Seravalli: Georgiev will Not Re-Sign with Rangers, Rangers Actively Trying to Trade Him

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
There’s a lot of things to unpack with Georgiev. Teams have been really concerned with his body language, about his commitment, they feel that he’s outwardly been selfish. I think there’s been talk about what he’s like in the Rangers dressing room that has hurt his trade stock. The Rangers are actively trying to move him. What can they get for him? It’s probably a late round pick at this point. I’m thinking a 4th. Alex Nedeljkovic went for a 3rd, and Georgiev hasn’t been as good as him, plus there’s baggage, and he’s not coming back. So the Rangers don’t have much leverage. Vegas is a strong possibility.
@14:09

Reactions: Rempe73

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This fugging guy...

They should have cut bait on him when he punched his teammate.

The idea that he won't sign a contract when hes floating at a sub .900 sv% is laughable. He will be lucky to have an offer at this point.

GTFOH.

We can have anyone come in and lose every 5th game for league minimum. Dude brings nothing to the table but a fork and an appetite.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
This fugging guy...

The idea that he won't sign a contract when hes floating at a sub .900 sv% is laughable. He will be lucky to have an offer at this point.

GTFOH.

We can have anyone come in and lose every 5th game for league minimum. Dude brings nothing to the table but a fork and an appetite.
Rangers chose to dump the wrong guy. What else is new.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He’s a serviceable backup with a bad attitude. Agreed that he’ll probably go for a 4th, and a 3rd would be a good return.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
What teams out there snaps players back into shape with attitudes? I think Lupul was a party boy, and a weird dude. Seems like Toronto kicked em into shape. Toronto? You want this guy? Can your Front Office check this fool? And get em back into a proper player

Reactions: voxel

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
This makes no sense for the Rangers

And your thought process shows that by thinking the Ducks need or it adds any value whatsoever to retain 50% on his contract for this year

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
This fugging guy...

GTFOH.

He owes nothing to the Rangers once his contract expires, whether he can find a better deal elsewhere is his problem but there's nothing wrong about using that option. Considering that his career has only been going downhill in New York makes it seem like the logical outcome as well, for both sides. I don't see why that should come with any hard feelings.

Reactions: Willy89

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Deangelo and Kane both got signed by teams, and the Jets GM is still employed.

Apparently even really shittier people can get work, I feel like Georgiev would be fine.
Yeah... but Kane and Deangelo are actually better than average NHL quality starters at their position whereas Georgiev is a less than average NHL back-up at his position.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Deangelo and Kane both got signed by teams, and the Jets GM is still employed.

Apparently even really shittier people can get work, I feel like Georgiev would be fine.

Not commenting on your argument but my point was that if he's both a locker room problem and a bad player there could be less interest
DeAngelo and Kane are both great players and Chevy is a great GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad