German football season 2023/24

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Congrats to the pill pushers, BMG was my 1st division team for too many years for me to be too emphatic in my enthusiasm, but this has been an incredible season and they absolutely deserve a treble. Just fantastic football on display.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In all competitions

Not sure Müller's goal in their loss to Saarbrucken...which is what gives him the advantage; in the BuLi + CL Musiala is still ahead...is all that convincing an argument to start him over Musiala in a game they need to win. Especially with Musiala playing his best football of the season over the past couple of months.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
In all competitions
Don't waste it man, not worth it. You're going against the massive hateboner for Müller (and Neuer) on top of the general one for being (not young) Bayern players on top of the general disdain for players over the age of 25...and in comparison to one of the golden children. It's a dead end. :laugh:

FTR record I'd go Tel-Müller-Musiala if Sané isn't 100%, but probably Musiala-Müller-Sané, with Tel ready to sub against tired legs otherwise.

Reactions: cgf

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Just beat Arsenal, whoever starts.
Feels like the slip up today adds a great deal of pressure to all their competitions, but Bayern have been so mentally fragile all season, a result either way isn't going to surprise me. Only thing I would say with certainty is I would be shocked if Upamecano sees the field, lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don't waste it man, not worth it. You're going against the massive hateboner for Müller (and Neuer) on top of the general one for being (not young) Bayern players on top of the general disdain for players over the age of 25...and in comparison to one of the golden children. It's a dead end. :laugh:

FTR record I'd go Tel-Müller-Musiala if Sané isn't 100%, but probably Musiala-Müller-Sané, with Tel ready to sub against tired legs otherwise.

I know you guys love the players who are our age, even when the kids are outperforming them, but Müller just isn't playing as well as Musiala right now. Could see starting him over Tel if Sane's good to go...which is why I suggested it...but not Jamal.

• Haha
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I know you guys love the players who are our age, even when the kids are outperforming them, but Müller just isn't playing as well as Musiala right now. Could see starting him over Tel if Sane's good to go...which is why I suggested it...but not Jamal.
Muller's more than 2 years younger than I am... But I do love his goofiness, and how his football IQ seems to be 100x than his real one haha

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Muller's more than 2 years younger than I am... But I do love his goofiness, and how his football IQ seems to be 100x than his real one haha
Touche, he's a fellow 89er so he's almost exactly my age...and I totally get what you mean :laugh:

giphy.gif
T

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Sounding like next year will be the last...at least in a player's kit. Totally agree on the IQ too, a player that goes out as one of the greats even without amazing technical skill or robust physical attributes,, just knowing where and what to do on the field. Oh, and yeah, 100% a goofball horse/rabbit farmer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sounding like next year will be the last...at least in a player's kit. Totally agree on the IQ too, a player that goes out as one of the greats even without amazing technical skill or robust physical attributes,, just knowing where and what to do on the field. Oh, and yeah, 100% a goofball horse/rabbit farmer.

You guys making it out like I hate Müller when I was getting yelled at for how much I liked him a decade & a half ago is funny to me. He's still fantastic, but he's not Wirtz or Musiala anymore.

And he's perfect in that joker role, when he can go all out for half an hour and doesn't need to worry about pacing himself for a full 90....or even 60

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad