Seravalli: Georgiev will Not Re-Sign with Rangers, Rangers Actively Trying to Trade Him

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
he was locked in tonight. pitches a shutout when his team was outshot 44-18. he won the game for them against a very good team.
Canes couldn’t hit the ocean tonight. Credit Georgiev for being the recipient of the canes missing 3 wide open nets.

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
G isn’t as bad as all the cry babies say he is. He want to be a starter not a back up.. then he get shelled night in night out.. but if you have a bad night or a lot of bad bounces any goalie will get blown out.. string 5 games like that and you will lose confidence.. hope get a chance with a team that need a goalie.. he will probably become a starter and good as Talbot..
His Achilles heel is puck handling.. pee wee forwards handle puck better than him half the time!!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
G isn’t as bad as all the cry babies say he is. He want to be a starter not a back up.. then he get shelled night in night out.. but if you have a bad night or a lot of bad bounces any goalie will get blown out.. string 5 games like that and you will lose confidence.. hope get a chance with a team that need a goalie.. he will probably become a starter and good as Talbot..
His Achilles heel is puck handling.. pee wee forwards handle puck better than him half the time!!
His stats do a good job of telling how bad he is. He's also a locker room cancer. Get him the f*** of the Rangers.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Played like someone told him if he pitched a shutout he'd be starting for Vegas this time tomorrow. Hope we can find a spot for him but we'll need a decent backup if we move him and there doesn't seem to be too many solid options out there.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
You should be watching the Canes game. Geo is lights out. This is what he is capable of. 44 saves for a shut out against a top team.
and Ben Scrivens pitched a 59 save shut out against prime San Jose sharks and look where his career went. I love how one game erases the past 2 seasons.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Georgiev, that you?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
His stats do a good job of telling how bad he is. He's also a locker room cancer. Get him the f*** of the Rangers.
I don’t think he’d be there we’re he really a cancer. He’s mopey for sure and wants to be starter. I know I’m splitting hairs for some, but I think there’s a difference.

Reactions: bleedblue94

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
How is he a locker room cancer. This fight with TDA total got blown out of proportion due to a lack of leadership from the the vets and “COACH”…if he was the problem then TDA would be here now…. G wants to play more… granted he has play below his talent this year..f just played to his talent he showed the last two years..we would getting 1st rounder..he is a goalie…f***ing crazy what do you expect, they are all nut jobs from day one!!.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
and Ben Scrivens pitched a 59 save shut out against prime San Jose sharks and look where his career went. I love how one game erases the past 2 seasons.
and he was traded for a Edmonton 3rd (#63 OA).
and later flipped again for Zach Kassian.
No Ranger fan is saying he's worth a 1st. Or let's at least say 99% of Ranger fans don't expect that type of return (of course we'd take it and run if offered).
But you seem to have a narrative that Geo has no goalie in him and no value and you are flat wrong. How would you refute your OWN counterpoint's trade value? I mean, what do you think his value is or do you just post snarky not clever shut downs?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Played like someone told him if he pitched a shutout he'd be starting for Vegas this time tomorrow. Hope we can find a spot for him but we'll need a decent backup if we move him and there doesn't seem to be too many solid options out there.

Vegas needs to move Brossoit if they're trading for a goalie to begin with. So I wouldn't be surprised to see something like a 3rd+ Brossoit for Georgiev.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Give him the start 3-4 games in a row, no matter how bad his numbers are, or he starts getting punchy. Got it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think he becomes an Oiler.
Well I'm sick of my Oilers riding the same two goalies into the ground. Georguev is one of many I'd like the Oilers to try out.

But I doubt we get one without trading another. Every layer of complexity lowers the odds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad