• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ

Which reference's Staples' TheAthletic artcle; mentioning the report from Friedman
Thank you!

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
the only reason i can only think why gg hasn't been canned is because he is an insurance policy. is there an assistant that is on a team that's still in the playoffs that the rangers have an eye on?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think part of this could be waiting for Mike Sullivan to become available. Drury seems content to let Gallant twist in the wind after this reported argument. Quenneville is a bad idea and I think they know it. Have a suspicion about Knoblauch, Drury would have his Aaron Boone.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Remember when Gallant was first hired, taking over for Quinn, and HFNYR was in consensus that he was a real coach, and the just-right coach, for this team?

Yeah, I remember

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
I don't see the coaching staff as the only problem with the outcome of this series. I see the makeup of this team as a problem as well. I don't see a NYR squad that can handle a speed game with a speed game and the only way to overcome any lack of speed is to play a hard in your face game which when I look at this team, they surely lack in that dept as well. We knew we were playing the NJDs and we bring in old established stars to do what? when they need to keep up with the NJDs. Then game 7 comes along and we show no lack of a competitive nature and we lack any urgency to compete, that falls directly on the players to compete and management to bring in the right players to play playoff hockey.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I voted ‘no’ because I don’t think GG deserves to be fired. At least not first. Don’t think he’s the main problem. I’d like to see the core shaken up first. Though I think the issues with this organization are even deeper than that.

(And by “deeper issues” I’m not implying anything sinister or diabolical, just that they don’t have a winning mix…it’s just corporate and staid. An organization in a a rut, following an old playbook, powered by inertia. And I have no idea what they need to do to fix that).

Last edited:
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Remember when Gallant was first hired, taking over for Quinn, and HFNYR was in consensus that he was a real coach, and the just-right coach, for this team?

Yeah, I remember
Yeah and remember people thinking Lindy Ruff sucks, turns out he is pretty good and not bad at developing young players. But our rebuild has been totally destroyed by bad decisions, wrong coaches, bad trades, poor development program, bad drafting, playoff rentals, and so on.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Yeah and remember people thinking Lindy Ruff sucks, turns out he is pretty good and not bad at developing young players. But our rebuild has been totally destroyed by bad decisions, wrong coaches, bad trades, poor development program, bad drafting, playoff rentals, and so on.
Same as it always has been.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I just feel it’s too soon to be running Gallant out of town. Roster has issues and not sure new coaching can fix that.
I'm normally the last one to jump ship on a coach, I think fans are usually irrational and want to fire a coach on a whim. I also agree, its very soon.

That said, in this particular case, I feel that this is broken. We saw all year how this team would come out some games looking fantastic, others, completely disinterested. Unfortunately this was also the story for the series against the devils, culminating in a listless game 7 performance up and down the lineup. Gallant clearly disagrees with this assessment, goes to the media and basically says all the reasons why he thinks everything is just fine. If he can't even see a problem, how can he fix it? The reason he denies it is because he probably can't fix it. For that reason, I think this team needs a new leader, a new voice.

Also tracks with his past. He gets a team up and going for about 2 years, and then loses them.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Yeah, I remember
I just feel it’s too soon to be running Gallant out of town. Roster has issues and not sure new coaching can fix that.

Gallant was the correct hire when it was made. The team legitimized itself under his watch. Back to back 100+ point seasons and a deep run. The problem with Gallant is, he doesnt last very long anywhere. The lack of accountability for this playoff failure is already an enormous red flag. If we don't fire him now, we're just pushing the inevitable off until December-January. See Gallant's tenure in Florida & Vegas for reference.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm normally the last one to jump ship on a coach, I think fans are usually irrational and want to fire a coach on a whim. I also agree, its very soon.

That said, in this particular case, I feel that this is broken. We saw all year how this team would come out some games looking fantastic, others, completely disinterested. Unfortunately this was also the story for the series against the devils, culminating in a listless game 7 performance up and down the lineup. Gallant clearly disagrees with this assessment, goes to the media and basically says all the reasons why he thinks everything is just fine. If he can't even see a problem, how can he fix it? The reason he denies it is because he probably can't fix it. For that reason, I think this team needs a new leader, a new voice.

Also tracks with his past. He gets a team up and going for about 2 years, and then loses them.

Yeah, I’m fine if Gallant is gone, I just hope they also address the roster as well. I’m just indifferent when it comes to moving on from Gallant.

Last edited:

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
You just used Georgiev's stats with Gallant as proof Gallant sucks and pointed out that Georgiev was much better under Quinn.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that you just came to a conclusion that Quinn was a better coach than Gallant.

You stated something as fact and based it on one stat. When confronted with the same logic thrown back at you, you ran away from your own logic.

We were god awful by every metric gallants first season. We were awful. We rode the Shesty train. Georgiev had a bad season, but that was most likely because we played awful in front of him.

Now, gallant is a shitty coach. He basically self admits that by saying he is not an x and o’s type of guy. Good coaches understand this type of stuff.

In that way, quinn was actually better than him. He is much smarter and understands strategy. He was just a micro manager who by all accounts sucked playing for. In that way he is a worse coach.

But quinn isnt our coach, and i dont want him to be. Gallant unfortunately is, and it is clear as day that he has no clue how to run this team. By every single metric except goaltending and PP we are below avg. and when u see the talent we have on ice, nobody really understands why or why they look so clueless.

f***, even sammy blais was happy to get off this team and started piling on points. And on a shittier team.

I dont know why u are so enamored with him. But why dont u tell me what he has done so well? Im curious as to what u think he “brings to this org. Bc so far i havent seen anything or anyone really getting better under him. Most players start playing better when they get off this team.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Gallant is not the problem. The underachieving roster along with the two high pick busts are the issue.
Who are you going to replace him with? Be careful what you ask for.

Undoubtedly the two high-pick busts are a major issue.

But how people can maintain that an underachieving roster somehow doesn't fall on the coach is beyond me. Especially considering many of these players have actually shown up in previous playoffs and played well and even dominated.

The specific job of a coach is to get the most out of his players.

And one of the jobs of a good GM, even if they have a coach they love, should be to constantly monitor, or have at least some kind of awareness, of the coaching situation around the league and potential up-and-comers. A scout for coaches if you will.

I would certainly hope that an NHL front office has a much better grasp of coaches around the league than we fans, who primarily watch our own team, do.

Taking the stance, "Well, our guy isn't so good, but if we replace him it could be worse!" is risk-averse, detrimental to any organization, and exactly how you find yourself stuck in mediocrity.

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines

Yeah, I remember
It doesn´t matter who ever is the coach. After two seasons HFNYR wants a new one unless we had a Boston Bruins like regular season and at least made it to the SCF.

Reactions: will1066

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Yeah, I remember
Remember when we had a breakout and could transition?

Elite puck movement and puck support?

Or when we looked like a well oiled machine?

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Remember when we had a breakout and could transition?

Elite puck movement and puck support?

Or when we looked like a well oiled machine?
First year under Quinn actually

But you know which direction this is going... Panarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad