German football season 2023/24

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can is the new captain of Dortmund. Kobel the second captain and Sule the third captain.

Kobel was the obvious choice, but they didn’t want to give it to a goalie. Sule is too aloof to be the main captain, so it’s Can. Can as captain will work, as long as Can’s rückrunde wasn’t a fluke. If he’s finally turned the corner, it works. If not, this’ll end bad and Terzic will be going along with him. This was very much Terzic’s choice. Demanded Can be extended when Kehl wanted to sell him and bring in Edson Alvarez to take his starting spot or at least make him compete for his spot.

Kehl has zero power right now. Terzic is the teacher’s pet right now with Watzke. Making all the decisions, but Watzke will also axe him if results turn bad. This club continues to be a mess. I’m predicting we’ll have a new coach and sporting director within a year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Assan Ouedraogo is Schalke's biggest prospect in years. The first "next Goretzka" who stacks up favorably to the one time Schalke man at the same age.

Wild game. 3-3 now with Schalke down to 10 men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Assan Ouedraogo is Schalke's biggest prospect in years. The first "next Goretzka" who stacks up favorably to the one time Schalke man at the same age.

Wild game. 3-3 now with Schalke down to 10 men.
They’ve really dried up in producing good academy talents in recent years. I think that’s contributed to their fall as a club.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They’ve really dried up in producing good academy talents in recent years. I think that’s contributed to their fall as a club.
They used to have a legendary U17 coach who was fantastic at helping kids make the jump to the senior level, helping the club get the most of their academy talent a lot better than most teams. Throw in having to survive in BuLi2, and it's gotten a lot harder for them to bring kids through from their academy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Wild game between Hamburg and Schalke yesterday. Very entertaining, but good luck with the defence corpses. Both of them.
Hannover did Hannover things again, but at least they didn't loose as usual in those situations. I didn't even know where Elversberg is.
And Hertha messed up, too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wild game between Hamburg and Schalke yesterday. Very entertaining, but good luck with the defence corpses. Both of them.
Hannover did Hannover things again, but at least they didn't loose as usual in those situations. I didn't even know where Elversberg is.
And Hertha messed up, too.

4 Dardais just wasn't enough :sarcasm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's strange feeling like our strength (our defense) is the spot were our depth is most iffy.

With Becker, Fofana, Behrens, Jordan, Kaufmann, Hollerbech, and Sanogo, we've got plenty of options for the front two. While Khedira, Laidouni, Aaronson, Tousart, Kral, Haberer, and Schäfer, leave the midfield triangle more than two deep at every spot.

But in defense we have just 3 FBs; Juranovic, Roussillon, & Trimmel. And though Doekhi, Leite, & Knoche are an excellent starting trio, with Jaeckel & Heintz capable deputies, any injuries to our defenders will leave us in a bad way when those English weeks hit.

Really hoping we can secure another CB that we could trust to start and that LB upgrade we've been linked to since the season ended...or two FBs with Trimmel converting to a CB like I've wanted for a couple of years.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
They're going to naturally be the favorite to the bookmakers and all the outsiders, but they are still very vulnerable. They got absolutely lapped by us in the second half of the season, and it's not like they've solved their problems. Maybe Kane will help, if they add him, but Tuchel to Nagelsmann is such a downgrade.

Obviously they can win, but I think this is the most tenuous their hold on the best team in the league has been. It's either very small or completely non-existent.

Reactions: Power Man

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As of now Bayern are nothing more than a big name that won every year,
No goalie, no striker, Sane linked to PSG or whoever. Their roster is pretty inomplete.

1243745434.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't even know what to answer and if I had posted this pic you didn't know either what to say.
Fact (to me at least) is that Bayern are a torso with many question marks and no arms and legs.

I would take more encouragement from that if they weren’t a 30min Upa meltdown away from winning the league & the CL, despite shooting themselves in the foot with the Nagelsmann firing. That roster can be both imperfect and good enough to be the best team in Europe.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It's strange feeling like our strength (our defense) is the spot were our depth is most iffy.

With Becker, Fofana, Behrens, Jordan, Kaufmann, Hollerbech, and Sanogo, we've got plenty of options for the front two. While Khedira, Laidouni, Aaronson, Tousart, Kral, Haberer, and Schäfer, leave the midfield triangle more than two deep at every spot.

But in defense we have just 3 FBs; Juranovic, Roussillon, & Trimmel. And though Doekhi, Leite, & Knoche are an excellent starting trio, with Jaeckel & Heintz capable deputies, any injuries to our defenders will leave us in a bad way when those English weeks hit.

Really hoping we can secure another CB that we could trust to start and that LB upgrade we've been linked to since the season ended...or two FBs with Trimmel converting to a CB like I've wanted for a couple of years.
Fofana keeps scoring.

He was the best player on the field when I saw Chelsea live against Southampton and Potter pulled him after 45 minutes just to trot Havertz as ST every week and Lampard to reintegrate Aubameyang

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fofana keeps scoring.

He was the best player on the field when I saw Chelsea live against Southampton and Potter pulled him after 45 minutes just to trot Havertz as ST every week and Lampard to reintegrate Aubameyang

Well he is playing off of Behrens, anybody could score with that ogre fighting to bring balls down for them...

I haven't watched any of our friendlies, but it has been interesting seeing us trying out some more 3-4-3 shapes with both Fofana & Becker playing off Behrens. I'm still expecting a 3-5-2 with Aaronson, Laidouni, and Khedira...but pairing Khedira with Kral or Tousart behind an attacking 3 should work as well.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Getting out Hertha’d by Hertha might be the only way HSV doesn’t botch promotion.
Anything new on the Vuskovic suspension with HSV? Very strange situation as he refused a reduction in his suspension to 6 months.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Anything new on the Vuskovic suspension with HSV? Very strange situation as he refused a reduction in his suspension to 6 months.

I don’t think so. Iirc he tried to fight the accusations instead of just accepting his guilt and that’s why he ended up with a harsher punishment. But this isn’t a situation I’ve paid close attention to so that could be completely wrong lol

Reactions: Islesfan22

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
According to "Bild" and others Bayern finally have an agreement with Tottenham. 110 m Euros (all inclsive). Kane will make 29m per year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
According to "Bild" and others Bayern finally have an agreement with Tottenham. 110 m Euros (all inclsive). Kane will make 29m per year.

Lol hopefully that prevents them from buying Wirtz next summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad