. :laugh:

Reactions: cgf and gary69

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I have never been a religious person, but this season's Bayer Leverkusen is tempting me to start believing in a higher power more than anything in my life before. :laugh:
Same here. It almost makes you think that someone up there is pulling strings, maybe just to have a little fun, but this just doesn't seem normal.

Reactions: gary69 and JoVel

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Next friday will be good.
HSV vs. St.Pauli

St.Pauli can destroy Hamburg's promotion dreams and secure direct promotion with a win.

Oh, the drama.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad