Should Gerard Gallant be Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Guy has the best record after 100 games with the club in franchise history. If it's not a clear upgrade like Trotz or Q. Then I'm not interested.
Eh... I think he's overstayed his welcome. It's inexcusable to score 2 total goals in the 4 losses in the series with this much firepower on the team.

They need more of an X's and O's guy to get this team to transition up the ice better and establish a consistent forecheck. 5v5 play has been an issue for 2 straight seasons against speedy teams and they've only mitigated that by having good goaltending and powerplay.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Great job by Jersey deserved to win. They ran circles around the Rangers and played on a totally different level than the Rangers did. I hope this showing though means the end for Gallant. His offensive system was absolutely horrible for these skill players. They get shut down way too often by half decent or better defensive team. No excuse for a team that has Tarasenko Zibanejad Kreider Panarin Trockeck Kane and a kid line with some decent players on it. Waaaay too inconsistent offensively all year. Panarin under Quinn could score , wasn't afraid to shoot and looked a whole lot better. Gallant had 0 clue how to utilize him. The kids barely developed under him. He needs to go. This team is ready to compete now and needs a coach who will take full advantage of their offensive skill. If we bring Tarasenko back and with a good coach that takes advantage of these players full offensive skillsets , I think this is an entirely better team next year even if they don't add talent to it.

Reactions: Narcissus

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Good riddance. Clown player usage.

I hope they don't hire someone worse.

I think its much deeper than player rotations and usage. The spacing out there was horrible. He had no idea how to coach offense to put their players in best position to succeed. This was like an offense coordinated by Jason Garrett vs one designed by Brian Daboll/Mike Kafka.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I think its much deeper than player rotations and usage. The spacing out there was horrible. He had no idea how to coach offense to put their players in best position to succeed. This was like an offense coordinated by Jason Garrett vs one designed by Brian Daboll/Mike Kafka.
Some coaches can extract blood from a stone. Gallant couldn't extract blood from a bleeding corpse.

0 transition game. How much falls on the players and how much on the coaching remains to be seen.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
And last year against Cooper where this team also blew a 2-0 series lead. Can't repeat the same failure in back to back eliminations regardless of regular season success
Agree. I blame the players way more than the coach and think people here put too much emphasis on the "system." But this is a results business and dropping back to back series after taking 2-0 leads in both is the very definition of a fireable offense.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
This all felt inevitable the first few months of the season, which only makes me ask the question “why did we wait?”

If you’re saying someone needs to go X amount of distance in the playoffs to keep their job, you’ve already lost your trust in them. The decision is already made and there’s quite a bit of opportunity cost in not remedying the culture immediately.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Eh... I think he's overstayed his welcome. It's inexcusable to score 2 total goals in the 4 losses in the series with this much firepower on the team.

They need more of an X's and O's guy to get this team to transition up the ice better and establish a consistent forecheck. 5v5 play has been an issue for 2 straight seasons against speedy teams and they've only mitigated that by having good goaltending and powerplay.

Yeah. I said it in the thread on the main boards. We don't have the speed or muscle to beat teams that way. We need a strong system to play to strengths and everyone needs to know their role.

How many times can they change coaches? It is the players. Panarin no show yea lets keep him for next season lol pathetic. It’s coaching and players. Pathetic effort

Panarin was rough, definitely, but the whole forward group was awful. Something was very wrong, and it's a case where I'm hoping injuries get disclosed, because there was a TON of standing around and lazy efforts that an NHL coach won't/shouldn't accept. If that's the attitude, that's a gutless locker room.

Reactions: OldBlueshirt

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Have we circled back to the "This team needs an ass kicker behind the bench" narrative yet? I think that'll definitely fix the team this time around.

This soft team would just tune out the coach or request trades. They need to stop being pampered. It makes them soft and heartless. Pathetic

Reactions: OldBlueshirt

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Guy has the best record after 100 games with the club in franchise history. If it's not a clear upgrade like Trotz or Q. Then I'm not interested.
Record shmecord - who cares? Guy's a regular season coach who inherited a good roster. It's not that impressive. Not trying to be hostile. We need someone who won't get outcoached & outclassed in a postseason series.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
If Drury stays I would think itll be more on the coach than the players . This is a very very good roster and might become even stronger with Laffy and Kakko better developing under a better coach. The whole offense struggled to score 5v5. This is entirely a systemic issue not a player issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad