Should Gerard Gallant be Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
NYRs being passivly mocked this am on NHL Radio as " old and slow " , while discussing how Carolinas system of speed and pressure gives reason to believe that the Devils will have a MUCH more difficult time coming back in this series.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
That's a given, but where did Knoblauch come from and what are his strengths/views? He's an unknown to me.

I want a Rob Brind'Amour. Sutter is the only guy, that I know of, that can get his team to be strong 5v5 and give a consistent effort. He's not going to pus$yfoot around his stars...

Yes, he has a small window. I don't care tbh. The Country Club needs to be closed for remodeling. He's arguably the necessary evil right now.

Calgary was a top3 team in xG% this season. Top5 last season. Isn't this what we are all clamoring for? To be a top 5v5 unit? Calgary was done in my terrible goaltending and special teams. It seems like a perfect match.

I have no clue why they decided to play pond hockey with Edmonton last season. They failed on many levels. We also do not have Markstrom. We have the best goalie in the world.

It'd be last call for Panarin as well. I can see him going back to his relentless 2019 New York Rangers style....
It's interesting. The Canes are obviously a good organization that does all they can to field a winning hockey team. Brind'Amour is great. He's also part of a team that works together. they develop people, they use analytics, the whole deal.

I think we don't get our Brind'Amour till our organization gets it together.

If indeed Knoblauch is Drury's guy, that might be a plus because he would not work against Drury (as I believe Gallant did).

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
NYRs being passivly mocked this am on NHL Radio as " old and slow " , while discussing how Carolinas system of speed and pressure gives reason to believe that the Devils will have a MUCH more difficult time coming back in this series.
Here's the funny thing: last spring the Rangers were the youngest team in the playoffs.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Apparently multiple Flames players requested to be traded if the organization planned to keep Sutter. Not saying you should let the inmates run the asylum but this is why you do player interviews first.

Reactions: Megustaelhockey

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Marchand became Marchand in part because he showed up on a team that had good leadership already. Bergeron and Chara. Marchand on a shitty team is Sean Avery but with more skill. That's what scares me about my own suggestion. I don't see Othmann as a great gatekeeper. See this year. He has nothing to prove in juniors and his game slacks a bunch. Meaning, his discipline, his focus, his ability to lead others, that's not nec his thing. He's a catalyst. But a catalyst on an undisciplined, unled team is just a sh*t-disturber who could be very undisciplined and almost seem like a problem. A Marchand needs to be on a team with a strong, solid leader of men.
You may be correct on this, but it's almost a roll of the dice we have to take.

1. He's Drurys first pick. He's going to get that chance.

2. He's got some grease to him. We desperately need that.

3. He shoots....and oh man do we ever need a guy that will shoot first.

Most of all

4. He's not going to let the vets in this group to walk over him like KK and LaF did.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Speaking of Drury, someone needs to tell him to get out of the pizza kitchen and address the media about the future of this team.
Likely he wants to wait until he figures out what he's doing with gallant.

Theres a big question of what happens in pittsburg with sullivan. Sullivan or Bruce Boudreau would be my thoughts.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Vally should 100% be involved with the team somehow in an advisor role.

But he even mentioned it, coaches are insecure and do not want analysts telling players what to do.

It’s fitting because isn’t this that led to Gallant leaving in a taxi in Florida?
Valliquette is a wannabee . He was a wannabee NHL player . He's a wannabee TV analyst . He has a wannabee analytics company. Their website looks like he had a 15 year old nephew design it. He's a total joke. If anybody took him seriously don't you think the Rangers would have hired him by now ?

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
They aren't lying...SMH it was a pathetic sight to see those last 4 games in the series

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Apparently multiple Flames players requested to be traded if the organization planned to keep Sutter. Not saying you should let the inmates run the asylum but this is why you do player interviews first.
I speculate if there wasn't a division in the locker room last season.... Maybe Tkachuk being the main proponent for Sutter, keeping things glued together. Things also get magnified when you're not winning. Special teams and Goaltending led to Calgary to underperform.

Sometimes it's the players. Sometimes it's both.

Boston ran Cassidy out of town, had a great regular season but replicated the 1st round exit. Cassidy's team is now the favorite out of the West.

Maurice 'gave up' in a sense, on Winnipeg roster. They went out in the 1st like they normally do. Florida beat the #1 and now looking to take out #2.

Reactions: The Gloaming

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Valliquette is a wannabee . He was a wannabee NHL player . He's a wannabee TV analyst . He has a wannabee analytics company. Their website looks like he had a 15 year old nephew design it. He's a total joke. If anybody took him seriously don't you think the Rangers would have hired him by now ?
iu

He was a NHL player
He's a great TV Analyst
He has an extremely successful company

Strike 3, you're out.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Awful take.

The Washington Capitals, FWIW, are a customer of Clear Sight Analytics which is generally considered to be among the best in the sport in advanced statistics.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
This thread could have been spared this entire post had you just listened to the content of his analysis, which is refreshing, insightful and most importantly, unique to the same old mundane BS you hear from every other analyst out there.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
46 games ........btw ever wonder why he was with 17 different pro/semi pro teams ?

If he "sucked" as much as you say he did, then 16 different teams wouldn't have bothered after he got cut from the first one.
That said, he played in the NHL which is wildly successful by any measure of anyone who ever sets out to play the game of hockey.

For a regional cable co.

And he's probably one of the most insightful out there. MSG has usually had one of the better broadcasting products. I suppose you think Pierre McGuire was a better analyst simply because he was on a national network then, too?

I'm doubtful.

Based on what, exactly?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
And this is why mean coaches who bag skate and yell and throw sticks and similar Letterkenny bullshit have no lasting impact on today's game.

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Here’s a tip…

Valiquette played in the NHL. You and I didn’t.

He is universally recognized as one of the best analysts is hockey.

His analytic company is a gold mine. He has created a unique system that teams bid to get information from. He only sells information to certain teams. No one else has even tried to match what his company does. iIf he’s a wannabe, I’d like to be a wannabe too.

The Rangers are one of the teams that buy Valiquette’s data. I don’t thin anyone can afford him as an AGM. He makes way too much selling data.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Here’s a tip…

Valiquette played in the NHL. You and I didn’t.

He is universally recognized as one of the best analysts is hockey.

His analytic company is a gold mine. He has created a unique system that teams bid to get information from. He only sells information to certain teams. No one else has even tried to match what his company does. iIf he’s a wannabe, I’d like to be a wannabe too.

The Rangers are one of the teams that buy Valiquette’s data. I don’t thin anyone can afford him as an AGM. He makes way too much selling data.
It really is a shame the org is not utilizing his feedback or not applying it effectively. N

I get you don't want to step on toes and some coaches may be insecure but the purpose needs to be winning a cup. Everyone needs to get on board, it takes a complete organizational effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad